Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First time in my supporting life i can see the club folding (Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    masicat said:

Rotherham away Saturday is their Cup Final. Last time they played in a Cup Final they didn't have a kick for 83 minutes.

Not quite true. Weren't they kicking seven bells out of each other throughout the game??
  • Options
    No one watches us, but we don't care.
  • Options

I'm not sure why anyone would want to revel in any team possibily folding - even Millwall.
    Football historically is a massive part of people's life in London I for one hate to see clubs fold.
    While I wish our friends from down the road all the bad luck on the pitch .
    Off it, the rivalry between us is part of supporting Charlton.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options

I'm not sure why anyone would want to revel in any team possibily folding - even Millwall.
    Football historically is a massive part of people's life in London I for one hate to see clubs fold.

We still have Palarse that's more than enough. :wink:
  • Options
    I'm not convinced that I want to see them fold completely. A big drop down the leagues and an enforced tenancy at somewhere like Fisher would suit me fine.
  • Options
    Holloway must be costing Millwall a fortune, the number of players he's brought in over the last 2 months, after similarly signing far too many players for Palace after they got promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The mugs don't realise that Berylson is bankrolling them. They are apparently losing £10m pa. Much bigger wage bill than us apparently. The ground thing is a reference to something Lewisham are up to. @sparrows lane lion was trying to do something about that but he suffers from being in a small minority down there who have brains.

Personally I don't think they're at that stage just yet. I wish them to get thumped every week, but not go out out of business. And although I wouldn't personally go on a Millwall forum, @Big_Bad_World @MillwallFan and @Sparrows Lane Lion are quite decent posters and have made some decent contributions on here.

• Options
    First fixtures i look for each season along with the Nigels when they are also in our league. Get rid of local rivalries and the football calendar would be completely turgid. Will normally raise a smile when I see them or Palace lose but no way I would want either of them to fold.
  • Options
    Roland is destroying the soul of our club
  • Options

Good post. We need to be careful about giving it large as its only February. I reckon Millwall will stay up and let's not forget they won at Forest and Birmingham the other week. They appear capable of pulling off a big result if they really need to somewhere and I don't think that Rotherham are. They will get something up there Saturday. Don't particularly want to see anyone go out of business either. It'd just be good to beat them occasionally.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure where their worry is? Sadly Berylson is still keeping them afloat and I have not heard he is about to call it quits? Also I fully expect them to beat Rotherham on Saturday and stay up yet again on the last day. Plus they have a Cup Final on Good Friday to look forward to? The only plus from our side is Ollie somehow is still in a job.....
  • Options
    "No perspective buyer"?

Lets face it, if anyone had any proper perspective they would never be a buyer of that mob would they?!
  • Options
    I might be completely wrong, but I honestly don't think Millwall will go bust, they always find a way out of whatever mess they are in.

I spoke to a spanner recently who hoped they would get relegated, so they could come back stronger.......
  • Options

Now if it was The Nigels...

I'd pay good money to see the look on those stripey mugs as their club disappears. Sadly it will never happen.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

I'd pay good money to see the look on those stripey mugs as their club disappears. Sadly it will never happen.....
    This. I hate Palace more than Millwall and Celtic combined.

• Options
    Yes, Palace disappearing would just be doing football a favour. Nigel 'ultra' mugs. Millwall are a proper football club but my preference would be to see them disappear to L2 for the next 20 years.
  • Options
    No problem with a bit of rivalry, but after working in Deptford for a few years and knowing some Millwall supporters, I personally would not like to see them fold, relegation yes, but not fold.
  • Options
    Can't stand em, goes back 50 years but that's another story. Should have been slung out by the FA decades ago for their notoriety. No one likes em so why should I care!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I got into a slanging match with a Nigel on reddit last week, it's been so long since I spoke to one it really stoked my desperation to see them beneath us again. And I started thinking, if they came down and screwed up the first season like we did, would they plummet? Or is the PL earning them so much money now that they'll have a better shot at returning than we did?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

1StevieG said:

I got into a slanging match with a Nigel on reddit last week, it's been so long since I spoke to one it really stoked my desperation to see them beneath us again. And I started thinking, if they came down and screwed up the first season like we did, would they plummet? Or is the PL earning them so much money now that they'll have a better shot at returning than we did?
    With AP in charge we have a good chance.
  • Options
    Our pet spanners must be still in hibernation, i'm surprised Millwallfan hasn't been along yet with his razor like wit to tell us we're all obsessed.