Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Huge week of change at Charlton but two things that didn't were no further strengthening to a weak, and looking increasingly dispirited squad, and a decent away follow getting royaly screwed. That last one is nothing new.

As said on the match thread, when the goals were crashing in I had no feelings of anger, just sadness.

Look forward to hearing from those there.

This is a really difficult period following the club, we are all feeling the pain in different ways. Please don't take it out on each other, cheers all.

Comments

• Options
    Though there is some talent in our first team at least, we are a team clearly short of confidence, hopefully Luzon can eject some belief into our players.

I have my doubts however.
  • Options
    I wonder if Mr D is considering sacking Matthew and Roberts and bringing in, say, Guy Luzon?
    I think that if Guy Luzon takes on this present squad, we will dream of days when we only lose 5-0 at Watford.
  • Options
    Completely agree with that sentiment that I didn't feel anger, just a sort of inevitable sadness. The only hope is that the type of performance will convince Roland to spend a bit of money from the team, rather than source from the 'network'.

Now, where can I buy some straws...?
  • Options
    AFKA I share your views. Once it got to 2-0 I couldn't get angry, it was just sadness and embarrassment. At work, I'm the only Charlton fan, and our fixtures/results are never really mentioned on a Monday morning. However, I have a horrible feeling the Work Permit debacle and the thrashing will, somewhat, be mentioned.

I'm hoping, praying, it was just a bad day due a disjointed week the players had. Not defending them, as they still have to play the game. Playing the game with DM & BR, on the sidelines, who they know well.

I can only just try and forget about the past 7 days. I'm not too sure what else to do or say.
  • Options
    Following on from the match thread 8th December 1984 was the last time we lost by five goals below the top flight of English football. Away to Oxford.

That makes the last goal significant, and it makes this the worst result for a generation. I think we can safely say that it was a bad day at the office.

I wasn't at the game but is sounds like the players didn't play to anything like their potential. I still think we have better players than our recent run of form suggests, but the new manager (or his replacement) is going to have to lift both their confidence and their desire if we are going to avoid falling into a relegation battle.

Every year one team falls into trouble that seemed to be ok - unless we find another side that could, well, be us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's hard to add anything new to the debate. Those who say that off the field stuff should not affect performance are incorrect in my view. If there is poison in the environment in which you work, and by this I mean the way your colleagues at whatever level are treated then you will be affected by it. Doesn't matter how much money you earn.

Agree with this entirely.
  • Options
    glad I had the kitchen man round this afternoon quoting for a new kitchen and on,y found out the result at 5pm. Following the match thread would have been all too depressing. Can't wait to hear the views of those actually there. I'm glad I don't do many away games any more.
  • Options
    No, Landlord, I don't want a Stella or Hoegaarden or Leffe! I'm drowning these sorrows with London Pride!
  • Options
    Just glad the fans who witnessed that pile of shite only paid £13 instead if the full price .
  • Options
    If its true that Big Bob had "lost the dressing room" then you would think that with a new manager in /on the way etc the team picked would put in at least some effort ? What about the "new manager" syndrome ? but of course this is Charlton-------its what we signed up for----decades of shit with a few years of half decent football.
  • Options
    We've dropped to 16th, we've conceded 10 more than we've scored. Piss poor performance, idk what else to say. Just disappointed.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the post match interview this week.

Maybe Pussy In Boots will take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our new nickname should be jigsaw the way we have fallen apart. It's ahit being a Charlton fan at the moment!
  • Options
    Feel sorry for those who went. Never felt so depressed to be a Charlton fan, and that includes time in the old third division.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Spot on sirjohnhumphrey. Something has gone very, very seriously wrong at wrong at Sparrow's Lane. Last year's team under Powell and Riga weren't very good but they fought like hell to stay up and it was clear to see they were all pulling together. That team ethic seems to have been completely destroyed in the last 6 months

Two Words ; Andy Hughes!
  • Options
    Agree with sentiments on here - watching SSN, sad, and the stripey feckers won from 2 down - really sad
  • Options

Only positive was it only cost me £13.

I got punched in the nose for nothing a couple of weeks ago. You were robbed.
  • Options
    At the moment although we are in freefall there are probably 4 teams at least still worse than us - Blackpool, millwall, Wigan & rotherham. It goes without saying that the remaining games against them are huge.
  • Options
    Warren Flanagan ‏@warrenflanagan 9m9 minutes ago
    Charlton were dreadful. Their keeper was their best player. Could have easily been more. Great win #WatfordFC #CAFC

Forever 63 Not out ‏@LukeGray1997 10m10 minutes ago
    I thought millwall were shit then we played charlton
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    As mentioned by Kings Hill Addick

The worst Charlton 2nd tier result (Championship / Division 2) since the 1984 / 85 season.

Oxford beat Charlton 5-0 (8/12/84) (A).

Premiership - Charlton 1 Leeds 6 in the 02 /03 season - 5/4/2003 (H)
    Premiership - WHU 5 Charlton 0 in the 00/01 season - 26/12/00 (A)