Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Star Wars trailer.

Comments

• My son is only 4 and he's already making every stick he finds into a lightsaber and talking about Star Wars 24/7. I'm going to get a lot of pestering over this film.
  • edited October 2015
    My reaction when I first saw it at home on my own just now..... So many childhood memories coming flooding back. Anyone know what certificate it is? Want to bring my 7 year old to see it at the cinema like my Dad did for me.

• I too am waiting for confirmation of the certificate before booking.
    My 6 year old would be disappointed having sat him down with the DVDs of the original 3 throughout the year.

Have to say, from the trailer it does look a bit more 'grown up' than the originals.
  • I too am waiting for confirmation of the certificate before booking.
    My 6 year old would be disappointed having sat him down with the DVDs of the original 3 throughout the year.

Have to say, from the trailer it does look a bit more 'grown up' than the originals.

Dunno.. In Revenge of the Sith it was pretty "grown up" with kids being killed in the Jedi Temple and all the Senior Jedi being ambushed
  • Its a 12A I think. Does that mean i can take my 7 year old to see it or not ?!
  • Shag said:

Its a 12A I think. Does that mean i can take my 7 year old to see it or not ?!

Yes mate, as long as kids under 12 are accompanied by an adult, they can get into a 12A.
  • The 12A rating is only used for films shown in cinemas. Films rated 12A are suitable for children aged 12 and over. However, people younger than 12 may see a 12A so long as they are accompanied by an adult.
  • Shag said:

Didnt Star Wars continue with the 12A when the prequels came out so that kids could continue to see them?

I'd be surprised now if they changed that stance
  • Shag said:

As long as he / she doesn't want to go on their own
  • Cheers lads
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

So I'm going to guess Luke is the one saying he'll finish what Vader started.

nope, kylo ren, the new baddie who apparently is obsessed with darth vader and the empire. Luke from what i hear will not play a massive part in this film, but the next one...
  • Dazzler21 said:

So I'm going to guess Luke is the one saying he'll finish what Vader started.

nope, kylo ren, the new baddie who apparently is obsessed with darth vader and the empire. Luke from what i hear will not play a massive part in this film, but the next one...
    Ive seen a few theories online to who Kylo Ren, all very interesting.

Really looking forward to seeing it.
  • edited October 2015
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I've got a feeling that Luke is hiding because he doesn't want to rebuild the Jedi in case someone tries to destroy it again... Kylo Ren might be the son of Leia and Han (we know the girl in the film is almost certainly their daughter)...

In addition, the Emperor Palpatine was never killed (as he cloned himself), so Luke may go over to the Dark side eventually but I cant see him doing in the style of Darth Vadar as it would make the end of Return of the Jedi meaningless, its for that reason why I think Kylo Ren is a family member and that Luke gives himself to the Emperor to save his son / nephew.

These are all theories that I've thought up so could be utter B/S
  • Maybe when it says started what vader began, it means killing the Emperor. Could be a case of 1 down, X to go
  • Maybe when it says started what vader began, it means killing the Emperor. Could be a case of 1 down, X to go

Very good point it might well be... As Vadar didnt start anything... It was all the Emperor
  • and that blonde lass has already won The Apprentice but the Geordie goes out in tomorrow's French Negotiation episode
  • edited October 2015

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I've got a feeling that Luke is hiding because he doesn't want to rebuild the Jedi in case someone tries to destroy it again... Kylo Ren might be the son of Leia and Han (we know the girl in the film is almost certainly their daughter)...

In addition, the Emperor Palpatine was never killed (as he cloned himself), so Luke may go over to the Dark side eventually but I cant see him doing in the style of Darth Vadar as it would make the end of Return of the Jedi meaningless, its for that reason why I think Kylo Ren is a family member and that Luke gives himself to the Emperor to save his son / nephew.

i'm pretty sure the literature about the emporer etc is no longer canon. So he's dead. No clones whatsoever.

I've heard kylo ren might be the son of leia and solo, or that he is the brother of rey, in the poster released the other day her staff is positioned in such a way that matches ren's lightsaber, this is no accident. Abrams has also said it is "completely intentional" that she has no last name... for now...
  • POSSIBLE SPOILERS

i'm pretty sure the literature about the emporer etc is no longer canon. So he's dead. No clones whatsoever.
    Shame as would be great for the next one to end with a clone being brought to life (no one knowing what it is) and then having the Emperor (Ian McDiarmid) walking out of the smoke... With number three being about him being a nuisance one final time
  • Here's some other theories (not just my own):

The mysterious, crucifix-sabred, masked badass dominates the poster as the main figure of the Dark Side and the internet has long rumoured he is either:

Luke

Luke's son
    Han and Leia's son

or just C-3PO in his goth phase

What if he is Emperor Palpatine's grandson.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Here's some other theories (not just my own):

The mysterious, crucifix-sabred, masked badass dominates the poster as the main figure of the Dark Side and the internet has long rumoured he is either:

Luke

Luke's son
    Han and Leia's son

or just C-3PO in his goth phase

What if he is Emperor Palpatine's grandson.

it's not luke
  • Sponsored links:

• If you look at the poster... Han and Leia's daughter is holding a pole at the very same angle as Kylo Ren, not saying they're the same person but maybe means that they're related?
  • If you look at the poster... Han and Leia's daughter is holding a pole at the very same angle as Kylo Ren, not saying they're the same person but maybe means that they're related?

rey is not (as far as we know) han and leia's daughter
  • I know the books are no longer cannon, but in the books Leia has twins, just like her mother before her. Guess it really depends how much JJ wants to borrow from the books, and how much new stuff he wants to create.

Ha ha ha

So in the know, yet not at all in the know.
  • Dazzler21 said:

If you look at the poster... Han and Leia's daughter is holding a pole at the very same angle as Kylo Ren, not saying they're the same person but maybe means that they're related?

Ha ha ha

So in the know, yet not at all in the know.
    ? when did i claim to be in the know? odd.
  • I know the books are no longer cannon, but in the books Leia has twins, just like her mother before her. Guess it really depends how much JJ wants to borrow from the books, and how much new stuff he wants to create.

I kinda think he doesn't care at all about the EU, I reckon he came into it with a completely blank canvas, thought about what the galaxy post-Jedi would be like, and went from there. That said, people have drawn comparisons between Kylo Ren (Adam Driver, definitely not Luke) and an old Sith called Darth Revan, so maybe he's using the EU for inspiration to some extent.

I don't think we've seen Luke because his physical appearance is plot-related, and JJ is holding a few things back for proper air-punching moments in the cinema.

In fact, the trailers they have released have slowly teased out more from the same scenes. It's a brilliantly realised promotion.
  • PL54 said:

and that blonde lass has already won The Apprentice but the Geordie goes out in tomorrow's French Negotiation episode

You fool @Bedsaddick
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

and that blonde lass has already won The Apprentice but the Geordie goes out in tomorrow's French Negotiation episode

You fool @Bedsaddick
    Thanks Mr CL Troll.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

You fool @Bedsaddick
    Thanks Mr CL Troll.
    So funny
  • My son is only 4 and he's already making every stick he finds into a lightsaber and talking about Star Wars 24/7. I'm going to get a lot of pestering over this film.

With your user name, if you can't sort it out for him, what chance have we got?