Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall 1 - 5 Middlesborough

Comments

• Options
    Here's hoping this is the start of Millwalls descent into league 1.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I like this idea but they seem to have some grit about them. Several good comebacks and Holloway is a Wiley old git and will unfortunately have enough to avoid the drop.

Please someone persuade me I'm wrong here. Oh and of course the three points v Charlton.
  • Options

I like this idea but they seem to have some grit about them. Several good comebacks and Holloway is a Wiley old git and will unfortunately have enough to avoid the drop.

Please someone persuade me I'm wrong here. Oh and of course the three points v Charlton.
    I think they have won one in 13 games.
  • Options
    agim said:

Agent Holloway doing a splendid job.

Just heard him on SSN; he sounds like a broken man. Marvellous!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes, but the 5 unfortunately shows our shortcomings as much as theirs. That's why we we will be closer to Millwall, than to Boro at the end of the season.

Millwall get smashed by 'Boro at home whilst we get a decent point away at Nottingham Forest and somehow their result highlights our shortcomings ?
    How many did we manage to slot past the scum?
    How many did they "slot past" us ?
    You asked how this result highlights our shortcomings, clearly defending isn't one of them
  • Options
    Where are our resident Millwall fans tonight? They are constantly popping up on other threads, this one is especially for them
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes where are the Smallwall fans tonight? I too was hoping for at least 6 goals today. As long as Gollum stays in charge there is a very good chance of Orient beckoning for the 4k travelling fans.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Stig said:

agim said:

Interesting you mention that. I've always felt Holloway was a manager that needed to feel what he was doing was working and when it wasn't he lost complete confidence. His career has been littered with highs and lows and it seems to me that when it starts to go wrong it can quickly go spectacularly wrong.

I notice that this current spell at Millwall represents his worst ever win % ratio standing at 25%. One win in 14 now.

He's never really won over the fans at The New Den and he needs to find something in his locker otherwise his position with the fans will become untenable. The Chairman Berylson seems a decent man to me and I think would stick by Holloway but I can see a point where a "mutual agreement" situation might happen.

I would be interested in what our Lions fans think.

I am sure they will avoid the drop as I think Holloway has been around long enough to be able to go back to basics and tough out games.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jelle Vossen was a player we were looking to bring in.
  • Options

Stig said:

agim said:

Interesting you mention that. I've always felt Holloway was a manager that needed to feel what he was doing was working and when it wasn't he lost complete confidence. His career has been littered with highs and lows and it seems to me that when it starts to go wrong it can quickly go spectacularly wrong.

I notice that this current spell at Millwall represents his worst ever win % ratio standing at 25%. One win in 14 now.

He's never really won over the fans at The New Den and he needs to find something in his locker otherwise his position with the fans will become untenable. The Chairman Berylson seems a decent man to me and I think would stick by Holloway but I can see a point where a "mutual agreement" situation might happen.

NOooooooooooo!

• Options

Stig said:

agim said:

I am sure they will avoid the drop as I think Holloway has been around long enough to be able to go back to basics and tough out games.

Based on current form, and if what you say is true about what happens when it's not going his way, I hope he sees out the season.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll go down :(
  • Options
    Never mind Olly....think of all the lovely fines you can call in now after a performance like that. How is the 'ol Player Conduct Contract working out these days anyway?

newsshopper.co.uk/sport/millwall/10943703.Ollie_demands_Millwall_players_sign_up_to_new_conduct_contracts/

What a bellend.

• Options
    yeah defo does hahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Well the millwall boards are full of vitriol against Hollaway at the moment. He is a sink or swim kind of guy. With a bit of luck he will sink but against us Millwall played well and could have won the game. I suspect there are 3 worse sides than millwall in the division this year and we may well lose against one of them next week (It would be typical Charlton!)
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Jelle Vossen was a player we were looking to bring in.

12 games without a goal sounds very Charlton, but scoring a hattrick against the spanners means he really wouldn't have fitted in here. Lucky escape ;-)
  • Options
    chappers said:

Many fans left then and also after about an hour

I didn't know they had enough fans to actually describe as "many".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Text a spanner " are you getting your 5 a day?"

Could be trending on twitter pretty shortly....
  • Options

Text a spanner " are you getting your 5 a day?"

Could be trending on twitter pretty shortly....
    # getting their 5 a day.
  • Options
    I'm sending Ollie a thank you card, bought it this morning.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Where are our resident Millwall fans tonight? They are constantly popping up on other threads, this one is especially for them

Hello.

Looking very dodgy for us, can't stop conceding goals. Makes it even funnier than you couldn't score against us.

If this carries on though you may well witness the win of all wins at The Den next year.
  • Options

If this carries on though you may well witness the win of all wins at The Den next year.

Nope! We will give you the victory which will ultimately lead to your survival.

• Options
    Asked a boro fan at work this morning how they got on, on Saturday in front of a spanner. Had to be done.
  • Options
    At ease, chaps.

Well, how bad are we? I've only just finished harming the old ladies, scarfers and children I managed to snare after the match against Gateshead's arch rivals.

I said before our game against you that we were bad. Not sure you believed me. Hopefully you do now.

I quite like League One.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

cabbles said:

Hello.

Looking very dodgy for us, can't stop conceding goals. Makes it even funnier than you couldn't score against us.

Good to know that the Millwall fans streaming towards the exits were chuckling to themselves about Charlton. Boro were laughing, we were laughing and Millwall were laughing. Everybody is happy.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Options

Well the millwall boards are full of vitriol against Hollaway at the moment. He is a sink or swim kind of guy. With a bit of luck he will sink but against us Millwall played well and could have won the game. I suspect there are 3 worse sides than millwall in the division this year and we may well lose against one of them next week (It would be typical Charlton!)

I'm not sure there are 3 worse teams, Birmingham are picking up and may be taken over, I can't see Brighton and Wigan finishing below Millwall with their squads and resources etc