Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welsh National 2014

13»

Comments

• Options
    cracking race at Leapordstown tomorrow, the Lexus Chase .. a bit of a rehearsal for the Cheltenham G C
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Bad luck Peanuts, you're still way in credit in my book.

I don't know a lot about racing but do you think the false start made any difference to the outcome.?

Cheers Chief,
    Don't think so but it would've given me a good excuse for one of them if he'd let them go ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

........... jockeys report that the ground is not so deep as was expected .. ......................

I know they had a standing start but the time of the WN was 8m7.6s; a staggering 11.8 seconds slower than the slowest of any of the last 4 WNs (Monbeg Dude's win 2 years ago).
    That's about 165 yards behind him!!
    Holy s~~t.....and they still went too fast for Summery Justice!!!
  • Options

cracking race at Leapordstown tomorrow, the Lexus Chase .. a bit of a rehearsal for the Cheltenham G C

Can't see Bobs Worth getting beat Lincs
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Jumping like a springer spaniel.

• Options

Well done Abs. Brilliant.

Surprised you discounted due to record. Remember a better record = more weight, though a 50% in the frame record isn't bad.
    Not the greatest jumper but a huge engine. Made one big mistake near the end but caught up the lost ground just.
    Flemensfirth Sire same as Tidal Bay. Only 7, will win the GN at some time in the future. ;-)

Got to feel for the dude, always seems to be given to much to do.
    Benvolio was the best horse in the race, jumped beautifully. Weight told in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Certainly a good pedigree - related to Our Vic - but I don't know about the GN, unless it came up soft. Chase record in the spring and on better than Soft isn't encouraging (94L / PU / PU).
    Great win today though no doubt and got to hand it to the trend-analyst Micko70 on olbg.com who had him as 2nd pick and to you of course.
    Nice one.
    That rise in the weights did for the Dude's winning chance (and probably a few others) - his 4th was pretty much "par".
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Fancy Road To Riches, Vautour did me in y'day. Almost cried at all the acca's I lost due to him, Would have been up 20+ grand. Nearly all my footie picks came in, but stupidly added Vautour to all my accas with conti and faugheen. Last time I do that. Mullins has had a nightmare xmas so will probably saddle the winner, just to spite me.

Only plus side is that Vautour will drift for Cheltenham but starting to think Mullins and larger obstacles don't fit.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Lord Windermere is in there ... so ... we will see .. Henderson's chasers have been a bit hit n miss lately
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Fancy Road To Riches, Vautour did me in y'day. Almost cried at all the acca's I lost due to him, Would have been up 20+ grand. Nearly all my footie picks came in, but stupidly added Vautour to all my accas with conti and faugheen. Last time I do that. Mullins has had a nightmare xmas so will probably saddle the winner, just to spite me.

Only plus side is that Vautour will drift for Cheltenham but starting to think Mullins and larger obstacles don't fit.
    You're sizzling Abs. Nice one...again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

smiffyboy said:

another winner !!!!!! well done AStan
  • Options
    Cheers lads, should be interesting contender in next years gold cup. Hope you weren't in to deep on Bobsworth Smifft. I'm certain his gold cup win did him in. Never the same horse since.