Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overheard at Cannon St station

13»

Comments

• Options
    A friend of mine took some American visitors to Hadrian's Wall, explained that it was built by the Romans, and was asked: "So, does it go all the way to Italy?".
  • Options
    I haven't got one :(
  • Options
    A friend who has been to Brazil before asked which continent it was in when we said guess she went through them all and said Well it cannot be South America. She is English!
  • Options
    Overheard an American outside the Tower of London comment to his partner "Hey Thelma why is it not leaning?" to which she replied "Shucks Earl and why's it called the Leaning Tower of Pizza when there's nowhere to buy a slice and a bucket of coke?"

True story that... No its not.
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

Went to Ireland and my dad got talking to two Americans who asked if we had gotten there from London via train.

Although this lady doesn't have the excuse of being American..

I take offense to this.....
    You're an American aren't you Ross? Just ignore it mate.
    Haha I don't really take offense, just being sarcastic. I find myself making ignorant American remarks myself because many of them are, Especially when it comes to Football
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

Went to Ireland and my dad got talking to two Americans who asked if we had gotten there from London via train.

Although this lady doesn't have the excuse of being American..

I take offense to this.....
    You're an American aren't you Ross? Just ignore it mate.
    Haha I don't really take offense, just being sarcastic.
    But Americans don't understand sar...

Hey wait.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

"Oh wow I grew up in Eltham" was her reply. "Which part?" to which I said Spencer Gardens and she said she grew up on Sherard Road. I mean... what were the chances of a random Yank growing up on the road next to where I grew up!?

You probably went to school together then, perhaps your first snog behind the bike sheds .....?

And you don't remember!

I hope not... there was about 50 years age difference between us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Many moons ago I came across a lady in Newport, Rhode Island and she asked me where I was from. I said London, sensing this was going to go nowhere fast. She asked whereabout? I went to the next scale... oh "in South London" I replied. "Oh whereabouts there?" she continued. Next scale down... a little town quite near Greenwich. Oh yes she replied and I continued by saying "Eltham?". "Oh wow I grew up in Eltham" was her reply. "Which part?" to which I said Spencer Gardens and she said she grew up on Sherard Road. I mean... what were the chances of a random Yank growing up on the road next to where I grew up!?

As those thousands of dolls sing in Disneyland " It's a small, small world "

( ad nauseum)

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Depends really whether its the North or South. The North is (technically) still the UK and so maybe she was right. The Republic really feels like another country with the European number plates and using the Euro.

Do you really think she had that thought process?

• Options
    A lot of boring stories on here, but some crackers too. Typical Charlton fans really.
  • Options

ex of mine once said "Babe, wheres the jalapenos islands?". I couldn't stay in the room, walked out laughing!

dont go ..it ll be too hot

• Options
    wont be hot , might be a little chilli
  • Options
    A friend went into a KFC in Atlanta with a guy from Australia. Cashier asked where they're from "I'm from London, Alan here is from Australia", "Oh, are they close together?" asks the cashier....

It gets worse, she then went on to say that she wanted to get out of the USA because it was being overtaken by zombies. She was deadly serious - The Walking Dead has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    Southeastern are a useless bunch of winkers...

• Options
    A chap that used to work with me asked what time the 24hour bagel shop opened in Brick Lane.
  • Options
    Overheard at London bridge a few minutes ago - "why can't you tell me what platform it's coming into you f*cking jobs worth prick". See southeastern thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

This is a whole other different overheard story.

I work in Camden and I was walking along Regent's Canal one lunchtime when I saw a very attractive blonde jogging with a male jogging partner, and this is what he said to her as they jogged past:

'Have you ever thought about having sex in front of strangers?'

It haunts me to this day that I didn't leg it after them so I could hear her answer be their stranger.

Fixed it for you...