Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's B*stard referee

1235»

Comments

• Bob Peeters is 40 years old.
    Think JJ might take offence at your comment?
    You are missing so much - we have brought in good players.
    My mate at Ipswich Town commented only last week how much better a side we are than 12 months ago.
    We have made progress - only 4 games lost all season - fully agree we need to win more but even the mighty Stuart Pearce is struggling for wins at Forest - the Championship this season is full of teams of a very similar standard and CAFC are right in the mix.
    Peeters was not hired because he was cheap - why would RD get rid of Riga and replace him the way he did?
    I really despair at your negativism - each to their own but try having your cup half full rather than half empty.
    Were you at the game yesterday? Did you witness the excitement generated by our second half performance?

Viewfinder
    Palace fan me thinks.

Hartleypete, I realise one decent half doesn't solve the recent form issues and I, like you, have been very frustrated by the lack of wins.

I am spending more time on Twitter and have recently messaged several CAFC players, asking them to please be more adventurous going forward and have a go at the opposition more often. Strangely enough I got no replies but I said my bit - in a positive way - no slagging.
    My point is that this squad can do better, they do have some quality throughout but haven't tried to win games enough.

Against Cardiff they showed us what they're capable of when rattled - what we need is to see the same passion from the start of as many games as possible. A couple of new additions in January, get more out of George and things should get better - Bob will hopefully get the confidence to have a set up to win games.

My biggest issue is our lack of movement, our support play and lack of penetration going forward caused by the lack of movement and support. Our inability to move the ball quicker because of these factors.
    I have expressed these views to the players - better movement, quicker ball, better support from the increased movement and the wins will come.

I don't know if the problems are created by Bob being too safe or by the players not being fired up enough. Either way, they showed the fans they can do what's needed in the second half vs Cardiff - and it took 10 men and some atrocious refereeing to get them really fired up to go for it.

• edited December 2014
    The ref was one of the the biggest W.U.M's I've ever come across!
  • I think that is has been made clear that the majority here think that something was amiss with the refereeing.

However, perhaps Mr. Russell did us a favourite? He so antagonized the crowd, that the fans had the place jumping. Which probably gee'd up the players, which meant we were unlucky not to win!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Viewfinder is a WUM. Nothing special, there's plenty of them about

How did you know I'm a WUM, Taxi-Lad? My cover is blown.

We have a manager who is younger than his captain - that's a bit odd, when Peeters' playing career consists of three seasons' failure at Millwall. And his managerial credentials are the Belgian equivalent of Welling, or Dartford. Even he won't complain about the ref - it's: "We played the best all season..."

Duchatelet hired him because he is cheap, on a one-year contract. We haven't won in ten games. Set your sights higher; We, the fans, expect nothing less. Appoint a good manager and buy good players.

Then - possibly - you won't think the referee denied us.

Peeters had a mini-rant about the ref in the post-match press conference. I was there.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Viewfinder is a WUM. Nothing special, there's plenty of them about

How did you know I'm a WUM, Taxi-Lad? My cover is blown.

We have a manager who is younger than his captain - that's a bit odd, when Peeters' playing career consists of three seasons' failure at Millwall. And his managerial credentials are the Belgian equivalent of Welling, or Dartford. Even he won't complain about the ref - it's: "We played the best all season..."

Duchatelet hired him because he is cheap, on a one-year contract. We haven't won in ten games. Set your sights higher; We, the fans, expect nothing less. Appoint a good manager and buy good players.

Then - possibly - you won't think the referee denied us.

I think we should have got Jürgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola (might be abit young at 43) or may be that manager Chelsea keep having might fancy a stint down here.
    Actually why dont you throw your hat in the ring?
  • cafc999 said:

No one has blamed the ref for Igor's miss viewfinder. I have also noticed how you have ignored all of the other comments about throw ins, handballs, stealing yards etc, etc.

It's existential fact: we haven't won for ten games, and can't score. One of the many reasons is this: We have a manager who is far too young and inexperienced to make a tilt at the Prem: he plays one up front at home. I would sack him, now.

And continues to ignore the other ( accurate ) comments. I think he must be an MP.
  • Not sure who's the biggest ****. The ref or Viewfinder.
  • Used to be a poster on the BBC forums called Noodles or something who would call for Pulis to replace Curbs. I wonder.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2014
    Leuth said:

Used to be a poster on the BBC forums called Noodles or something who would call for Pulis to replace Curbs. I wonder.

Seem to recall @harveysgardener reckons he was banned as 'Royston Vasey' on ITTV because of his negativity and wasn't Reams favourite person.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1936360#Comment_1936360
  • Is harveys gardener Eddie Firmani on not606?
  • RedChaser said:

Leuth said:

Used to be a poster on the BBC forums called Noodles or something who would call for Pulis to replace Curbs. I wonder.

Seem to recall @harveysgardener reckons he was banned as 'Royston Vasey' on ITTV because of his negativity and wasn't Reams favourite person.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1936360#Comment_1936360
    What did he do? Have a different opinion to Reams?
  • People seem to talk a lot about Reams and Ketts - are they one and the same?
  • He was only 4th official at Reading v Norwich today.
  • Who? Reams or Ketts?

Not as far as I know.
  • Not going to read all the comments- and i'm sure its been mentioned about their handball when George turned and had a shot when he could of squared to JBG.
    Was a stonewaller imo. How the ref missed it, absolute disgrace
  • edited December 2014
    purdis said:

Bob Peeters is 40 years old.
    My mate at Ipswich Town commented only last week how much better a side we are than 12 months ago.
    We have made progress - only 4 games lost all season - fully agree we need to win more but even the mighty Stuart Pearce is struggling for wins at Forest - the Championship this season is full of teams of a very similar standard and CAFC are right in the mix.
    Peeters was not hired because he was cheap - why would RD get rid of Riga and replace him the way he did?
    I really despair at your negativism - each to their own but try having your cup half full rather than half empty.
    Were you at the game yesterday? Did you witness the excitement generated by our second half performance?

Viewfinder
    Palace fan me thinks.

Hartleypete, I realise one decent half doesn't solve the recent form issues and I, like you, have been very frustrated by the lack of wins.

I am spending more time on Twitter and have recently messaged several CAFC players, asking them to please be more adventurous going forward and have a go at the opposition more often. Strangely enough I got no replies but I said my bit - in a positive way - no slagging.
    My point is that this squad can do better, they do have some quality throughout but haven't tried to win games enough.

Against Cardiff they showed us what they're capable of when rattled - what we need is to see the same passion from the start of as many games as possible. A couple of new additions in January, get more out of George and things should get better - Bob will hopefully get the confidence to have a set up to win games.

My biggest issue is our lack of movement, our support play and lack of penetration going forward caused by the lack of movement and support. Our inability to move the ball quicker because of these factors.
    I have expressed these views to the players - better movement, quicker ball, better support from the increased movement and the wins will come.

I don't know if the problems are created by Bob being too safe or by the players not being fired up enough. Either way, they showed the fans they can do what's needed in the second half vs Cardiff - and it took 10 men and some atrocious refereeing to get them really fired up to go for it.

I bet the players love you! As much as what you say is correct, I am not too sure how much a Twitter pep-talk will work
  • I'm not surprised referees are as bad as they are today. There's a shortage of qualified refs throughout football at all levels. Why on earth anyone would give up their Saturday or Sunday morning to get dog's abuse from shite footballers and their merry band of foul-mouthed supporters?! Fewer referees to choose from so the duff ones have to get promoted up the leagues
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

I'm not surprised referees are as bad as they are today. There's a shortage of qualified refs throughout football at all levels. Why on earth anyone would give up their Saturday or Sunday morning to get dog's abuse from shite footballers and their merry band of foul-mouthed supporters?! Fewer referees to choose from so the duff ones have to get promoted up the leagues

Just had a look into this. Only PL refs are contracted and get a salary, yet if you want to ref any FL game you need to be a Level 1 ref. The PL probably poaches all the decent refs and the FL72 gets the leftovers then promotes those who aren't good enough just to meet requirements. We all know Stevie Wonder could be a Level 1 ref if Mick Russell somehow meets the requirements. The fact that he's still Level 1 despite giving a player two yellows without sending them off just shows what a poor state this country's reffing is in. At the very least, the top 4 divisions ought to have fully professional contracted referees with a guaranteed salary to encourage more people to get in and to get trained and, where appropriate, a ref's ombudsman to suspend or demote refs who show willful incompetence or are just not up to the job, such as Mick Russell. He shouldn't ref a single game above Sunday league given his recent performances.

Not as far as I know.
    Ketts would be mortified that anyone thinks he and Reams are the same. I can guarantee that they are not the same.
  • Fiiish said:

Missed It said:

I'm not surprised referees are as bad as they are today. There's a shortage of qualified refs throughout football at all levels. Why on earth anyone would give up their Saturday or Sunday morning to get dog's abuse from shite footballers and their merry band of foul-mouthed supporters?! Fewer referees to choose from so the duff ones have to get promoted up the leagues

Just had a look into this. Only PL refs are contracted and get a salary, yet if you want to ref any FL game you need to be a Level 1 ref. The PL probably poaches all the decent refs and the FL72 gets the leftovers then promotes those who aren't good enough just to meet requirements. We all know Stevie Wonder could be a Level 1 ref if Mick Russell somehow meets the requirements. The fact that he's still Level 1 despite giving a player two yellows without sending them off just shows what a poor state this country's reffing is in. At the very least, the top 4 divisions ought to have fully professional contracted referees with a guaranteed salary to encourage more people to get in and to get trained and, where appropriate, a ref's ombudsman to suspend or demote refs who show willful incompetence or are just not up to the job, such as Mick Russell. He shouldn't ref a single game above Sunday league given his recent performances.
    Just to extend this theme, referees are the oldest on the pitch, least fit (since they are outside the Prem not professional and I doubt they have the level of sports science support even lower league professionals have) and have probably the worst view of the game, being on the pitch. It is a lot easier for us in the stands to see what is going on. I don't know what the answer is but refereeing of the game has not kept pace with the increased fitness and pace of the game and that is another contributory factor to the poor refereeing performances that we see, although it does not account for the performance the other day.

As a side not to Saturdays perfromance, what are the rules on a foul throw. When the referee turned over TBH's throwin form the wrong place the opposition were allowed to take it from where TBH had taken it and we were all incensed. I noticed in the Spurs Man U game yesterday, exactly the same thing happened and the referee allowed them to take it from the same place as well, so are we wrong, is the re thrwo taken from the place where the foul throw was taken?
  • The only solution I could work out as to how he was a ref, was that Jimmy fixed it for him and the fa have forgot to tell him it was a one off! I'm usually the first to defend a ref, but he was piss poor, not seen as bad a ref since the tea kettle decided not to send Blizzard off for trying to remove Basey's leg
  • edited December 2014

purdis said:

Bob Peeters is 40 years old.

Viewfinder
    Palace fan me thinks.

I bet the players love you! As much as what you say is correct, I am not too sure how much a Twitter pep-talk will work

To be Franck - agree 100% and I don't make a habit of it but I did deliver my views in as positive way as poss and none of them blocked me so they maybe binned my comments or took them in the manner they were delivered - in a positive light.
    Either way, how often do they actually get constructive comments from outside the club and Coaching staff?

I'd like to think the supporters should have the occasional dialogue with the players of the team they love and have loved since being 8 years old.

Let's hope we get the same passion from the lads tomorrow night at Portman Road as we did 2nd half on Friday at The Valley.
    As my lad said when I asked him if we can get a win, "Depends if they turn up on the night."

Living in Suffolk and knowing how cold the easterly's can be and get right up one's kilt, I strongly recommend thermal vest and Long John's for any travelling CAFC fans.

COYR!
  • We have had the best Ref i have seen down the valley in years......
    That was the guy who did the Ipswich match.
    On Friday,the worst,
    The only good thing was he got the crowd on their feet and making a noise.
  • Yeah that Ipswich Ref was good - a breath of fresh air.