Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not happy with Peeters at the moment

Comments

• Options
    Our season has just got gradually worse and worse. I think he is a decent manager but needs to find his best formation, not complicate things and get some reinforcements to add to a thin squad. We can't be fickle because everyone was singing his praises not so long ago
  • Options

The problem wasn't tonight - it was the failure to beat Blackpool and Millwall which has taken us down from 1.5 points per game to 1 point per game in the last 12. Winning those would have us in a comfortable position with the slide arrested.
    Posted on the post match thread that something has to change...
    Wiggins, Watt, Ajdarevic (?) Coquelin are all possible additions but it's fairly obvious that Tucudean as second striker is not working.

If we don't win soon then it's clear to me that M.Duchatelet will act - he's put in £20m+ to acquire and fund CAFC and that isn't to watch us drift into the bottom six again. Five points clear of Rotherham (19th) and we need to maintain that distance.

Always fun at Charlton and at least it's the distraction of the FA cup on Saturday.

I think thats because Tucudean is a out and out striker if you ask me!
  • Options

Can tell you for a fact Jacko isn't happy with how things are going. Keep being taken off at 60 minutes is p*ssing him off. Add to that this poxy Zonal Marking which none of the team like.

Very interesting mate, is Jacko saying this on Twitter?
  • Options

Can tell you for a fact Jacko isn't happy with how things are going. Keep being taken off at 60 minutes is p*ssing him off. Add to that this poxy Zonal Marking which none of the team like.

Wow. I did have a little think to myself that he didn't look happy with the way that he slumped back into his seat and folded his arms when subbed tonight.
  • Options

I'm all for giving criticism to managers when they do something strange (CP and his round pegs and square holes) but when you look at tonight when we enjoyed good possession but lack quality in the final third then I don't think it's BPs fault. When our only attacking option when chasing a game is Bulot, then the blokes up against it.

Lol. And Powell had a beautifully strong squad to choose from!? If you're accusing CP of round pegs and square holes then you are being blinded by the light (and very contradictory) when it comes to all post-RD. Bob has been doing the exact same things in a very similar position, AKA lack of competent striking options.

The problems we are facing are more down to the lack of strength in the squad than Bob's incompetence, but he's certainly flapping about trying to fix it this last 6 or so games and it looks somewhat amateur.
    Ermmm sorry to mention the holy one in such bad light, I do apologise. I never said CP had a big squad, but there were several times last season when he made some very questionable positional selections when he had players available to him.
  • Options
    Bob deserves more backing from Roland then we can fully judge him IMO, i just hope it is not a repeat on last seasons January transfer window, Roland needs to win the fans back by showing a little ambition to atleast secure a top half finish with the injection of some hopefully proven quality to our squad this coming month.
  • Options

I think the comments on here about how we've been found out are accurate. When teams weren't prepared for us we attacked quickly and efficiently but after teams started pressuring Buyens from the goal kick and giving us hell on the ball we collapsed and started relying on Igor's goals and large amounts of luck. Once both of those dried up our shortcomings became clear and teams have started punishing us. Our inability to kill games has started hovering over us and there are some games we would have seen out in previous years that we can't now which is really frustrating. It's not a lot of fun to watch and Bob's lack of tactical nous is quite irritating but we're still doing ok. We're not in the drop zone and if we thieve a few more wins in the next two months we'll look much better. Hopefully we'll get some investment in January that will give us the chance to see what Bob can do with a proper squad at his disposal. Then we'll know one way or the other.

Great post spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm all for giving criticism to managers when they do something strange (CP and his round pegs and square holes) but when you look at tonight when we enjoyed good possession but lack quality in the final third then I don't think it's BPs fault. When our only attacking option when chasing a game is Bulot, then the blokes up against it.

Lol. And Powell had a beautifully strong squad to choose from!? If you're accusing CP of round pegs and square holes then you are being blinded by the light (and very contradictory) when it comes to all post-RD. Bob has been doing the exact same things in a very similar position, AKA lack of competent striking options.

The problems we are facing are more down to the lack of strength in the squad than Bob's incompetence, but he's certainly flapping about trying to fix it this last 6 or so games and it looks somewhat amateur.
    Ermmm sorry to mention the holy one in such bad light, I do apologise. I never said CP had a big squad, but there were several times last season when he made some very questionable positional selections when he had players available to him.
    What do you think about Solly in midfield, Harriott uptop, Cousins all over the park? You are quick to back up Bob and quick to shoot down to CP, but your substance is contradictory imo. CP is no more 'round pegs and square holes' than BP .

FWIW I am no HUGE Powell fan as a manager, in this league I'd prefer to give Riga some time, I like his way of thinking. So rather than striking on me for viewing CP as a God, why is BP not allowed to be slated in the same way you are CP?
  • Options

What do you think about Solly in midfield, Harriott uptop, Cousins all over the park? You are quick to back up Bob and quick to shoot down to CP, but your substance is contradictory imo. CP is no more 'round pegs and square holes' than BP .

FWIW I am no HUGE Powell fan as a manager, in this league I'd prefer to give Riga some time, I like his way of thinking. So rather than striking on me for viewing CP as a God, why is BP not allowed to be slated in the same way you are CP?
    Tell me where I've said BP is beyond criticism????

What I said was that after watching tonight's game it's difficult to dig him out when we didn't actually play that poorly (we enjoyed spells of good possession) but are so toothless in the final third and the only option from the bench is Bulot.

I defended CP when he was our manager quite a lot and I criticised him occasionally when I felt necessary. I will do the same with BP.

I simply mentioned Powell's square pegs round holes as it was his main criticism when in charge. If you think I'm quick to shoot down CP then You've got the wrong man.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Still support Bob but would like to see JBG or Callum on left, Wilson or Bulot or Moussa on right and Wiggins back. Transfers - target man, Coq, Conte or similar, young but experienced CB and back up to Igor needed. Perhaps LB loan.
  • Options
    Good call AFKA.

I was at Norwich, but listened to tonight game on the radio.
    It sounded like we played better tonight than at Norwich.
    up there we had 1 chance and scored.
    At ipswich, maybe 5 and scored none.
    Plus we never look like keeping a clean sheet now.

I hope Bob is Backed in Jan,
    CP stood up to RD and was sacked(we were 24th at the time)
    Riga kept us up but didn't play the network players(no new contract for him)
    Bob is trying to carry out his remit of us being about we are now without spending too
    much of Roland's Money so he get's a new contract for the next couple of seasons.

We need a tunnel jump soon or being a results business someone could be for the high jump.

We really don't need to be a club who have 4 different managers/coaches in less than a year.

• Options
    Not been convinced, even in the early part of the season when we were unbeaten and found it strange how some were hanging on his every word and thinking he was the new messiah and moaning as to why Roland had only given him a 1yr deal.

People can come up with all the excuses about not having a big enough squad, but surely that's an issue he should have addressed in the summer, instead of rolling it out as a plausible excuse every week.

Yeah, I know he's only head coach and recruitment isn't down to him directly, but if I were in his position, for the sake of my reputation & career, I'd insist on being given the tools for the job.

I'm not in the "sack Bob" camp, but I'm certainly not impressed by what I've seen so far.
    If he was to get sacked? my reaction would probably be the same as his at every press conference, shrug of the shoulders and stick my bottom lip out...........
  • Options
    Although not happy with recent results I am still positive about things at the moment. We have a thin squad filled with youngsters and numerous players unfamiliar with this league and what a season in the Championship entails. A number of players such as Bulot, Tucadean, Gomez, Igor etc will benefit from the experience and push on next season in my opinion. A couple of lengthy injuries havnt helped recently and players we hoped would provide decent enough cover have not performed as hoped meaning others being tried in unfamiliar positions and those experiments maybe not working out. Our good start raised expectations unrealistically. Only now are questions being asked of our zonal marking which has stood us in good stead so far.

BP is relatively inexperienced but so far has done ok. He deserves a chance to improve the squad in January and then be assessed at the end of the season. We are two or three players off being a play off contending side and with everyone fit there is no reason why we can't still have a more than decent season.
  • Options

All a bit reactionary to me. We are on a bad run. 90% of clubs have a bad run. That's the joy of football because the same bunch can equally then go on a good run.

I wasn't a huge fan of Peeters when appointed, I wasn't fully won other when we had a great start, but I equally won't turn now we are in a sticky patch. Unless he has fallen out with the majority of the squad, which I've seen or heard no evidence of, the. We are nothing that one win won't sort out.

But we, and he, need that win soon

I think that after the turbulence of Jiminez / Slater (post Cash) coupled with the first three months of M.Duchatelet, the majority of posters are taking a very mature view... And by no means reactionary.

This isn't a "sticky patch", this is 13 games with a poor return - that's over a quarter of the season.

We know that October was hit by injury and suspension revealing just how thin the squad is plus we were caught by a Fulham revival once they sacked that loser....but November and December points yield is terrible.

For sure it's all about thin margins, the width of a post etc. but a high performance sports set up thrives on confidence - without a win the pressure will build and build.

So I totally agree we need a win asap and this adds excitement to the cup (no pressure) and an edge to the Brighton game - who announced tonight they will have a new manager in the next few days.

Who said mid-table was boring?!
  • Options
    Why can't a manager be given time to build? We're drawing a lot of games but last season they would have been losses. Curbs didn't get us to the premier league in half a season, we just need stability for a few seasons & if that's the top half of the championship each season I'll be happy with that. I don't want to be one of those clubs that have two managers a year it doesn't work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still support Bob but would like to see JBG or Callum on left, Wilson or Bulot or Moussa on right and Wiggins back. Transfers - target man, Coq, Conte or similar, young but experienced CB and back up to Igor needed. Perhaps LB loan.

Michael Morrison then...
  • Options
    I have been a fan of Peeters but quotes like this one worry me: "They have six good headers of the ball and you can’t do anything about it when you only have two or three."
  • Options
    He needs help in the transfer market to get players in who will help us create and take more chances, but he needs to sort out our bloody defending of set pieces.

Even the poorest teams can at least be organised defending corners and free kicks. It's fast becoming an Achilles heel and the buck stops with the coaching staff to sort that out. Don't know whether it's zonal marking period, or just poorly executed zonal marking that is to blame but it needs sorting pronto.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

The problem wasn't tonight - it was the failure to beat Blackpool and Millwall which has taken us down from 1.5 points per game to 1 point per game in the last 12. Winning those would have us in a comfortable position with the slide arrested.
    Posted on the post match thread that something has to change...
    Wiggins, Watt, Ajdarevic (?) Coquelin are all possible additions but it's fairly obvious that Tucudean as second striker is not working.

If we don't win soon then it's clear to me that M.Duchatelet will act - he's put in £20m+ to acquire and fund CAFC and that isn't to watch us drift into the bottom six again. Five points clear of Rotherham (19th) and we need to maintain that distance.

Always fun at Charlton and at least it's the distraction of the FA cup on Saturday.

I think thats because Tucudean is a out and out striker if you ask me!
    Ask Millwall.
  • Options

I'd have to agree with this, the squad is exceptionally thin and has been reflected in performances. Players playing out of position, players out injured and lack of additional depth. We could easily be pulled in to a relegation scrap.

However I would be surprised if this isn't on RDs radar. I expect to see two or three additions to the squad in January.