Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucadean (pg.5-6 - Joined Steaua Bucharest on 1 1/2yr loan)

Comments

• Options
    Am i the only one who sings

'Used to be shite, and now he's still shite'

About Wilson
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Am i the only one who sings

'Used to be shite, and now he's still shite'

About Wilson

For me he is neither shite nor alright. Def not a Champ player though
  • Options

Talking to a very experienced ex-pro yesterday he was clear that Tucudean and others in our current squad will never be good enough to play at this level because they weren't brought up physically to compete in the way our league requires. He doesn't think they can possibly adapt at their current age, even if their technical ability is good enough to play on the continent at a high level.

Totally agree it's the only reason Messi was turned down by us this week
    Point being that if you are exceptional you can by definition make the transition, but many of the players we are signing are not.
  • Options
    Strength can be gained and the ability to take a hit and carry on can be learned, our problem is not the inability to take the strain of British football, it's lack of technical ability and speed of thought all that once you reach an age you may aswell forget it

There are more light weight British footballers unable to step up from league to league than foreign imports
  • Options

Talking to a very experienced ex-pro yesterday he was clear that Tucudean and others in our current squad will never be good enough to play at this level because they weren't brought up physically to compete in the way our league requires. He doesn't think they can possibly adapt at their current age, even if their technical ability is good enough to play on the continent at a high level.

Yes, many foreign players never make it in the UK as the style of football is different. That was one of the reason many managers (Curbs for example) tended to buy Scandinavians as their first foreign players, as they play more of a British style (especially the long ball Norwegians of the 90s!)
  • Options

Yes, many foreign players never make it in the UK as the style of football is different. That was one of the reason many managers (Curbs for example) tended to buy Scandinavians as their first foreign players, as they play more of a British style (especially the long ball Norwegians of the 90s!)
    Yep, the Scandinavians, Dutch and Germans I would mix in with our boys.

Their mentality is more disciplined, can settle in the country better with being culturally very similar. These things have to be factored into consideration when bringing in a player.

Have a look at the squad of 99/00

1 Republic of Ireland GK Dean Kiely
    2 England DF Anthony Barness
    3 England DF Chris Powell
    4 England MF Graham Stuart
    5 England DF Richard Rufus
    6 England DF Carl Tiler
    7 England MF Shaun Newton
    8 Republic of Ireland MF Mark Kinsella
    9 England FW Andy Hunt
    10 England FW Clive Mendonca
    11 Wales MF John Robinson
    12 England DF Steve Brown
    13 Serbia and Montenegro GK Sasa Ilic
    14 Sweden FW Martin Pringle
    15 England DF Eddie Youds
    16 Scotland DF Greg Shields
    17 England MF Scott Parker
    No. Position Player
    18 England DF Paul Konchesky
    19 England DF Andy Todd
    20 England MF Keith Jones
    22 England GK Simon Royce
    23 England DF Anthony Allman
    24 England DF Jonathan Fortune
    25 England FW Leigh Hales
    27 England MF Kemal Izzet
    28 England DF Kevin James
    29 England FW Kevin Lisbie
    30 England FW Charlie MacDonald
    31 England FW Mark McCammon
    32 Wales GK Sam Turner
    33 Sweden FW Mathias Svensson
    34 England MF John Salako
    35 Belgium DF Steve Barbé (on loan from Molenbeek)
    36 England FW Paul Kitson (on loan from West Ham United
  • Options
    I'd Heard 800K twigs or slibs or whatever currency they use, and it still seemed like a good deal IF we reinvest it in CAFC, not RD or Standard Liege.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its now being reported in Romania that the president of Steau has pulled the plug on the deal. Should have taken the €800K when it was on the table.
  • Options
    cakey said:

Its now being reported in Romania that the president of Steau has pulled the plug on the deal. Should have taken the €800K when it was on the table.

Obviously just saw the Millwall game.

• Options
    cakey said:

Did they get TJ back to run the negotiation?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

cakey said:

They don't need TJ's assistance, they're quite capable of screwing up transfer negotiations off their own bat as evidenced by the track record so far. :-0
  • Options
    edited January 2015

cakey said:

Beat me to it.
  • Options
    I'd take 80k for Tucudean, let alone 800k. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    One of the most enigmatic forwards ever to play for us.
    3 and a half MOM performances (45 mins against Derby)
    16 poor performances.

I still find it hard to believe the CAFC coaches couldn't get some average
    games out of him instead of the poor ones.

The second half against Cardiff he could of had 5 assists as well as two goals which hit the post and saved on the line.

If this is the end of your CAFC story then it's a mystery why you were so inconsistent.

• Options
    He's young, only been playing in a different country for a few months, shown more effort and achieved a lot more than Reza imho. I'd like to keep him for another season at least. He needs to work on the physical side but he's definitely got ability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There us a player in there. Needs to learn the subtleties of the physical side. Rather than jump into someone he needs to stand close and ease the defender out of the way. Has the touch, skill, decent with both feet and not as slow as some say.
  • Options
    800k would get us Matt smith IMO
  • Options
    He has some talent, but he is neither a goal poacher nor a hold up CF. Bye bye hopefully.
  • Options
    This season's Dave Mooney.
  • Options

800k would get us Matt smith IMO

I thought he had to give up the dream of being a pro footballer at a young age which is why he's now an actor.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    cakey said:

Its being reported in Romanian press that George is close to signing for Steau Bucharest. They offered 800K Euros. We want (for some unknown reason) 1million and it says agreement may be reached at 850K + 20% profit. (of course they won't be any profit when they realise how bad he is). Grab it before they realise.

I can't believe that Duchatelet was holding out for 1 million when he could have got 800K Euros (if this is true). Now the deal is dead in the water ? Un'bloody'believable. I feckin' hope this is not the thing that prevents Charlton from investing in a creative midfielder and striker. If this happens, I do believe it is proven that Duchatelet is not a genius businessman but a complete idiot of the highest order.
  • Options
    vff said:

cakey said:

Its being reported in Romanian press that George is close to signing for Steau Bucharest. They offered 800K Euros. We want (for some unknown reason) 1million and it says agreement may be reached at 850K + 20% profit. (of course they won't be any profit when they realise how bad he is). Grab it before they realise.

I can't believe that Duchatelet was holding out for 1 million when he could have got 800K Euros (if this is true). Now the deal is dead in the water ? Un'bloody'believable. I feckin' hope this is not the thing that prevents Charlton from investing in a creative midfielder and striker. If this happens, I do believe it is proven that Duchatelet is not a genius businessman but a complete idiot of the highest order.
    Let's see what happens between now and Monday night.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I want to believe. Duchatelet makes it so bloody difficult and challenging.