Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Rumours 2015 official (according to Paulie the Power) thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    To be fair, Boro are a much better side than us, so wouldn't read too much into that. Anything but Bikey and Buyens at the moment. The squad needs freshening up with new, hungry competition.
  • Options
    We 100% are in need of a centre back. Would he have played with dmitrovic for Serbia u21
  • Options

We 100% are in need of a centre back. Would he have played with dmitrovic for Serbia u21

Gives Bikey a wakeup call. Time to drop him and get Gomez in. Maybe Veljković can replace Buyens in midfield.
  • Options
    The average age of the squad gets younger, I know at least one poster on here who will be delighted.
  • Options
    Well, the older lot aren't doing it are they? It's the so called more experienced players that are massively letting us down at the moment. He's 19. The same age Poyet was when he was running the show most weeks and being voted our POTY by the fans.
  • Options
    I know he denied a move to us but why is 19yo Chelsea's Loftus-Cheek collecting his £20k per week without joining their legion of loans? Surely nowhere near 1st squad. Does he not want to play competitive football? Can Greenie Junior not tap him up?
  • Options

Gives Bikey a wakeup call. Time to drop him and get Gomez in. Maybe Veljković can replace Buyens in midfield.
    I need to be convinced that Gomez is strong enough in the air to play centre-back. At the moment I'm not seeing it but I remember Martin Crainie looking useless in the air at right-back and then in his one game at centre-back he attacked the ball and was ok.

Having two centre-backs (AB and TBH) that aren't especially strong in the air isn't helping either of them and teams know that we are vulnerable from set-pieces. If Bikey started to properly attack the ball, I'd be happy that a bit of work on the training ground to re-establish the defensive shape of the team, combined with a kick up the arse would set those two back on course.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Manchester United duo Andreas Pereira and Will Keane are set for Championship loan moves. Charlton and Wigan interested. #mufc #cafc

Keane is a forward and Pereira a Belgian / Brazilian midfielder. It doesn't look like we can expect any experienced Championship players this window.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Manchester United duo Andreas Pereira and Will Keane are set for Championship loan moves. Charlton and Wigan interested. #mufc #cafc

Keane is a CB and Pereira a Belgian / Brazilian midfielder. It doesn't look like we can expect any experienced Championship players this window.

Aged 22 and 19 respectively, just what we need with plenty of experience to cope with the demands of the Championship. Still what's new. :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These loan moves are going against the noises coming out of the club at the beginning of the season.

I seem to recall them saying they would not get loans as why pay to improve someone else's talent.

What has changed? Is it needs must? RD not wanting to spend on fee's?
  • Options
    Fit the bill perfectly. Inexperienced. I suspect cheap. If we are going to do that why not blood our own youngsters after all that's why we have an academy
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Fit the bill perfectly. Inexperienced. I suspect cheap. If we are going to do that why not blood our own youngsters after all that's why we have an academy

agree
  • Options
    What we need is a big target man, central midfielder and left sided midfielder. I feel that they should be experienced players, but they are not always available in the January transfer window.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

TBH asks for a move unconfirmed .....

Guy Luzon working his magic already then.
  • Options
    Confirmed unconfirmed.
  • Options
    Didn't somebody say that tbh was wanted by Celtic.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Any sign of this "big centre forward" you mentioned would be one of the "some" signings this week Col?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine we lose TBH after losing Morro and Dervite too....

We'd have lost our best keeper, CM, our midfield is non-existant and our strikers couldn't hit an elephants arse with a banjo. Watt's probably wandering what on earth he's signed up for, Bob didn't last long since he signed...
  • Options
    Hang on. The source of this rumour is Colin. Panic over.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

That's a different Tal Ben Haim. Although it looks like our Belgian cousins have beaten Celtic to it… http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/01/16/standard-liege-jump-ahead-of-celtic-for-israel-international-tal-ben-haim/183566/
  • Options

markmc68 said:

That's a different Tal Ben Haim. Although it looks like our Belgian cousins have beaten Celtic to it… http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/01/16/standard-liege-jump-ahead-of-celtic-for-israel-international-tal-ben-haim/183566/
    I wonder when he'll be shipped out to us, not straight away surely? I'll hazard a guess and say in the summer.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

On current form he needs one of these then:

• Options
    What? ANOTHER week of disappointment supporting Charlton. I thought rollercoasters went up as well as down...