Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports Personality 2014

Comments

• Options
    I must have missed it but when did Ron noades die
  • Options
    Pavey for me. Incredible achievement this year. Bet it'll be Hamilton or McIlroy though.
  • Options
    Chris hoy, legend
  • Options
    Jo Pavey in third place
  • Options
    Rory McIlroy in second

Lewis must've won it then
  • Options
    Shame Pavey didn't win, but I guess top two was always going to be Hamilton and mcilroy.
  • Options
    Well done Lewis. Pleased that he won that. He comes from 10 miles down the road from me in Stevenage and i work with his step father who will be ecstatic.
  • Options
    Lewis Hamilton would be a worthy winner. A great achievement to win the formula one title.
  • Options
    Only saw bits of it. Not that surprised that Lewis Hamilton won but poor decision for me, Rory Mclroy should have won based on what he has done this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't agree with Hamilton winning in a sport so dominated by the quality of your car, but fair play to him, thought he spoke well
  • Options
    Hamilton actually has a personality, not that that matters with this award anymore.
  • Options
    Dissapointed in that. Mcilroy has won everything big he could possibly win this year . In a sport dominated by so many top players . Compared to f1 where it was a two horse race. Think the fact that Hamilton was more recent swung it for him.
  • Options
    Hamilton was always going to win. Couldn't split him and Rory myself.

Preferred it when it was in a studio without all the other bollocks. Jo Pavey and the lady who taught the swimmers were absolutely amazing.

Whoever directed the whole thing wants a shoeing though. Remembering those we have lost in the past year I've always found hugely poignant. It's shouldn't be about showing off the talents of a violinist and the orchestra playing the background music.
  • Options
    The programme gets more unbearable every year. Used to really enjoy it. Now I sky plus it and fast forward to the bits in interested in. Why on earth would you shell out 50 quid to sit in a crowd of 15000 to watch that? Oh, and Rory should have cantered it.
  • Options
    Historically formula one has always done well in this programme.

How many votes did Rory lose turning his back on Britain to play for Rep Ireland in Olympics?
  • Options
    Utterly disgraceful scenes from the golfers in Twitter. Poulter, Donald and Westwood all slagging Lewis off.

Erm - you twats it was a public vote. Rory could have been overseas personality as he has said he considers himself Irish and not British. But they have made themselves look so bitter. A few agents / managers will be going mental on the phone asking for tweets to be deleted (Westwoods calling Lewis a gangster has already gone).

Lewis showed in his speech what an articulate and humble guy he is. His image has changed massively this year and this bears it out.
  • Options
    Surprised at how far ahead Lewis was. Also surprised that a Dressage rider was 4th, with Bale and Froch so low down!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014

vff said:

Lewis Hamilton would be a worthy winner. A great achievement to win the formula one title.

Yeah real tough when a vastly superior car meant it was a 2 horse race.
    Rory for me. Golf is way more competitive.
    He's still got to drive the car though.
  • Options
    There may have been added votes for Lewis Hamilton due to the fairly popular perception that he beat Nico Rosberg despite the latter using some, shall we say, 'unsavoury tactics'.

Or 'cheating', if you prefer.
    :-)
  • Options
    Rory was 10/1 on to win and Hamilton was 5/1, 30 mins before the line closed. If you ask me, there was a lot of people betting on Hamilton and then voting for him, easy money.

Good to see the country has moved on from " No blacks, no dogs and no Irish."
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Good to see the country has moved on from " No blacks, no dogs and no Irish."

Harsh on Pavey! :-O
    I meant Roscoe, the bulldog.
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    Carl Froch in the top 10

Do me a favour.
  • Options
    Once Jimmy was out I turned off.
  • Options
    Would have liked to have seen Sam Burgess in the list, and probably Sir Brad, winning the world time trial championship in the way he did was huge