Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So the other big story over the weekend...

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    the fact that she is my age, has no kids and seemingly very little baggage seems too good to be true.

There is a word for it my friend and that word is lesbian.

PMSFL

even more reason to get her mate a 3 up would be on the cards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

....... and of course it's all a bit of fun but I enjoy getting on my high horse sometimes. : )

Explains everything ! .......ha ha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    the fact that she is my age, has no kids and seemingly very little baggage seems too good to be true.

There is a word for it my friend and that word is lesbian.

Ha ha ha quality.

Ketman - if you don't mind me asking, what do you and this girl work as? Are you literally side by side every day in the same office, or do your paths just cross from time to time?
    How well do you know her and her interests? And have you been given any hint hat she might like you?
  • Options
    She works downstairs in a seperate office, we chat most days when I bump into her at the Tea area, I have no reason to think she may be interested, she's probably just a really friendly person. Got to know a little about her over the last year or so.

It seems like the most easiest thing in the world to just go up to her & ask her out for a drink after work one day & when you type it out like that it is. Thing is stuff like that I find probably the hardest thing to do in the world, would rather sing in front of 10,000 people (I cannot sing BTW) than do something like this. She's so nice she would probably really let me down in a nice way at worst, but it still makes it tough to do.
  • Options
    You poor fella Kets dont you have an office party or something (get her drunk but dont tell henners he dont like drinking)

and iof she spurns you put it down to the booze
  • Options
    Fair enough, if you worked alongside her every day then i'd have been a bit cautious but as you only see her in the tea area, i'd go for it and just ask her out for a drink face to face.
  • Options
    If its a confidence thing then read 'The Game'. Just finished it and it strangely gives you a bit of confidence to approach people. Dont use the magic tricks tho ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Oh, Curb-it I don't annoy people, they just get annoyed : - )

Can we have a Poll on this?
  • Options
    What an awesome thread.

It sounds to me like you need some coaching. I'm not talking "the game". The only end result of this is that either you're going to get a date, or you wont but she'll still be flattered that you asked her out.

As said above dont make a big deal about it (whether she says yes or no) , make it casual. Tell her you got a spare ticket to something and ask her if she wants to come. (That way is seems less like you went out of your way to ask her out and it was more chance that you got the ticket).

I know that it can be really difficult sometimes to do things like asking people out but let's put it another way.

You ask her out. The worse situation can be a little awkwardness if she says no.

But the other option is you dont ask her out, and every time you see her you regret not having the balls to do it, and you keep regretting it right up until the point she starts dating that idiot Steve who works in accounts, with the bad haircut, and realising that all you had to do was man up and do it.

So yeah, in short, man up, and do it. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain, and the single biggest piece of advice I can offer. BE COOL AND TELL YOURSELF THAT IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER SHE SAYS YES OR NO!

Good luck.
  • Options
    Why not email her and just ask her out to lunch?

It still means you get to spend a bit of time together find out a bit more about her but you haven't got the pressure that it might be some kind of 'date' and maybe drop it into the conversation casually that you should go out for a drink together while your at lunch, see how she reacts to that?

Failing that just text her when your p*ssed, how does she fancy coming round for a bit of the other? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go for a bite to eat together at lunchtime .........firstly it's time limited as you both have to get back to work, so if you chat well together and the time just whizzes by, it could easily leave each of you looking forward to a next time.

If she feels okay with you, she'll reveal a little about herself - and you might find it very natural to say that you'd like to meet up again. After all, you would have already broken the ice.

Or she might tell you that she's married, her ex is a psycho, she's got 3 kids and asks if you'll take her to the pub right now ....(!)

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]She works downstairs in a seperate office, we chat most days when I bump into her at the Tea area, I have no reason to think she may be interested, she's probably just a really friendly person. Got to know a little about her over the last year or so.

It seems like the most easiest thing in the world to just go up to her & ask her out for a drink after work one day & when you type it out like that it is. Thing is stuff like that I find probably the hardest thing to do in the world, would rather sing in front of 10,000 people (I cannot sing BTW) than do something like this. She's so nice she would probably really let me down in a nice way at worst, but it still makes it tough to do.

I'm not advocating stalking...just find out which bar she drinks in/whose leaving do she'll be going to next, make sure you are there and use the opportunity to start chatting, offer to buy her a drink etc - I doubt she'll say no and you'll have a few minutes with her in an uncontrived social setting away from work to suss out whether she's being nice but unavailable or nice and available.

Go from there, bon chance etc.
  • Options
    You don't just happen to bump into someone in the tea area virtually every day - suggests to me that she might be a bit interested too.

Do you share any interests eg music, comedy? You could say you've got a spare ticket for such and such, and would she like to come along?

I worked with someone for 18 months before he finally asked me out. We've been married for years now...

Good luck, and do keep us posted ;-)
  • Options
    Ha ha, Plaaaaayer ......Great Minds Think Alike (at the same moment!!)

lol
  • Options
    This thread has inspired me and i've just asked out the girl on the next bank of desks to me.

After how many dates do i tell her i'm married ?
  • Options
    I think she might guess when she sees baby sick down the back of your shoulder!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Failing that just text her when your p*ssed, how does she fancy coming round for a bit of the other? :-)

1 time out of 50 this works...and i like those odds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You don't just happen to bump into someone in the tea area virtually every day

You do when Ketman waits until she's going for a cuppa then stops whatever he's doing and legs it to the tea area
  • Options
    Or just get her to sign up to Charltonlife!
  • Options
    Kets, i think you should walk up to her desk, stick your tongue out as far as it will go, curl it up and start licking your eyebrows, nod and say 'i know', give her a wink and walk away.

She'll be emailing you within the hour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You don't just happen to bump into someone in the tea area virtually every day

You do when Ketman waits until she's going for a cuppa then stops whatever he's doing and legs it to the tea area

True, but then she will probably have worked that out, and isn't trying to avoid him....
  • Options
    Today's the day Ketman. Just go do it. Then come back and tell us how it went!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I worked with someone for 18 months before he finally asked me out. We've been married for years now...

So you waited for a year and a half like a wallflower thinking, "Come on, sonny ......chop chop, get your act together!!"

At last he finally did.

And they lived happily ever after, once Mr Weegie was converted to Charltonanity.

;o)
  • Options
    wear a white linen suit, pair of hush puppys and pull up outside work in a ford cortina. stroll over to her and open up a bottle of blue nun, light a rothmans and sit back. She'll want you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think she might guess when she sees baby sick down the back of your shoulder!

Or the fact that you'll fall asleep on the job. Dead giveaway you've been up all night changing nappies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ha ha, Plaaaaayer ......Great Minds Think Alike (at the same moment!!)

lol

Obviously a ladies man back in the day Oggy! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    Obviously a ladies man back in the day Oggy! :-)

What d'you mean, "Back in the day ..." ?

I'm not put out to grass just yet, thanks. *Smoothes tousled hair*
  • Options
    Some Cracking advice on here I have to say....I can feel myself sweating at my desk now, face to face is clearly out :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I worked with someone for 18 months before he finally asked me out. We've been married for years now...

So you waited for a year and a half like a wallflower thinking, "Come on, sonny ......chop chop, get your act together!!"

At last he finally did.

And they lived happily ever after, once Mr Weegie was converted to Charltonanity.

;o)

Something like that, Oggy, yeah...;-)

It took an evening training course, several evenings of drinks afterwards, him getting chucked, a day at Newbury Races, the Christmas do, him getting off with someone else at New Year, me having a brief fling with an ex Charlton mate to get that out of my system (hope he's not on here!!), a works trip to Spain, me bursting into tears, and finally he got the message and asked to come to Charlton v Kettering...

But anyway, back to Ketts. Has he done it yet???
  • Options
    This is the best thread ever

Ketman get up right now march over there and do it

tell her

Look i have fancied you for ages after work tonight i am going to be in ........... bar and i will wait till 7 if you want to meet me then do if not dont waste my tea breaks any more you teasing beatch