Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today's B*stard referee

Comments

• Totally agree,Ref was very poor,I would just like to add that over the seasons (and especially yesterday) from where I sit in the lower west near the away bench,I have often noticed the away team`s Manager/coaches getting in to the Asst Ref`s ear,when their team is attacking the away end! Yesterday was shocking and when they were not abusing him, they were laughing and joking with him. I think its about time we had the away end dugout! (not for the moment would I suggest for us to influence,but to stop others trying to.)
  • Killer Hales and Mike Flanagan were always intelligent, quick, tough and ruthless. Now you admire Callum Harriott and Joe Pigott - and when they are given the slightest nudge you scream: "FOUL!".

We have the wrong manager - and the most proud, conceited, deluded supporters.

Sorted that for you.

We live in different times.

Unfortunately you appear to have "lived" a little too much in the 70s and have subsequently fried your brain.

Of course the other explanation is that you are an attention seeker who posts the polar opposite of how the majority see things to get a reaction.
    I still admire your intelligence, Clem.

OK: let's have it your way: the ref yesterday was corrupted. By who? Vincent Tan? Cardiff as a city? The valleys beyond?

Did Vetokele sky it because he had a bet that he could hit a particular seat in Row Z?

We lack the most basic footballing skills - and you are proud of them all.

• Viewfinder, I can agree with the red card against one of our players, I can even (just about) agree with the non red card to their defender when hey brought down George when clean through. But can you honestly say that the ref was fair with the constant time wasting, yard stealing from throw ins, foul throws and the inconsistent handballs that went against all match? Lets not forget Solly's yellow card either.

It is not often that practically the whole ground is in unison in voicing there disapproval of the ref.

The ref was not corrupt, he was just awful. In fact, if you was as bad in your job as he was on Boxing day then I am sure you would be sacked quite quickly.
  • edited December 2014

Viewfinder- I don't think anyone on here has blamed the ref for Igor's miss. I don't understand why you're confusing the 2 issues.

The skill sets of our players, whether good or bad, has nothing to do with this thread.

I never blame refs for results but in 40 years I can't remember a more blatantly obvious bias towards one team than yesterday.

Still, I guess it's always fun to ignore the obvious and have a different opinion to the vast majority.

Where does this "blatantly obvious bias" idea about referees come from? I'm curious: Is it brown envelopes between Vincent Tan and Roland Duchatelet? This isn't Italy, however much you fantasise.

Mr Dugdale - When I see you miss a stark, staring open goal while pissing about with the dog in a municipal park, I'll know what to think:

It's the referee's fault.

• As Chris Kamara would say, " Unbelievable Jeff ". Defending a ref like yesterday's one.
  • edited December 2014
    The number of times Cousins was pushed hard in the back by that full-back while trying to win a header (right in front of the ref) and nothing was given was ridiculous. Whereas when one of ours did something far less blatant and he'd blow immediately.
  • Had we cleared the ball off the line and straight into the keeper's arm, like yesterday, he would have given a free kick for a back pass.

Had it been one of their players making the same challenge that Callum made it would have been just a yellow and had one our players made the holdback that was made on George it would have been a red.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some awesome paranoia in this thread
  • edited December 2014
    Viewfinder is.

Choose as many of the following as you think fits;

1) just looking for an argument
    2) due a visit to spec savers
    3) a referee
    4) an egg chaser
  • No one has blamed the ref for Igor's miss viewfinder. I have also noticed how you have ignored all of the other comments about throw ins, handballs, stealing yards etc, etc.
  • edited December 2014

Viewfinder is.

Choose as many of the following as you think fits;

1) just looking for an arguement
    2) due a visit to spec savers
    3) a referee
    4) an egg chaser

'Hartleypete':

1) It's 'argument', not 'arguement'.

Grow up, learn something, and understand. Come back to me when you can spell the name of the thing you admire.

Love from Viewfinder

• Viewfinder - I don't know that answer. I do know that I, along with most others, noticed some very odd refereeing yesterday.

Once again, as you don't seem to be getting the point - NO-ONE IS BLAMING IGOR's MISS ON THE REF.
  • Viewfinder only see's the things that viewfinder wants to see (a bit like yesterday's ref)
  • cafc999 said:

No one has blamed the ref for Igor's miss viewfinder. I have also noticed how you have ignored all of the other comments about throw ins, handballs, stealing yards etc, etc.

It's existential fact: we haven't won for ten games, and can't score. One of the many reasons is this: We have a manager who is far too young and inexperienced to make a tilt at the Prem: he plays one up front at home. I would sack him, now.

• cafc999 said:

No one has blamed the ref for Igor's miss viewfinder. I have also noticed how you have ignored all of the other comments about throw ins, handballs, stealing yards etc, etc.

It's existential fact: we haven't won for ten games, and can't score. One of the many reasons is this: We have a manager who is far too young and inexperienced to make a tilt at the Prem: he plays one up front at home. I would sack him, now.

But this thread is about the ref viewfinder. You have made some points about the ref that most of us have laughed at yet you fail to back them up. Now you are on about no win in ten and sack the manager now!

How bizarre
  • Well done viewfinder
  • Viewfinder is a WUM. Nothing special, there's plenty of them about
  • Sponsored links:

• http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3177218/PrintPost.aspx
    This sounds familiar!
    Possibly the worst example of refereeing I have ever witnessed at The Valley.
    He was right not to send off the Cardiff defender, though!
  • cafc999 said:

You're all right. He is an attention seeking wind up merchant.

Disappointed I had a bite now. Should have just left him to it.
  • edited December 2014
    I thought the funniest/most infuriating moment was when he gave Cardiff the throw in because we advanced too far. Whether giving it to Cardiff was right or wrong doesn't matter. What was bemusing was that he let them take it in the exact same place where we had advanced to! Yes we advanced too far, but if you're going to give the throw to them because we advanced too far, surely the throw should be taken where the referee wanted it to be taken in the first place since this was what he was penalising US for. Most consistently sh*t refereeing performance I have ever seen.

• edited December 2014
    Taxi_Lad said:

Viewfinder is a WUM. Nothing special, there's plenty of them about

How did you know I'm a WUM, Taxi-Lad? My cover is blown.

We have a manager who is younger than his captain - that's a bit odd, when Peeters' playing career consists of three seasons' failure at Millwall. And his managerial credentials are the Belgian equivalent of Welling, or Dartford. Even he won't complain about the ref - it's: "We played the best all season..."

Duchatelet hired him because he is cheap, on a one-year contract. We haven't won in ten games. Set your sights higher; We, the fans, expect nothing less. Appoint a good manager and buy good players.

Then - possibly - you won't think the referee denied us.

• I don't think anyone is saying the referee is to blame for us not winning. Harriott making a stupid, cowards tackle didn't help nor did or lack of cutting edge but that's why we draw more than we win.

The referee dominated the game, that's bad. The best referees are the ones you don't notice the one yesterday had a howler. Again I don't think any referee's are corrupt, some are incompetent and the guy yesterday was grossly incompetent
  • Taxi_Lad said:

We have a manager who is younger than his captain - that's a bit odd, when Peeters' playing career consists of three seasons' failure at Millwall. And his managerial credentials are the Belgian equivalent of Welling, or Dartford. Even he won't complain about the ref - it's: "We played the best all season..."

Duchatelet hired him because he is cheap, on a one-year contract. We haven't won in ten games. Set your sights higher; We, the fans, expect nothing less. Appoint a good manager and buy good players.

Bob Peeters is 40 years old.
    Think JJ might take offence at your comment?
    You are missing so much - we have brought in good players.
    My mate at Ipswich Town commented only last week how much better a side we are than 12 months ago.
    We have made progress - only 4 games lost all season - fully agree we need to win more but even the mighty Stuart Pearce is struggling for wins at Forest - the Championship this season is full of teams of a very similar standard and CAFC are right in the mix.
    Peeters was not hired because he was cheap - why would RD get rid of Riga and replace him the way he did?
    I really despair at your negativism - each to their own but try having your cup half full rather than half empty.
    Were you at the game yesterday? Did you witness the excitement generated by our second half performance?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

You can expect Peeters not to complain about the ref and to say "we played the best all season". Firstly he has to be careful about criticizing match officials and secondly he's going to put positive spin on it in the same way many other managers do. Read the official site, Twitter and FaceBook posts and you'll find them putting a similar spin on their announcements.

I think most of us on this forum and in The Valley do set our sights higher. We're just realistic that given the anorexic state of our squad any manager is going to struggle to get great performances. I get the impression from what I read on this forum that many of us think that Peeters is a good manager and know full well (as he no doubt does) that we need investment in the playing squad.
    Sure we'd all like someone as successful as Fergie as a manager and a big squad rammed with Premiership potential - but that isn't RD's long game and just isn't going to happen any time soon.

As to the opinion of the ref - you're almost in a minority of one in your point of view. Given that many of us were there, saw the ref and pretty much agree that he was one of the worst we have seen in a long time then sorry, but you seem to be going very much against the tide of considered opinion.
  • edited December 2014
    Viewfinder said:
    » show previous quotes

Bob Peeters is 40 years old.
    Think JJ might take offence at your comment?
    You are missing so much - we have brought in good players.
    My mate at Ipswich Town commented only last week how much better a side we are than 12 months ago.
    We have made progress - only 4 games lost all season - fully agree we need to win more but even the mighty Stuart Pearce is struggling for wins at Forest - the Championship this season is full of teams of a very similar standard and CAFC are right in the mix.
    Peeters was not hired because he was cheap - why would RD get rid of Riga and replace him the way he did?
    I really despair at your negativism - each to their own but try having your cup half full rather than half empty.
    Were you at the game yesterday? Did you witness the excitement generated by our second half performance?

Viewfinder
    Palace fan me thinks.
  • Wasn't at the game but on the brief highlight video thought GT was bearing away slightly from the goal and there were defenders about and a yellow was right
    Also they showed a clip when Cardiff had a free kick and punted the ball in to the area and Bikey and a Cardiff player were wrestling each other and the decision (rightfully) went our , way when if he was dodgey he may have given the visitors a penalty
  • Taxi_Lad said:

He played in the top flight in Belgium and Holland and was capped by his country, not exactly an amateur. Not that his playing career should matter, as there are plenty of top managers around who never made the grade as a player. Also I must've missed the period when Welling and Dartford played in the top flight of English football.