Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clarke Carlisle fighting for his life - EDIT page 4 found safe after he'd been missing

Comments

• Stay strong, Clarke.
  • Keep fighting Clarke. He is one of a rare breed, an intelligent footballer.
  • How sad...hope he pulls through.
  • i hope it was just an accident and wasn't anything else, considering Clarke's history of mental illness.

Stay strong and pull through, Clarke. The world needs more footballers like you.
  • Shit. Hope it isn't a result of his health issues.
    Pull through, Clarke.
  • Blimey, terrible
  • Awful

Good luck Clarke
  • Bloody hell. Good luck mate.
  • Anyone who watched his programme about footballers and depression couldn't fail to recognise that Clarke has had a lot to fight in his life. Let's hope he can win this battle too.
  • Horrible news, and the timing could hardly be worse for his family. Best wishes and fingers crossed that he comes through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus.

Fingers crossed he pulls through.
  • I remember seeing him play for Watford at Vicarage Road and thought he was a good player. Best wishes Clarke Carlisle.
  • Rumour has it it's not life threatening
  • Hope he's ok. One of the few ex professionals on radio that is good to listen to.
  • Blinking eck, cmon Clarke
  • Swisdom said:

Rumour has it it's not life threatening

Hope that's true, but the report says he was taken to Leeds hospital with life threatening injuries
  • Just seen this bbc reporting its not life threatening

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30583740
  • edited December 2014
    Just found this, the full documentary he did for BBC3 if anyone missed it I advise you watch it, probably one of the best and most emotional things I have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-DW65nn6g&app=desktop
  • Hope he pulls through. Poor wife and kids.
  • edited December 2014
    Mirror reporting he purposely threw himself in front of it. Hope that ain't true
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014
    cafc4life said:

Mirror reporting he purposely through himself in front of it. Hope that ain't true

I saw that on twitter earlier; I hope it's just the press putting 2 + 2 together and jumping to the (wrong) conclusion.

I know getting hit by a lorry isn't exactly brilliant at the best of times, but to think this could've been completely intentional is awful.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and gets all the support he needs, be it mentally or physically. My thoughts go out to his family at this time too, and it must be said, the lorry driver. I can't think of a worse Christmas for them.
  • He's always talked real sense on some of the tougher issues around the game. Particularly when working with kick it out he's never come across as a 'Sol Campbell' but instead has a more general altruistic viewpoint. A man with demons but seems to be trying to improve his career sport for others.

Lets hope he makes a full recovery.
  • I very rarely feel anything when I hear about people I have never met and will probably never meet being in a serious situation to the extent where it makes me feel sad, but I really really like Clarke Carlisle, I think that BBC3 documentary was fantastic, and a real eye opener with great insight into the mind of someone with depression.

I really hope he pulls through and I really hope it wasn't linked to mental illness...
  • wishing you a full speedy recovery, thoughts with your family.
  • Horrible time for him and his family, wish him.well and hope he makes a full recovery,
  • cafc4life said:

Mirror reporting he purposely threw himself in front of it. Hope that ain't true

I hope this isn't the case.

• The whole attempted suicide thing is all over Twitter and I really hope it's not. This man has his demons but it is hoped they were all in he past
  • 1 in 4 of us will have some form of depression in our lives.
    Most people won't self harm.
    Let's wait and see what comes out.
    I hope it's just an accident and there's a positive outcome.
    Get well soon clarke.
  • Terrible hope he pulls through .
  • Swisdom said:

The whole attempted suicide thing is all over Twitter and I really hope it's not. This man has his demons but it is hoped they were all in he past

BBC reporting that he was charged with drink driving days before the accident.