Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucadean (pg.5-6 - Joined Steaua Bucharest on 1 1/2yr loan)

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Loan news: George Tucudean joins Steaua Bucharest Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2015
    Author: Iain Liddle image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/player/george-loan-4-x-3-83-2235963_478x359.jpg

George Tucudean leaves on loan

Image by: www.cafc.co.uk
    George Tucudean has joined Steaua Bucharest on loan until the end of the 2015/16 season, the club can confirmIain Liddle reports

George Tucudean has joined Steaua Bucharest on loan until the end of the 2015/16 season, the club can confirm.

The paperwork for the loan move was finalised late on Thursday evening and Tucudean has now joined up with his new teammates in his home country.

Steaua are currently leading the way in the Romanian top flight with 43 points after 17 minutes. They return to league action on Saturday, February 21st following the league’s winter break
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-loan-news-george-tucudean-steaua-bucharest-2236045.aspx#boVfL09zxPvlHsqs.99

Worries me in the link on the website that they list Vetokele, Church, Harriott, Watt and KAG as our remaining players who have played in that position. Hope that doesn't mean they think thats enough to move forward. Sorry, pessimistic mode. I will move back to optimistic mode shortly :-)
  • Options
    bloody hell, 43 points after 17 minutes. either they are exceptional or it's a shit league
  • Options
    Good riddance. Awful player.
  • Options
    Heading back home to get some much needed confidence it feels like.

I think he is a decent player, but confidence has now gone, as would many for a young striker playing abroad with fans expecting too much too soon.
  • Options
    So, as it stands at midday today, we have just 4 strikers (Igor, Watt, Church & Ahern-Grant) with Piggott and Azeez out on loan. You count really count Ahern-Grant as he is really a development player & has only made a handful of (sub) appearances.

If we don't sign at least 1 PROVEN striker (ideally I would like 2) then we are going down. By PROVEN I mean aged between 25 and 30 with 200 plus appearances to his name & a record of around 1 in 2 or 3

• Options

So, as it stands at midday today, we have just 4 strikers (Igor, Watt, Church & Ahern-Grant) with Piggott and Azeez out on loan. You count really count Ahern-Grant as he is really a development player & has only made a handful of (sub) appearances.

If we don't sign at least 1 PROVEN striker (ideally I would like 2) then we are going down. By PROVEN I mean aged between 25 and 30 with 200 plus appearances to his name & a record of around 1 in 2 or 3

I thought Azeez was sold not a loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Igor is still not 100% fit, and Church is Church. Watt is pretty much the only decent striker we have in operation, we NEED another striker now. But I can't honestly see them letting George go without a replacement being nearly a formality. Whether this will match your accurate criteria or be another young prodigy from the network I have no idea but can't see there not being one of some description.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good luck, Georgie boy.

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, adios, Bon voyage. I just hope they don't send you back when they realise you're useless (personal opinion, of course). Better tell steau Bucharest to keep the receipt, just in case.
  • Options
    I'd be happy with one target man type striker. Give Watt a run of games and Igor a rest. We don't need four potential 20+ goal a season strikers just to stay up.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Igor is still not 100% fit, and Church is Church. Watt is pretty much the only decent striker we have in operation, we NEED another striker now. But I can't honestly see them letting George go without a replacement being nearly a formality. Whether this will match your accurate criteria or be another young prodigy from the network I have no idea but can't see there not being one of some description.
    We need that hold up forward.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Agreed, but we needed that even before George went. I am a fan (relatively speaking) of Tucudean's but he was not ever going to be the lump up front. Now he's gone and we're left with three senior strikers, one not entirely fit, one hasn't played very much recently, the other is Church, and coming back from a nasty injury. Purely in sense of numbers we're light now, quite apart from the tactical/strategic necessities.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Heading back home to get some much needed confidence it feels like.
    I think he is a decent player, but confidence has now gone, as would many for a young striker playing abroad with fans expecting too much too soon.

Completely agree with this. Actually glad its only a loan - with more experience and maturity - could come back a greatly improved player.
  • Options

Don't worry Golfie, I've heard that we're going to choose 2 from McCormack, Deeney and Chris Martin.

They are all clamouring to sign, so we're just going to have to disappoint one of them.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

In another team he may have done better but whilst a reasonable all round player he wasn't really strong enough in any one area of the game to make a significant difference for us and the physicality of the league was maybe too much for him as well.

• Options

I think the problem with that is those type of players are very rare and very, very valuable. If you are 'insisting' that his record of goals is, even in part, in the Championship then you could well be talking about £5m plus. A one in three record over 200 games would mean he had scored close to 20 goals a season for four years. I can't think of any player that has achieved that and moved to a club in a relegation battle outside of the Premier League.
  • Options
    Thanks for all you have done for the Club George. Two goals, what a return on our investment. Don't head, Don't hold the ball, what do you do? Subtle innuendos follow there must be something inside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Azeez left a while ago Golfie, try and keep up.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Oggy Red said:

thenewbie said:

Agreed, but we needed that even before George went. I am a fan (relatively speaking) of Tucudean's but he was not ever going to be the lump up front. Now he's gone and we're left with three senior strikers, one not entirely fit, one hasn't played very much recently, the other is Church, and coming back from a nasty injury. Purely in sense of numbers we're light now, quite apart from the tactical/strategic necessities.
    Agree that we're certainly light on numbers up front, Newbie - but IMO just signing another forward who replicates what we've already got shouldn't be a priority ahead of a target man, who can add what we're clearly missing.

He should be able to hold up play with his back to goal, bringing team mates into the game.
    Vitally he'll be an outlet when our defence is under pressure - and add that physical and aerial presence attacking and defending in both boxes, especially at set pieces.

It seems that every team in the Championship has a player in that mould - but not Charlton.
    And the team is weak because of it.

• Options

I'm sad he's gone. There is a player in there and he just needed acclimatising to the Championship. Can't see him coming back. Good luck George.

Yeah same. I can't pretend he was a huge success but he showed flashes of real quality and he should be given more than 6 months to adjust to a completely different standard of league.

At worst he is still a decent option to come off the bench especially as Igor has picked up a few knocks this season.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

What I liked about George was his range. He could manage the spectrum from a park player, to a World Cup goalscorer. Not all players are so versatile.
    Best of luck George, nothing to dislike about you at all. George is George.

I think your find that was Reza, Seth.

I said George was either Prem (3 games)
    Or League 2 sub (most of the rest)

You came very close to being a hero,
    If you had scored THAT goal both Big Bob and your CAFC career would have
    lasted to the end of the season at least.

Small Margins.

• Options
    Made his debut for Steaua today against Rapid = top vs bottom clash.
    Worked his magic as the league leaders and heavy favs lost 1-0.
    @gladhesgone.
  • Options
    When George's loan finishes, we're going to have one heck of a forward line, what with polish Pete and Reza up front as Well, we're going to be unstoppable!
  • Options

When George's loan finishes, we're going to have one heck of a forward line, what with polish Pete and Reza up front as Well, we're going to be unstoppable!

Naughty.
  • Options
    Never good enough for Charlton, not in the future either
  • Options

In 3 home game he was more than good enough...........

In the rest of the home games and every away game he was poor......

Tony watt has already surpassed him !

I did support him when ever he played, but so near yet so far.

• Options

In 3 home game he was more than good enough...........

In the rest of the home games and every away game he was poor......

Tony watt has already surpassed him !

I did support him when ever he played, but so near yet so far.

Millwall will never ever ever be forgotten