Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Well here's my two bobs worth.

Took the Grandson to his first away game and we watched a complete and utter shambles, particularly once the first had gone in.

If the passion shown by the players had matched the teams supporters the result would have been reversed.

Very difficult to get any enthusiasm for the up coming games and not sure my Grandson can take anymore.

For me the day was summed up when we left, another young lad was crying his eyes out at the (lack of) performance while his slightly older brother comforted him.

So Km if you did shed a few tears on the train (and I truely hope you weren't bullied) sadly you weren't the only one today.

By the way anybody who thinks the keeper had a good game look at the highlights tonight, he was useless. Mind you most of them were.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Embarrassing performance from the players matched by the yoof singing Roland out!

Who the fuck do they imagine is going to step up and buy our club?

Saved us from administration, steadying the ship, trying to manage a £6/7 million loss per year, get real!

I'm sure he will back Luzon in the coming weeks and that will be coming from his own pocket!

Well, people who know tell me that there would be, if he'd sell.
    If that's the case why didn't they buy the club when he bought it?

It was clearly for sale then.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Embarrassing performance from the players matched by the yoof singing Roland out!

Saved us from administration, steadying the ship, trying to manage a £6/7 million loss per year, get real!

I'm sure he will back Luzon in the coming weeks and that will be coming from his own pocket!

Maybe because the previous incumbents would not allow said interested parties buy...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Essex_Al said:

Maybe because the previous incumbents would not allow said interested parties buy...
    What I thought I'd read as well.

• Options
    edited January 2015

(double post in error)
  • Options
    Just got back home from this afternoon's game.

Have seen Charlton play in Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Holland and Spain.

Have seen Charlton play at approximately 130 different grounds.

Worldwide I have watched football at approximately 450 different grounds.

Tomorrow I am waiting for people in favour of Duchateletet.

• Options
    You can't tell me 5-0 was a true reflection of the game ?

it should of been 10
    we cleared 3 of the line plus the ball that ran along our line. plus 2 good saves from our keeper.

Was Guy Luzon at the match ?

If Luzon had been in the dugout, the CAFC crowd could least of had a laugh with,

Your getting sacked in the morning, or we only sing when we're Luzon.

Thanks to the fans who like myself stayed to the bitter end and for most of the fans sense of humour.
    Please don't sing your Charlton till you die, and then walk out at 4-0.

I wouldn't say it was a one sided game but if it had been a boxing match it would of been stopped,
    as we were being battered !

• Options
    I have consistently heard Roland was not the only game in town, but he sealed the deal, and that is that.
    I have heard in a more fractured way that if anybody with an offer would like to approach Roland for talks, they have a bit of a challenge engaging with Roland's gatekeepers or advisors.
    The choice now ebbs and flows, but my understanding is that it wasn't a matter of Roland or administration, and administration is not the only alternative even now.
    No point in pressing me on this because I imagine I am quite a way along the chain of whispers and that is all I know, I don't know who the other interested parties or party may be.
  • Options
    Went today and very disappointed with the result and especially by the ineptitude (yet again) of Ben haim and Bikey. Just watched the goals on SSN and I don't know how they qualify as CHs!! They are clueless or couldn't careless. How people can blame Etheridge when he has those two clowns infront of him I don't know! How fans can cheer Bikey when he makes so many mistakes... Morrison never stood a chance if the rumours about these two bossing things is true.
    Clearly there is a total lack of team spirit and unity which was obvious last week more than ever. I really hope JJ (or Solly) can try to restore it because I think the younger players really suffer even more when he is not playing.
    I think, if we are lucky enough to get any players in, who will be able to tell whether they will fit in the team or not?
  • Options
    The choice ebbsfleet and flows you say Seth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

The choice ebbsfleet and flows you say Seth?

Razor.
  • Options
    was there and the impression I get is that we are a shambles from top to bottom.

there were level 1 basics not being followed out there today which made me look on with bemusement and sadness. 2nd balls not being fought for, central defenders not competing for headers, an inability to show for the ball etc.

am not one for getting hysterical after a loss but we are bang in trouble and if anyone thinks different then more fool them.

was talking to some Watford fans afterwards and they couldnt believe how easy we capitulated and how they expected a much tougher game.

It was pathetic and the players should have a look at the support today and have a look at themselves.

the only positive I took is that I'm glad I'm not a Watford supporter.
  • Options
    Left after the first back to the pub it was
  • Options

WSS said:

Essex_Al said:

What I thought I'd read as well.

Nothing to say on that, but people continually repeat on here that no one else wouid buy the club if RD pulled out, so I asked someone who would know better than any of us and that's what I was told. No more, no less.
  • Options

The club needs leadreship to turn this around.

Wolves will take us apart and the question is whether Luzon, Jackson, Henderson and new signings come to the rescue for the Rotherham game.

What's frustrating is that loan cover for keeper and bringing in a number 9 would have avoided all this.

Luzon had better be everything Duchatelet thinks he is or the wheels fall off for sure.

Why are you unable to say this club are in a mess?
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game,followed the match thread, but it sounds like the players were as uninterested as last week. Is it possible that after Guy took training for a couple of days they all thought that he is no different from Bob?
  • Options
    How long was Watts on for ? Any sign of promise ?
  • Options
    Today had nothing to do with Luzon, nor does any other game and manager we have.

Sell up Duchatelet, you are poison.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

How long was Watts on for ? Any sign of promise ?

Whole second half and yes. On this showing, him and Church should be our front two (if we we play two up font).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope I never see that Lilly-livered, uninterested, pathetic excuse for a PROFESSIONAL footballer, Buyens, in a CAFC shirt again. He should be utterly ashamed of himself. The least I expect from our players is effort, I have seen some rubbish play for us over the years but his attitude reminds me of Amady Faye.
  • Options
    Very very poor stuff , I am expecting much to change soon, no.
  • Options
    Fair start and should have been a goal up from JBG. Igor looked back to showing some of his form early in the season, but bar that it was one sided. Could have been 7 or 8 by the end. A long sorry week that needs to be sorted by the owner and CEO
  • Options
    So much for the new manager 'bounce' hang on a minute , we haven't got a new manager yet....
  • Options
    A Cardiff mate of mine was really hoping that they get relegated so that Tan would lose interest and sell up.... when he told me this I thought he was bonkers..... I am beginning to think that he may something there!!!
  • Options
    I'm wondering what its going to take to happen for Roland to 'get' Charlton, and not treat us like a Rubik's cube , it's not working Roly, surely you can see that?
  • Options
    We were such a respected club again for the first time in a while under Powell.
  • Options

A Cardiff mate of mine was really hoping that they get relegated so that Tan would lose interest and sell up.... when he told me this I thought he was bonkers..... I am beginning to think that he may something there!!!

Probably not his season, but you will see a relegation with Duchatelet under us.
  • Options
    Things have got so bad and the prospects are so gloomy that I've passed beyond rational reactions and am experiencing a kind of euphoria. Anyone else getting this?

(I am not on drugs)