Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga - New Standard Liege Manager (again)

Comments

• Options
    Will the revolving doors be in place at the Valley before the next home game.
  • Options
    Not a transfer per se but a DONE DEAL nonetheless, and we have not had enough of those today. Former Blackpool and Charlton boss Jose Riga has been appointed manager at Standard Liege. Riga was previously in charge at the Belgian club between 2011 and 2012. "It was a quick and easy decision for me," he said. "I've come here to help the club."
  • Options

After all the things his son tweeted about RD #controlyourkidsjose

I must have missed this, what happened?

Jose son was on twitter replying to cafc fans about how his dad wanted to stay and was treated by RD terribly and that virtually Rd was an evil not to be trusted buffoon
  • Options

Jose son was on twitter replying to cafc fans about how his dad wanted to stay and was treated by RD terribly and that virtually Rd was an evil not to be trusted buffoon
    Smart kid
  • Options

Ha, good kid.

Maybe RD'd experiment is to see how far he can push the loyalty of a fan base. He seems to enjoy p****** off the fans of all his clubs.
  • Options
    I wonder if Roland can bring some fans across from one of his network clubs to fill the empty seats at the Valley?
  • Options
    Its starting to get funny.

I think Roland must be laughing his bollocks off, How can I make Ze fans angry today HUH huh huh.
  • Options

Its starting to get funny.

I think Roland must be laughing his bollocks off, How can I make Ze fans angry today HUH huh huh.

He achieves this everyday just by breathing (not wishing any ill will on the bloke btw)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just worked it out. Roland looked at what the league clubs do, i.e sack a manager, pay him off and he gets a job the following week at another club. Roland is buying enough clubs, players and manager's to start his own European league. He believes that he can keep things fresh by signing new player and manager's (moving them round) every few months and everyone feels that there is progress ;)

Seriously Jose can't really feel indebted to Roland after he's been sacked by him twice. Can he?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    He wasn't sacked twice though. 1st time Riga walked out on RD and 2nd time Riga's contract ended.
  • Options

He wasn't sacked twice though. !st time Riga walked out on RD.

It's all a script, SouthEastenders.
  • Options

He wasn't sacked twice though. !st time Riga walked out on RD.

Oh yes forgot. Probably constructive dismissal. Well he'll have been sacked by him twice by the end of the season.

What's the longest any network manager has lasted in post?
  • Options
    Only in football does something so weirdly out of tune with normal business practice happen. Which is weird in itself as RD's experiment is all about applying sound business practices to a sport.

Beyond parody as a strange bloke once said...
  • Options
    Mental what's going on.
  • Options
    So was Riga loaned to Oyston? Are Oyston and Roland buddies from some Swiss clinic?
  • Options
    Its musical chairs. I love musical chairs!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, will still be supporting Luzon and the squad. COYR!
  • Options
    Riga has never been sacked by RD. The first time Riga left of his own accord and the 2nd time his short term contract was not renewed.

I have to say I think sralan has just coined the new descriptor for Roland - the cunning plan is however so cunning I am not sure even the guy that thought it up knows exactly what it is supposed to achieve. I thought I had worked with some truly bizarre executives in my time but good old RD is up their with the best.

In a way I have to admit I can simply not stop smiling - it is either truly inspired or truly bonkers!!! If I actually met RD I am not sure I could keep a straight face. You do have to wonder quite how the guys' brain is wired.

No doubt Ivan Vukomanović (the now former Liege caretaker head coach) who to be fair has only been coaching since 2013 will be popping up soon in SE7 to strengthen our Serbian connection.

In any event many congratulations to Riga - I wish him well in his new role. After working for the Oystons in Blackpool working for RD must be a walk in the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks like Jose Riga first time around at Standard: July 2011-May 2012 or possibly Petrik Sander at FC Carl Zeiss Jena depending on when Duchatelet took charge (November 2011-September 2013)

Even Ujpest where he isn't the direct owner, their longest serving coach was from July 2012-March 2013 and surprisingly was a Belgian. In fact since his son took ownership of the club they've gone through six coaches in four seasons!

Worrying stuff...
  • Options
    Encouraging. Hopefully Katrien Meire will be the next mover to one of the smaller network clubs where she can do less damage, although I guess that would mean a shortlist of more Yes Men.
  • Options

I have to applaud all those CL pundits who said, when RD took over, that these would be interesting times. I bet none of us predicted that Luzon would be coaching Charlton and Riga would be coaching Standard within a year. For his next trick, RD will kill Batman.

Only the Joker would come out with something like that. :wink:
  • Options
    I know I keep posting this, and it is hardly in English, but it is from March 27th last year when Riga had been appointed Charlton Athletic manager/coach, and Luzon was manager/coach of Standard de Liege.
    Please remember that when Luzon had his first press conference at Charlton he said he knew about us because of his dealings last year. Riga was appointed when we already had Reza and Astrit for example.
    And now we are here some 45 weeks later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qroJLsECsFY
  • Options

Looks like Jose Riga first time around at Standard: July 2011-May 2012 or possibly Petrik Sander at FC Carl Zeiss Jena depending on when Duchatelet took charge (November 2011-September 2013)

Even Ujpest where he isn't the direct owner, their longest serving coach was from July 2012-March 2013 and surprisingly was a Belgian. In fact since his son took ownership of the club they've gone through six coaches in four seasons!

Worrying stuff...
    RD bought Jena about the same time as he bought us.

• Options
    This proves that once you join the network, you never leave the network
  • Options
    Utter f***ing madness
  • Options
    Roly, ya feckin' dildo, you are plainly barking. Why oh why couldn't you have just given him a contract here?!?

F*** this bollox!!!! :angry: