Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's B*stard referee

Comments

• Options
    Doesnt he have some history against us? Was he the ref at Oldham a couple of years back?
  • Options
    I give you clattenburg in answer to your question
  • Options
    Cheating bedwetter. If he wasn't on the Cardiff payroll, he's missed out, as he did a fine job for them today.
  • Options
    On top of all the above, 4 minutes injury time tells us that neither he nor the 4th official saw anything wrong with the Cardiff time wasting antics, since there were I think 5 subs and several injuries in the second half.
  • Options

Doesnt he have some history against us? Was he the ref at Oldham a couple of years back?

Kettle
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    He's only got 1 thing right and that was the red card harriot is a idiot I had a great view of it from the west stand behind the away dugout
  • Options
    Love to know what we did to upset this fat tosser. He was incredibly incompetent and gave every 50/50 to them.

The grin on his face when Igor missed the chance at the end said it all.
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time a ref has been so poor, it did incite the crowd though and produce a good atmosphere that I believe was partial to the improved performance, Peeters' substitutions being another.
  • Options

One serious Question... Prior to the match I noticed he was the referee when we beat Norwich 1-0... For those who went (and remember) what was he like then?

I don't particularly remember, which probably means he had a decent game that day

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I noticed he chatted to Russell Slade before the kick off in his technical area and shook his hand and gave him a hug !!
    Poor all the match
  • Options
    The result and performance is never the Refs fault and I always begrudge being harsh against them overall, but there is no doubt that today he was utterly biased and totally pants. As said the only decision he got right was the sending off. Even for our free kick (after what should have been a red imo because there is no way the covering defender was going to get there before the shot) he marked out the 10yds for the wall, they stood half a yard closer and refused to move despite him telling them to, so he just walked off and left them where they chose to stand. Dreadful and didn't even have the decency to pretend to be fair.
  • Options
    All these insinuations of bribery are not justified - perhaps he is a local consultant

http://www.rappler.com/business/73465-berjaya-tan-corruption
  • Options
    He was giving debatable handbills all over the pitch then when their number 36 slides to block shot hits arm thus stopping shot going goal bound and he never gave it. He was shocking for both tea ms

Bang on with red card tho
  • Options
    As well as being a pompous incompetent, who was oblivious to Cardiff's blatant time wasting, this referee seemed to be labouring under the misapprehension that we'd all come along to watch him. That is never a happy starting point.
  • Options
    The smiling, joking, rubs on back when down 'injured' to Cardiff players was absurd. Seen some poor and inadequate displays by refs over the years, but not sure I've seen a ref spend so much close time with the opposition as today.
  • Options

Would probably be one of the harshest decisions ever given had the ref allowed the game to continue blockquote>

Did you ever watch France V Germany WC semi final ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTOnClKCJc )
    That was hash, didn't even get a card.

• Options
    I saw the ref in the car park after the game laughing and joking with one of Cardiff's coaching staff and shaking hands.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I don't think any referees are corrupt but the one today was impossibly incompetent. Harriott deserved to go off, the time wasting from Cardiff was embarrassing and generally he was bullied by the Cardiff staff and players. The amount of foul throws every game annoys the shit out of me but the performance around that one he ended up giving over to the opposition was a new one on me

The Ref should be asked to give his view on the game,and the Linesman and the 4th official, then we could maybe get a better understanding on how the game is becoming so inconsistent.
  • Options
    Mr Russell's performance today was laughably bad.

Almost as laughable as when Bikey managed to take us from the halfway line to the goal line with two skied hoofs in the space of 5 seconds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How much did Vincent Tan bribe that ref?

I sat in my seat in the North Stand thinking exactly this. The poorest ref performance I have seen in many a year.
  • Options
    Consistency is what we all want, appreciate all humans are different and can see or interpret things differently. But I cannot remember coming away from a game thinking more about the referee.

• Options
    Awful performance from the ref

The fact he managed to make an issue out of throw ins is itself a sign of a poor ref. I always believe the best refs and linesmen are ones who let play flow, get the decisions right and generally don't attract any kind of attention to themselves. Today's ref made a spotlight for himself before he even sent Harriott off.

I can understand not sending off the Cardiff player as there was another defender closing in on Tucudean as well but that's about all I can defend the ref on today. I watched him walk 10 yards from the resulting free kick but the wall were only forced back 9 yards instead of 10 and I know another poster has mentioned this already.

The Cardiff keeper i'm sorry but I had no sympathy for him, he went for the ball and went into the sponsor hoardings, everybody knew he was feigning injury. You don't stop play when a keeper comes charging out of his box and misses the ball and player so why should this incident have been any different? He knew exactly what he was doing and played the ref like a violin feigning injury.
  • Options
    I understand ref's make mistakes, but this bloke was honestly a shambles. He seemed to spend more time laughing at the game than actually making decisions. He was like a dad of one of the cardiff players who stepped in to ref as a favour. Worst I've ever seen a ref, I hope the fa look into this disgrace of an official.
  • Options
    Todays Fixture against Cardiff was a Gold game, shame the ref didn't match the same standard.
  • Options
    Clem_Snide Member said
    5:22PM
    Said it already, but literally the only thing he did right was send Harriott off.

The right decision would have been a yellow card. Craig Noone rolled over and over
    feigning injury, rolled down his sock for the ref to see (nothing there).
    Then proceeded to sprint around because nothing had happpened.
    Cheating bastards! Worst ref that I've ever seen at the Valley.
    Cardiff players surrounding the ref didn't help.
    Noone even came out during half time sprinting round
    probably to wind the crowd up!
    This ref was so bad poor bloke next to me got cautioned by a Steward for swearing.
    Ref could have given him a heart attack!
  • Options
    I rarely, if ever, criticise a Referee but today I found myself cursing and shouting at Russell who I thought was completely useless. You often hear 'You're not fit to be a Ref' being chanted at matches and this is invariably a wind up - today was the exception Russell was absolute shite.
    Having said that a great 2nd half performance from the boys managed to send me home smiling although still a little angry with the ref who, if this is typical of his performances (two yellows for the same Massives' player in 2012 suggests it might be) then in my opinion he should be struck off the Championship list.
    An utter clown.
  • Options
    redman said:

One serious Question... Prior to the match I noticed he was the referee when we beat Norwich 1-0... For those who went (and remember) what was he like then?

I don't particularly remember, which probably means he had a decent game that day

Probably an ego thing.

At Norwich, he disallowed their 'goal' when Henderson was pushed, and missed Bikey throwing a couple of slaps at Cameron Jerome early on. The Norwich fans really got on his back (as did a couple of their players), and from then on we seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on all decisions, including most importantly the Bikey handball in the second half.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

redman said:

Probably an ego thing.

At Norwich, he disallowed their 'goal' when Henderson was pushed, and missed Bikey throwing a couple of slaps at Cameron Jerome early on. The Norwich fans really got on his back (as did a couple of their players), and from then on we seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on all decisions, including most importantly the Bikey handball in the second half.
    Maybe he was evening it up on purpose.