Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry Bannan

Comments

• Options

Bizarre comment mate.

I'd give anything for a David Whyte (RIP) to come in on loan for the run in

Or a decent, experienced free transfer like Alan Pard... Sorry, forget I said that!
  • Options
    Agreed AFKA, I loved him.

But I think that's the exception to the rule isn't it. Him and Morts are about the only ones who I can remember working out and that was over 20 years ago... I've been scarred by the Hudsons, Dowies, Borrowdales, Butterfields etc we've had since

And I wouldn't have minded 18 months ago... but I'm not sure my disillusionment at the moment can take us filling the gaps with Pardew cast-offs

That said, I do like him as a player.
  • Options
    Loved Solako.
  • Options
    He's started a few games under Pardew hasn't he?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Any source for this?

I'd take him, would (hopefully) give our midfield the creativity its been lacking for a longggg time.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I rate him but signing players on loan from them... give me strength. Next thing we know Solly will be putting in a transfer request having heard about rumoured interest from Bermondsey.

I'm no longer proud of the club I support, but at this rate I'll be driven out of town with shame.

Players move between clubs, signing McLeary was far more controversial as he was more of a Millwall legend!
  • Options
    Bannan fails the height test by a mile. He's only just bigger than Munns. I'd have him though. Creative.
  • Options
    Isnt he the guy who goes green, rips his shorts and becomes the incredible hulk?
  • Options

I rate him but signing players on loan from them... give me strength. Next thing we know Solly will be putting in a transfer request having heard about rumoured interest from Bermondsey.

I'm no longer proud of the club I support, but at this rate I'll be driven out of town with shame.

Players move between clubs, signing McLeary was far more controversial as he was more of a Millwall legend!
    Not to mention THE legend that was 'arry Boy Cripps. And then there was Eamon Dunphy too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

No idea on the likelyhood of it happening but we've enquired about a loan deal.

Where did you hear this?
    A friend who has a family member on their board. Mentioned Ameobi last week and wouldnt have any reason to disbelieve him.
    Even Moose on talksport mentioned Ameobi last week , hardly ITK news.
  • Options
    I know it was not direct @paulsturgess and I hate to remind everyone but a certain SCP was at Palace before us

Mark Bright played for both Palace and Millwall before us as well
  • Options
    Would be a top signing. Creative midfielder we have been crying out for. Cant play centre midfield in a 442 though...
  • Options
    Think he's played out wide quite a bit for palace
  • Options
    Would love Bannan. Cracking little player. Surprised he hasn't featured more for Palace.
  • Options

Not to mention THE legend that was 'arry Boy Cripps. And then there was Eamon Dunphy too.
    Not forgetting the late GREAT Johnny Summers.
  • Options
    Good player. Bannan would be a good buy.
  • Options
    Remember when he broke into the Villa team as a teenager, he looked the business. Think he fell away a bit due to behavioural issues (I am sure he lost his licence for drink driving) but his passing could transform our side.

As for palARSE having four managers in 18 months leaves you with a lot of unwanted signings, another reason why RD is so clever.
  • Options
    "Bannan is primarily a central midfielder but also can play as a winger. He is particularly useful with his left foot. Bannan has skill, vision and good passing ability. It is these attributes that led to Aston Villa manager Gérard Houllier likening him to Barcelona midfielders Xavi and Andrés Iniesta. Houllier had only been in charge of Villa for a few weeks before saying "He is an intelligent player, he can read the game well and adapt well. I don’t think Xavi and Iniesta, who are outstanding players, are of huge size. They are intelligent, they have the skill, they have the desire – young Barry has all of that." Ian Holloway, who Bannan played under during his time at Blackpool, described him as "a beautiful footballer, absolutely lovely to watch".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Bannan is primarily a central midfielder but also can play as a winger. He is particularly useful with his left foot. Bannan has skill, vision and good passing ability. It is these attributes that led to Aston Villa manager Gérard Houllier likening him to Barcelona midfielders Xavi and Andrés Iniesta. Houllier had only been in charge of Villa for a few weeks before saying "He is an intelligent player, he can read the game well and adapt well. I don’t think Xavi and Iniesta, who are outstanding players, are of huge size. They are intelligent, they have the skill, they have the desire – young Barry has all of that." Ian Holloway, who Bannan played under during his time at Blackpool, described him as "a beautiful footballer, absolutely lovely to watch".

Never knew that about Holloway.
  • Options
    It would be a signing that makes good sense and would help address a couple of the gaps in the team.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Loan.. fair difference. Plenty we've been enquiring about of late, Barry would be a good improvement to our slacking midfield but not sure either him or club would want it tbf
  • Options
    Mind you would he want to come to us with a certain element somewhat reluctant to forget his past.

It would be worse for him than it is for some of our homegrown players or Network inputs.

Come to think of it, that's just about anyone who puts on a Charlton shirt now.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Loan.. fair difference. Plenty we've been enquiring about of late, Barry would be a good improvement to our slacking midfield but not sure either him or club would want it tbf
    cheer up its Friday.
  • Options

Palace are a league above us and have finished above us every season since our relegation from the Prem
    They are , at present, clearly a better and bigger club than us due to their Premiership survival last year
    So one of their cast offs has every chance of improving the Belgian bores squad at Charlton
    Just be grateful that it's palace in that position, think how much worse this would all feel if it was millwall

Every word of this is the absolute truth of the current situation, no matter how much some may not like it.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Remember when he broke into the Villa team as a teenager, he looked the business. Think he fell away a bit due to behavioural issues (I am sure he lost his licence for drink driving) but his passing could transform our side.

As for palARSE having four managers in 18 months leaves you with a lot of unwanted signings, another reason why RD is so clever.

If he was so clever he'd appoint the right manager in the first place.
  • Options

cfgs said:

If he was so clever he'd appoint the right manager in the first place.
    Erm........whoosh.
  • Options

Palace are a league above us and have finished above us every season since our relegation from the Prem
    They are , at present, clearly a better and bigger club than us due to their Premiership survival last year
    So one of their cast offs has every chance of improving the Belgian bores squad at Charlton
    Just be grateful that it's palace in that position, think how much worse this would all feel if it was millwall

Every word of this is the absolute truth of the current situation, no matter how much some may not like it.
    we know that cause Oohaah only deals in the truth ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    buckshee said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

No idea on the likelyhood of it happening but we've enquired about a loan deal.

Where did you hear this?
    A friend who has a family member on their board. Mentioned Ameobi last week and wouldnt have any reason to disbelieve him.
    Even Moose on talksport mentioned Ameobi last week , hardly ITK news.
    H
    Still doesnt change who he is related to. Have asked him to find out more, seeing him for a pint tomorrow.