Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rotherham: Post Match Depression 2015

Comments

• Options

Le point had about 10 touches and it was a very amusing debut. Literally didn't put a foot right. Sure it was just nerves but wow what a way to introduce yourself

Apart from the assist for the goal
  • Options
    I think it's all down to see who we get in over the next 2/3 days. That will really tell us a lot about RD. Not looking good is it! My club feels like it's going down the toilet I'm afraid. RD - it's all down to you. Do you have the bottle?
  • Options
    Just looked at players marks someone said wiggins back to his best for fucks sake he was shocking shit on the ball defending shit apart from goaline clearance , we haven't got a single player who is comfortable on the ball at the moment and as professionals this is a big worry and needs sorting .
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Excellent summaries from Seth and Exiled with which I completely agree except for the point about Vetokele who I thight was shyte and deserved the hook. Sterile, lifeless and hopeless. Relegation beckons and Im struggling to give a toss. Very sad all round.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    Spoke to Guy Luzon after the press conference. He felt team dropped too deep after goal, inviting pressure.

what on earth was he expecting taking Harriott off for Gomez

That was his doing. Buyens and the Spurs bloke were dropping too deep for the whole game and bringing on Gomez as a holding player was always going to invite pressure.

I understand the comments about Igor being awful today, but it that substitution was always going to wind the crowd up, especially given that there were no other strikers on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    HandG said:

The thing that depressed me most today was the fact that I felt little emotion when we took the lead and felt the same when they equalised. These last few weeks mean I'm really struggling with it at the moment and I dare say I'm not alone.

Yep, the most depressing thing for me is that I'm not really depressed by it. Admittedly I had the advantege of not actually having to sit through it, instead experiencing the game through the filtered version on the match thread (Thanks RM!), but when we scored I was just relieved, and when they equalised it just felt inevitable really. Can't see us strengthening much before the end of Monday, we're out of the cup, so it's just the long weary trudge to the end of the season, and hoping those below us collapse before we do. Whoopdedoo.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

HandG said:

The thing that depressed me most today was the fact that I felt little emotion when we took the lead and felt the same when they equalised. These last few weeks mean I'm really struggling with it at the moment and I dare say I'm not alone.

Yep, the most depressing thing for me is that I'm not really depressed by it. Admittedly I had the advantege of not actually having to sit through it, instead experiencing the game through the filtered version on the match thread (Thanks RM!), but when we scored I was just relieved, and when they equalised it just felt inevitable really. Can't see us strengthening much before the end of Monday, we're out of the cup, so it's just the long weary trudge to the end of the season, and hoping those below is collapse before we do. Whoopdedoo.
    Yep. A mate texted to say, 'You must be gutted'. That's when it occurred to me that I wasn't really that down about it. Just as you have to experience lows to enjoy the highs, so when there are so few highs you don't really notice the lows.
  • Options
    New manager, same system, same players out of position, same dire results. Maybe RD is managing this team from his dug out in Belgium
  • Options
    Rob said:

I think it's all down to see who we get in over the next 2/3 days. That will really tell us a lot about RD. Not looking good is it! My club feels like it's going down the toilet I'm afraid. RD - it's all down to you. Do you have the bottle?

If - and it's a big if - we get anyone then you know with Roland it will be a cast-off from somewhere else round his pathetic empire. We need more than one or two players and also things that Roland's millions cannot buy - passion, belief, skill and a manager who gets the club
  • Options
    Six days ago I reckoned we needed six points from the next four games. I was stupidly assuming even the current shambles could beat Rotherham at home. Hard to see where the other five can come from. Wigan away seems the only game we might win.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm Solly, Watt Lepoint? We're always Luzon never Wiggins!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Le point had about 10 touches and it was a very amusing debut. Literally didn't put a foot right. Sure it was just nerves but wow what a way to introduce yourself

But he made the goal with a lovely little lay off

He passed the ball from about 5 foot, no more no less. He made nothing just passed the ball as you expect from a professional footballer.
    He did however run around like a headless chicken and near gift them 2 goals.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Six days ago I reckoned we needed six points from the next four games. I was stupidly assuming even the current shambles could beat Rotherham at home. Hard to see where the other five can come from. Wigan away seems the only game we might win.

that would be the next 5 games
    4 games from 6 days ago would be Rotherham and the 3 tough games Boro away, Norwich home and Brentford home
    cant see anything from the 3
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Apart from the assist for the goal
    We would probably be playing until next Saturday and not scored had he not come out. Amazing to see a central midfielder in a Charlton shirt venture in or near the box, other than Jackson of course.
    Hope he starts just to give us some balance and a chance of scoring other than a JG wonder strike

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen lepoints 'moment of magic'to set up the goal.

So magic in fact that he knew nothing about it and didn't get the final touch.

Haven't seen it again yet but didn't think it was much of an "assist" live
  • Options
    The biggest problem we have is a total lack of team spirit. Luzon has a massive task to re-ignite this which hasn't been there much this season. Solly Cousins Jackson and Harriot want to play for Charlton - anyone else?
    Lets shift out the trouble makers
  • Options
    Roland's running Charlton like a branch of Home Bargains. Trouble is, the bargains are getting less and less attractive and while it's nice he's bringing the Saturday boys through to work as fully fledged cashiers, he's forgotten that customers don't like the shop anymore. Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. I hate this regime.

(Yes, I'm drinking).
  • Options
    He didn't get the assist. The Rotherham defended did.
  • Options

mogodon said:

that would be the next 5 games
    4 games from 6 days ago would be Rotherham and the 3 tough games Boro away, Norwich home and Brentford home
    cant see anything from the 3
    Apologies, I meant five. Probably trying to forget today's already!
  • Options
    Pretty grim stuff.
    With 2 defensive midfielders in the centre, and Cousins not a natural left winger, there was a desperate lack of support for the front 2, and swapping Watt for Igor just meant more of the same. Surely the point of playing Veljkovic is to have the other central midfielder further forward?
    Watt for Buyens, moving Harriott to the left with Cousins in the centre would have at least given us an additional attacking player on the pitch.

And why no other striker on the bench, surely one of Church or KAG should have been there?
  • Options
    We were disjointed, lacklustre, demotivated and devoid of ambition.

Grabbed a goal and then went to sleep.

When I saw the team sheet on Twitter at 2pm I knew we were in for a crap game. Subs were too late and putting Gomez on cost us the game.

From the crowds reaction the jury is well and truly out on Luzon. If he wants to win hearts and minds he needs to win games.

Have to say from the various chats I had with my neighbours in the Lower North there is little optimism about the state of play right now.

Seems to me that there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes at CAFC - no idea what it is, but something has sucked the life force out of the team, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Reading Luzon's press talk it's obvious he'll get the players he's given by Roly Poly, no one else.

Does Roly kno who, or what, Phil Chapple is or does?

At least Laurel and Hardy let Powell sign the players HE wanted.

Extremley depressed in Bexley.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

colin1961 said:

Beckboy said:

The heart is being ripped out of our club by jonny foreigner's

jonny foreigner's what?
    Problem today was English players Wiggins and Harriott who had poor games

Colin the guy who thinks he knows everything charlton , but doesn't know that wiggins is welsh .
    And didn't notice that Harriott was our best player. He may have been poor in previous appearances but but in a shift with plenty of threat.