Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Comments

• Options
    Terrible performance, we are in massive trouble...
  • Options
    On the way back. Agee that all the players should be ashamed of that "Performance".

Reminded me of the 18 game wireless run we went on when getting relegated a few years ago.

The club and players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Some angry people at the ground and arguments amongst he fans as well. Nothing major but it's goig to be a hard and long way back to a winning team.
  • Options
    Why am I sitting here at 20 past midnight reading depressing comments on an abject performance by a football club in disarray? Am I waiting for something positive which I know isn't going to happen or am I just a little shell-shocked by today's score? I really don't know. Think I should just go to bed and forget about it. I'd like to think that things can only get better but I am far from optimistic right now.

Wonder if Golfie has slit his wrists yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    philcafc said:

At the moment although we are in freefall there are probably 4 teams at least still worse than us - Blackpool, millwall, Wigan & rotherham. It goes without saying that the remaining games against them are huge.

Don't bet on it.
  • Options
    I wonder if RD will follow Millwalls chairman and refund all the travelling fans. Somehow I doubt it.

I've been out all day, so I'd avoided the score until 20 minutes ago. After everything that's happened in the past week, my first reaction was to laugh, which seems worse than crying...............
  • Options
    Like OP every goal just filled me with sadness. Soul being ripped out of club. Even likes of cousins and Harriott struggled to come over and clap fans.

From top down, confidence is shot, and every single person appears disillusioned. On fans, tough as chants of 'Roland out' were followed by 'Charlton til I die'.

If that's the case will roland care? Knowing fans will come back irrespective? Great support for players, especially given what we had to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Worst I've seen possibly since the Reading away game when Reed replaced Dowie.....spineless and embarrassing. Thankfully the Watford crowd took pity on us though it must be said Watford saw a wounded animal and went for the kill. Like him or not Deeny is a very good player.

The only highlight was when we chanted 'let's pretend we've scored a goal' and then celebrated.

A lot of 'we want Roland out' too

Onwards and upwards this is Charlton afterall, never a dull moment.
  • Options
    On top of the obvious management issues, it wouldn't surprise me if there have been big fallouts between players... blame, old vs new, poisonous personalities. I'm sure we'll never know the full story.
  • Options
    1 shot on target and 0 corners (to their 11). Listened on player. Even Finch with his references to By-kee (not Bee kay) and Watts instead of Watt was starting to get to me. Not angry - somehow suspected it might happen - but not 5! Can't see a way out of this...
  • Options
    However bad things are behind the scenes at the training ground when you are on the pitch you should be 100% committed you owe that much to the fans. Sounds like we are in freefall.
  • Options
    At home, already feeling down because of a post operation infection, can't walk or do much else, in pain etc then I have to endure this match thread.

This season has collapsed from one of hope to one of despair so quickly. The only season I can compare it to, is the one where we were near the top at Christmas and had to get something at Orient ( I think) to stay up.

Can't see where our next win is coming from and wish I'd taken that 8-1 last week on our relegation !
  • Options
    The club needs leadreship to turn this around.

Wolves will take us apart and the question is whether Luzon, Jackson, Henderson and new signings come to the rescue for the Rotherham game.

What's frustrating is that loan cover for keeper and bringing in a number 9 would have avoided all this.

Luzon had better be everything Duchatelet thinks he is or the wheels fall off for sure.
  • Options
    We stayed up last season mainly due to the Diego Poyet's huge bollocks. We have a few good players amongst the squad, but we have no bollocks in midfield now and that is why teams like Watford will laugh at us.
    I hope Luzon tears them all a new one this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird atmosphere. Could have been a training day for Watford. That's it for a while for me. Very, very sad.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the manager today, or the owner, but everything to do with the joke of a team playing the game.

No leadership

No communication

No guile

No bollocks

No heart

No desire

No intent

No interest

No imagination

No passion

Etheridge, Bikey, Wilson, Buyens, Harriott, Vetokele in my opinion were a disgrace today, either in their attitude or their application, with Ben Haim and Gudmundsson not too far behind. Only Wiggins, Solly and Cousins come away from today with any credit, though all 3's overall performance were still far below what is required from them.

I am going to annoy a lot of people on here with this next statement, but I couldn't care less:

Solly is not captain material, and I wouldn't have him as vice club captain

Yes we were awful today, shambolic even, but I didn't see a leader out there, trying to get the team together, rallying us, being a vocal presence on the pitch, and we needed one.

We also need a new team, one without Wilson, Harriott and Etheridge, all of whom are not good enough to pay at this level.

I would like to see the following team play next week:

Dmitrovic
    Gomez Ben Haim Onyewu Wiggins
    Solly Jackson Cousins Gudmundsson
    Tucudean Watt

Bikey, Buyens and Vetokele need to be dropped based on today, and hopefully they'll realise that dribbling out of your own defense and losing the ball with crap backpasses, failing to win a single second ball and not putting in a tackle or header, and falling over all the time and complaining after miscontrolling the ball respectively, are not good enough actions to keep your place in the side.

Rant over

• Options
    Anyone for waffles?
  • Options
    Well this a new, but not unsurprising low.
    As other have said, how would you perform at work if you had to put up with the mismanagement that has been going on at OUR club this week.
    I would like to say things can only get better, but I fear it could get worse. Please lads get you heads down this week, try to work it out and come back fighting.
    I won't hold me breath
    Oh and thanks lads I am already getting piss taking texts from wankers at work who never go to football, and support all the glory chasing teams. Now that really does make me angry.
  • Options
    Extract from the OS match report sheds some light on the underlying problem:

"The Addicks gout out of the traps quickly.....".

That can be very painful and restrict movement......