Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

Comments

• Options
    Oakster2 said:
    They really are the ultimate Marketing Department project - everything about them is contrived from this preposterous fake history to their fans stealing European fan culture - we may be shit but at least we’re genuine.
    Even changed their nickname from the traditional glazers, a nickname they had for a reason, to the more commercially viable Eagles. 

Plastic club. 
    Exactly.

Come on you Valiants!
    What!? I thought we were the Robins! 
  • Options
    I thought Palaces own historian had put this oldest club nonsense to bed?
    They are the oldest club in the same way that they were the ‘team of the 80s’, i.e., another club actually is / was
  • Options
    One of their bits of "evidence" is that a bloke played for the old club that folded and also the 1905 version. This is like saying Liverpool are a continuation of Charlton because Joe Gomez played for both! Case unproven m'lud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not embarrassing, they play them every season and have them again shortly, lot of money for some people.

Seen a few Charlton fans trying to 'banter' Palace fans about it but that was our first time against them in 16 bloody years. 

We will take less than a thousand to Bolton and Wigan most likely so I don't think we can make too much fun. 
    Remembering 'Dennis in the last minute' and Mr Fortune is all we need to know.
  • Options
    That’s a good turnout for a midweek,  live on telly , league cup game at a ground they’ve been to 11 times in ten years .

• Options
    That’s a good turnout for a midweek,  live on telly , league cup game at a ground they’ve been to 11 times in ten years .

I guess the equivalent for Charlton would be when we had been in the PL for a number of years and had a midweek replay at Middlesbrough, a team and place equally attractive as Man Utd and Old Trafford in the same competition live on tv, hardly anybody went to that…
  • Options
    I think this is a non story. I'll look through I-tube later for some of their games doing sill dances on trains. I'll post anything I find just to get this thread back on track
  • Options
    Have they excavated and dug up the original ancient Ronald MacDonald in the land around Stonehenge yet?
  • Options

Exactly. We're in a glass house with this one. I mean, we failed to sell out Tottenham in the Prem more than once, QPR midweek in one of our Champo relegation seasons we had about 800. Imagine what that would look like in the Jimmy Seed. We'd be in hysterics if a London team rocked up with those numbers. 

Our away support has improved in recent times but I've been part of too many tiny followings to be overly critical of others, even those absolute clowns who may or may not be in London and may or may not have been formed in the 19th century. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Have they excavated and dug up the original ancient Ronald MacDonald in the land around Stonehenge yet?
    What?
  • Options
    Crystal Palace have an obsession with (false) history and as a football club they have the authenticity of MacDonalds.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Oakster2 said:
    They really are the ultimate Marketing Department project - everything about them is contrived from this preposterous fake history to their fans stealing European fan culture - we may be shit but at least we’re genuine.
    Even changed their nickname from the traditional glazers, a nickname they had for a reason, to the more commercially viable Eagles. 

Plastic club. 
    Exactly.

Come on you Valiants!
    What!? I thought we were the Robins!

I still see myself as a Valiant even got a Valiant badge tat on my leg 
    Hated the change to  the addicks never heard of us being called that before it happened
    because someone use to stick a stick up a fishes arse & wave it about ffs
    What's that all about 

• Options
    Tbf they are back there on Saturday in the Prem.
  • Options
    what is that? can't get X at work?

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Video of a Nigel throwing a coin at a person videoing him, presumably at Manure away at the weekend - a real hard man when in safety of away end 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Video of a Nigel throwing a coin at a person videoing him, presumably at Manure away at the weekend - a real hard man when in safety of away end 
    It's from a while back I think, sure I've seen that before - remember the way he checks his change to make sure he's only chucking a few pence.
    I know mummy and daddy have a nice detached place in Godalming, but why is Nigel throwing away pocket money at those Northern types?