Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry Bannan

Comments

• Options
    He's a tidy little player, technically very sound, battles hard and ultimately want's to play football. He comes from Palace? So what! Wiggins, Powell, Bright, Whyte.....etc etc they all had Palace connections at some point!

If he's good enough, sign him up.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Palace are a league above us and have finished above us every season since our relegation from the Prem
    They are , at present, clearly a better and bigger club than us due to their Premiership survival last year
    So one of their cast offs has every chance of improving the Belgian bores squad at Charlton
    Just be grateful that it's palace in that position, think how much worse this would all feel if it was millwall

Every word of this is the absolute truth of the current situation, no matter how much some may not like it.
    we know that cause Oohaah only deals in the truth ;)
    85% of the time, the other 15% is just made up :wink:

• Options
    Importantly Barry Bannan is an anagram of Bryn R Banana

some reference to his ability to curl them in from a long way out maybe
  • Options
    cracking player for championship
  • Options
    A poor man's Billy Bremner .. he'd do a job for us
  • Options
    The list of players who have played for both Palace and Charlton is a long one. We've even had a few who went from us to Palace and came back (Flanagan, Humphrey and Mortimer). Truth is, it's never really been a problem. Bannan's a very tidy player, so it's a yes from me.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

a Welsh wing wizard no doubt ?.. ((:>)
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Greenie said:

Good player. Bannan would be a good buy.

Loan.. fair difference. Plenty we've been enquiring about of late, Barry would be a good improvement to our slacking midfield but not sure either him or club would want it tbf
    cheer up its Friday.
    You're pretty reliably predictable with your replies to me. As I've said a hundred times before it's a forum, accept someone else's comments and if you don't then pick it up with them... the amount of times you tell me to cheer up or cut the noose or similar is quite frankly embarassing on your behalf.

FWIW I'm very happy, just have my doubts on loans and the way our club is being run, and rightfully so on both accounts
  • Options

Greenie said:

Good player. Bannan would be a good buy.

Loan.. fair difference. Plenty we've been enquiring about of late, Barry would be a good improvement to our slacking midfield but not sure either him or club would want it tbf
    cheer up its Friday.
    You're pretty reliably predictable with your replies to me. As I've said a hundred times before it's a forum, accept someone else's comments and if you don't then pick it up with them... the amount of times you tell me to cheer up or cut the noose or similar is quite frankly embarassing on your behalf.

FWIW I'm very happy, just have my doubts on loans and the way our club is being run, and rightfully so on both accounts
    AA, surely, it's rightly so on both counts ?

Sorry, just trying to be funny.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

The list of players who have played for both Palace and Charlton is a long one. We've even had a few who went from us to Palace and came back (Flanagan, Humphrey and Mortimer). Truth is, it's never really been a problem. Bannan's a very tidy player, so it's a yes from me.

You can add Don Townsend ,Freddie Lucas and Les Fell to those who went Selhurst.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Sewell and Eddie Werge........went to CPFC
  • Options
    David Tuttle played for all three of South London clubs. Legend.
  • Options

David Tuttle played for all three of South London clubs. Legend.

And the recently mentioned Peter Burridge......
  • Options
    First player we've been linked with in this window that I've been remotely excited by.
  • Options
    Not happening... Withdrew our interest Thursday. I assume it was between him and Lepoint
  • Options
    Honestly, if he did come I wouldn't be that excited. Loses the ball often and not big enough to impose himself on the opposition.

Just my personal opinion though.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Not happening... Withdrew our interest Thursday. I assume it was between him and Lepoint

Surprise surprise, you withdrawn my flag yet?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

CAFCsayer said:

Nah mate
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

RedChaser said:

CAFCsayer said:

Nah mate
    Wrong answer.
  • Options
    You are the one doing the abusing, CAFCSayer.

You've childishly hit the abuse flag again.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCSayer, you are acting like a moron.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Oggy Red said:

CAFCSayer, you are acting like a moron.

Little things and minds mate.
  • Options
    Pardew has confirmed Bannan will be going out on loan tomorrow. Would be a very welcome addition but sadly can't see it.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Pardew has confirmed Bannan will be going out on loan tomorrow. Would be a very welcome addition but sadly can't see it.

yes please. come on Pards, do your old mates a favour!
  • Options
    Would be a good addition but to be honest we really need some fire power and someone with creativity and he definately ain't that sort of player,
  • Options
    I thought he was supposed to be a creative midfielder?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

An anagram of manish bhasin is banish manish
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I thought he was supposed to be a creative midfielder?

He hasn't scored many goals but I think he's supposed to be a pretty neat player. Wonder if Holloway will get him over to Millwall though....he's signed him twice before.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    He's a bit of a running joke amongst Villa fans. Was billed as a potential Champions League player five years ago but his career keeps faltering.

Couldn't get in the Villa team.
    Can't get in the Palace team, or even on the bench.

The kind of signing we'd make 5-6 years ago such as Bouazza, Soares etc.
  • Options
    Birmingham bound