Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PDC WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP.

Comments

• Options
    Was hoping Taylor would go out as I can't stand the bloke and have had the misfortune of meeting him a few times am pleased to hear I'm not the only person who can't stand him
  • Options
    Anyone but taylor to win the worlds for me kish
  • Options
    I'm with you there Big Bob,my money was on Van Gerwen and Lewis from the start and still
  • Options
    Can't believe Lewis went out last night
  • Options
    Backed chisnall, gando and lewis at start.
    Said I was going to back MVG after 3rd round, cos thought that Taylor would shorten, and MVG would be unconvincing for the first rounds and drift. Hasn't drifted as much as I thought but still gonna back.
  • Options
    I was shocked Taylor was made favourite from the outset to be honest.I kept thinking about Anderson as he is a class player but just have my doubts on his bottle on the doubles when it comes to it like a World Semi or Final?
  • Options
    Had MVG also, with a cover on Bunting.
    Thought Bunting showed a degree of confidence last night
  • Options
    Bunting has somewhat surprised me with how 'easy' he has made his games look. Agree with the earlier assessment on Thornton. He's a quality player that is constantly overlooked
  • Options
    Bunting looks like he's gurning when he throws with that inane grin. Good player though he has a tendency to throw the odd casual dart.
  • Options
    Van Gerwin leading Thornton 3-2. Another great game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    4-2. He needs one more.
  • Options
    MVG v Thornton is a stonking match. Thornton probably just blown his chance as he should have made it 3-3. Looking forward to Anderson v wright. Should be a cracker.
  • Options
    MvG just finished it with a 170. Match deserved that. Quality.
  • Options
    Anderson leads Wright 2-0.
  • Options
    Anderson wins 5-1.

Anderson to play MVG in the semi.
  • Options
    180's galore in the mvg match. Thought he'd turn up.Thornton is a class player, should have levelled it up at 3-3 but missed his chance.
    Gando MVG looks like a cracker, will come down to Gando on the doubles.
  • Options
    The standard of darts is just simply staggering. The MVG / Thornton match was practically 180 after 180 after 180 with both players finishing the match with an average of over a 100!!
  • Options
    I was saying this after watching Smith v bunting. Two young guys, one just out of the BDO both comfortably averaging over 100. Not as many 180's as the mvg game but a fantastic match all the same. Even more unbelievable when you see how average the BDO is and how the players who move over up their game so much
  • Options
    Don't like to say it but I think it will be abit of a stroll for taylor tonight against van der voort. Worth backing 5-0 and 5-1 and you will still make money. Bunting should be steady enough to see off barney 10/11 with a -1.5 handicap looks good there.
  • Options
    Agree CC, VDV is the sort of person Taylor eats up.
    5-0 for me.
    Bunting for me too, barney just doesnt fill me with any confidence.

Two semis tonight nowhere near fill me wth the same excitement as last nights semis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have gone with the Taylor game to be over 6.5 sets and Bunting on the handicap -1.5
  • Options
    GL kish

The winner of the bunting game i don't think has enough to beat taylor anyway.
    Here's to hoping we are celebrating MVG or Gando denying taylor another title.

Personally think it'll be under 1.5 sets tho kish in the taylor game
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Was there last night, quality evenings entertainment.

Agree Taylor will beat VDV, but you can get VDV over6.5 180s at EVS with Hills, which I think has got a chance. Last night the 180s were flying in, I think at this stage of the tournament people will step up. Likewise, Bunting over9.5 180s is 9/10. You'd imagine that game will run for at least 7 sets, so every chance of the Bullet knocking a few maximums in.

The double works out at a 10dog returning £38. Now I'll sit back and watch everything I predicted go wrong...
  • Options
    I agree Big Bob can't really see Taylor not making the final now but I shall keep hoping but then if he does make it MVG will do the biz?!
  • Options
    Taylor should smash VDV, fully expect him to fold like wet cardboard, especially on the doubles.

As much as I like Barney, I'd like to see Bunting go through. Should be a good match that one.

In any sport can there be anyone that has been so successful and yet so universally disliked as Taylor?

• Options
    I admired Phil Taylor and his dominance of the sport up until he showed himself right up on stage with all that nonsense with Barney a couple of years ago (could have been last year?)

Still can't really question his professionalism and how much he has raised the bar, he doesn't come across fantastically well in interviews
  • Options
    I like Taylor, he's like a darts version of Alex Ferguson with a touch of Neil Warnock thrown in. Plays against all these youngsters showing loads of agression and 3 shot celebration, and just soaks it up and puts them in their place.
  • Options
    If you fancy Taylor this evening, get on the in play sets.
    Got Taylor at 6/4 in the first.
    Will carry on each set waiting on the price
  • Options
    Just to add, I will wait until I can get evens or better.
    This makes more sense than lumping all in on correct sets score.
  • Options
    Well done with the first set Robbo.Even though I've bet over 6.5 sets i think Taylor has got this 5-0!