Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Rotherham: Post Match Depression 2015

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Southbank said:

The bottom teams have started to win and we have forgotten how to,and we know what will happen against Millwall.
    Hard to know how this can be turned around.We have no hold up forward and no attacking midfielder.The writing has been on the wall since September.
    Anybody still want to defend the 'network'?. This looks like the third transfer window when the squad has not been strengthened.

Bkackpool one win in how many ?
    Millwall first win in about 15
    I think started to win is a bit strong
    Any positives about Charlton at the mo Col? I need a taste of your world or I'm just going to give up.
  • When we scored, I just knew that we would sit back and invite a goal and said so to Telmc32. Feel sorry for Watt, not sure why he isn't getting more play time, not sure how he didn't get a pen.
  • When we scored, I just knew that we would sit back and invite a goal and said so to Telmc32. Feel sorry for Watt, not sure why he isn't getting more play time, not sure how he didn't get a pen.

was 100% a handball, but then again so was the one at the other end
  • It was a shit game played by two shit teams.
    Thats my take on the game.

I cant see how anyone can see it differently, apart from people wanting appear knowledgeable and seeing things that others dont.

You dont need to look too deeply into that match to see it for what it was; shit.

I did think the pitch was very good, thanks Roland for taking that excuse away.

I was on about when he beat a couple of players, then when he passed the ball, he got taken out from behind.
  • I said in the week if we play just one strikers at home i would despair.
    Play Watt with Igor. The starting line up was a set up for an away game.
    let's not bother to buy a striker, we are only allowed 1 on the pitch at any time.

How many more times are we going to invite the pressure in the last few minutes by all our players getting in each others way and giving a goal away.

• edited January 2015

When we scored, I just knew that we would sit back and invite a goal and said so to Telmc32. Feel sorry for Watt, not sure why he isn't getting more play time, not sure how he didn't get a pen.

I was on about when he beat a couple of players, then when he passed the ball, he got taken out from behind.
    If it is what I think you mean, it was a goo challenge
    watt went through a few players but took one touch to many the challenge came in and it fell to Buyens who had his shot blocked by the defenders hand, which is what everyone was claiming for
  • mogodon said:

Rob said:

I think it's all down to see who we get in over the next 2/3 days. That will really tell us a lot about RD. Not looking good is it! My club feels like it's going down the toilet I'm afraid. RD - it's all down to you. Do you have the bottle?

If - and it's a big if - we get anyone then you know with Roland it will be a cast-off from somewhere else round his pathetic empire. We need more than one or two players and also things that Roland's millions cannot buy - passion, belief, skill and a manager who gets the club
    @Mogodon, you're a hypnotic drug used for the short-term relief of severe, disabling anxiety.
    Questions - can I have some, and do they have similar for long-term variety?
    After Christophe's cameo, what sort of forward might we get in the transfer window if Roly has his way?
    We have become a club for clowns (present company excepted of course!)
  • edited January 2015
    4 extra minutes came up and I turned to the lad and said,' You watch them equalise...'

When they did,we turned to each other and just shrugged,which is understandable in a cynical fifty year old but not a 12 year old boy.

We went to the British Oak and had a game of darts which was far more entertaining.

• edited January 2015

cafc4life said:

colin1961 said:

Beckboy said:

The heart is being ripped out of our club by jonny foreigner's

jonny foreigner's what?
    Problem today was English players Wiggins and Harriott who had poor games

Colin the guy who thinks he knows everything charlton , but doesn't know that wiggins is welsh .
    And didn't notice that Harriott was our best player. He may have been poor in previous appearances but but in a shift with plenty of threat.
    U seriously are pissed Harriott our best player wiggins back to his best Jesus if I was u id stick to drinking coke.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    We are limited with three defensive minded players in our midfield four. Lepoint doesn't have the ability to improve this. Perhaps Bulot and eventually Moussa may give us an option. Hope we can increase our bid for Wallace.
  • At least we have a keeper that seems to know what he's doing, improvement over Etheridge (and Pope).
  • edited January 2015

Pretty grim stuff.
    With 2 defensive midfielders in the centre, and Cousins not a natural left winger, there was a desperate lack of support for the front 2, and swapping Watt for Igor just meant more of the same. Surely the point of playing Veljkovic is to have the other central midfielder further forward?
    Watt for Buyens, moving Harriott to the left with Cousins in the centre would have at least given us an additional attacking player on the pitch.

And why no other striker on the bench, surely one of Church or KAG should have been there?

Exactly what I was thinking and why I was so hacked off with the substitution plus all for those slagging off Harriott and Vetekele - what service did they get? Our midfield is one paced, no bite and nothing going forward - did it change when watt came on for vetekele? No.
    You'd expect a new coach/manager/puppet (whatever he is) to get some sort of reaction from the team but we are going backwards - was wavering over renewing my season ticket before the game - definitely won't be now - totally hacked off!
  • We are limited with three defensive minded players in our midfield four. Lepoint doesn't have the ability to improve this. Perhaps Bulot and eventually Moussa may give us an option. Hope we can increase our bid for Wallace.

I actually agree with u for once tonight but bulot and moussa ain't good enough we need a player in the middle who can dictate the way we play ie tempo movement someone who runs the show and the rest play around him , unfortunately we haven't had anyone since Andy reed and before him class Jensen .
  • Luzon looked like a fan who'd won the chance to be in the dugout. The squatting, the prancing, the movement as though getting in space for a pass, the limp hand waves and arm poses, the posturing to the ref, he was like a big kid... I can see why we were warned he's like a clown by our Belgian posters.

At one point he shouted instructions at Solly who just shook his head, another time at Bikey who glanced up and then ignored him.

On this afternoon's showing Watt has been Charltonised.... although given what he must be thinking seeing Harriot up front ahead of him I don't blame him too much for a drop in performance (also maybe training with Spongeboot all week is rubbing off on him)

Lepoint was a complete joke of a debut, just have to hope he improves when he's settled in more.

Our Spurs loanee is alright but no Coquelin that's for sure! The new keepers kicking might be long, but that's no good when it goes straight into the arms of the opposition goalie half the time!

We didn't deserve to win so a point a fair result. Worrying thing is this team has the vibe of previous relegation seasons, the fans seemed flat at the end too. Beginning to seriously fear that we'll get sucked into it and not get out. The fact that Luzon has lost the fans, and it seems the players, already, doesn't bode well for his ability to pull us out of it.

Dejected and depressed about the immediate future for Charlton. The names on the scoreboard before kick off were a good reminder though that come what may this is OUR club and we'll be here well after Roland and his puppets have shuffled off....

He wouldn't be. Massive gulf in class and quality between Arsenal and their ever overshadowed neighbour.
  • Sponsored links:

• That was bloody awful today. Too many players without any fight or heart. I am normally optimistic about our chances but after today's dire performance even I am starting to become concerned. Surely Gomez & Watt must start next week, only Solly TBH & Cousins came out of the game with any credit.
  • Absolutely woeful

Worst team seen at the valley this season*

*by that I mean us
  • Didn't go but sounded like two awful teams.

We are in terrible form and cant buy a win. Can't score goals and the midfield is massively unbalanced.

Need to get out of this form quickly. Got 3 tough games before we play Wigan and huddesfield.

Worrying times ahead. I think we will be in league 1 next season.
  • The booing of the substitution was classless from the fans. Vetokele was having a poor game and his substitution was completely justified, regardless of what your opinions of Harriott were
    ·

The reason the sub was booed was that we need to play two up front. Fact. Harriot is being played out of position. Let watt and IV have a chance to play together. We are in a real mess.
  • I've seen more entertaining chess games.

Absolute cack !
  • Disagree that Rotherham were the worst team at The Valley this season.

Blackpool, Brighton & Millwall were far worse.

Rotherham were pretty direct but they got the ball into our box a lot more than they should have.
    This is exactly what Charlton should be doing at the opposition end - we are simply not getting the ball into the oppo box enough.

Gudmundsson & Solly our best two.

Watt looks promising and hope he can get up to the required fitness level soon.

Thought we might have snatched a victory but as soon as Harriot went off, to be replaced by Gomez, I instinctively knew we were inviting trouble.

Heard that 2 Newcastle scouts have watched our last few games and my money's on them having JBG as a target - he is a very good footballer.

My big, big issue with this team is what the fook are we doing with our defending of set pieces and aerial balls in general? We have two of the best CB's in the division but as soon as the ball comes in from the flanks - and usually deep crosses, we are buggered.
    The full backs MUST play a role in defending these - it happens so often that the coaching staff must be either blind or daft - or both.