Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First time in my supporting life i can see the club folding (Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Had a load of support at boro tonight

No home supporters near them to attack, must have ruined their evening...
  • Options
    Not sure if they're going to fold, but they definitely look like they're going to get relegated !
  • Options
    Their goal difference is 8 worse than Rotherham's now as well, and 10 worse than Wigan
  • Options
    Wigan have 6 of the top 8 still to come, starting with a visit to Norwich on Wed eve, so it's looking even worse for them, but they do have some quality in their squad that Millwall don't:

Norwich V Wigan Wed 4 Mar 19:45
    Wigan V Leeds Sat 7 Mar 15:00
    Rotherham V Wigan Sat 14 Mar 15:00
    Wigan V Watford Tue 17 Mar 19:45
    Wigan V Bolton Sat 21 Mar 15:00
    Middlesbrough V Wigan Fri 3 Apr 15:00
    Wigan V Derby Mon 6 Apr 15:00
    Fulham V Wigan Fri 10 Apr 20:00
    Millwall V Wigan Tue 14 Apr 19:45
    Wigan V Brighton Sat 18 Apr 15:00
    Wigan V Wolves Sat 25 Apr 15:00
    Brentford V Wigan Sat 2 May 12:15
  • Options
    I see Wigan still have to play Rotherham and Millwall!
  • Options
    It's still mathematically possible for us to send them down, but it would take a pretty unlikely combination of results:

Millwall to lose all 5 matches between now and then
    Rotherham to win 4 and a draw 1
    Fulham to win 3 and draw 2
    Brighton to win 3 and draw 1
    Reading, Bolton & Leeds to win 3
    Huddersfield & Birmingham to win 2 and draw 2
    Cardiff to win 2
    Charlton & Blackburn win 1 and draw 2
    Sheff Wed to win 1 and draw 1

Ah well, I can dream, cant I? Anyway, it will still be good hammering a nail into their coffin even if we will still be waiting for someone else to finish the job.
  • Options

Looking forward to good Friday and singing we'll never play you again
    We'll never play you again

Don't get too cocky when it comes to that lot, as it can bite you on the arse. Whilst they still have a chance of staying up (3 points on good Friday) then expect the unexpected.
  • Options

I've worked it out that they will get a further 16 points.

16 pts from 11 games??? SHG, you are someone whose posts who I often agree with, but surely not :wink:

They aren't averaging a point a game, I can't see that upping to 1.5 in the final 11.
  • Options
    Stig said:

It's still mathematically possible for us to send them down, but it would take a pretty unlikely combination of results:

Millwall to lose all 5 matches between now and then
    Rotherham to win 4 and a draw 1
    Fulham to win 3 and draw 2
    Brighton to win 3 and draw 1
    Reading, Bolton & Leeds to win 3
    Huddersfield & Birmingham to win 2 and draw 2
    Cardiff to win 2
    Charlton & Blackburn win 1 and draw 2
    Sheff Wed to win 1 and draw 1

Ah well, I can dream, cant I? Anyway, it will still be good hammering a nail into their coffin even if we will still be waiting for someone else to finish the job.

To be able to do those permutations at 1.27am is a talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can certainly put the finishing touches to the coffin, just won't be able to nail it down.
  • Options
    Stig said:

As they say, 'fixed that for you' ;-)

cabbles said:

To be able to do those permutations at 1.27am is a talent stupid waste of time that only a complete nutter would contemplate.

Also, can all of those permutations actually happen given their fixtures and run in. Ie have you checked who is playing who. If Reading, Bolton & Leeds win 3 does that mean Huddersfield can't win 2 and draw 2. If you are going to post this Stig then I expect absolute perfection :
  • Options

Disgrace that the league organise fixtures so that a team from London has to travel up to the northeast on a Tuesday night

You could argue that it's better to play the closer games on a weekend so kids can attend them after all, they are the future.

Personally I think they just sort out the ones they want to attend themselves then get pissed and do the rest of the fixture with a calendar and darts with different teams flights.
  • Options

Disgrace that the league organise fixtures so that a team from London has to travel up to the northeast on a Tuesday night

Nothing new there. Newcastle away 1990, Wednesday night. Sunderland away 1994, Tuesday night.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Stig said:

cabbles said:

To be able to do those permutations at 1.27am is a talent stupid waste of time that only a complete nutter would contemplate.

Also, can all of those permutations actually happen given their fixtures and run in. Ie have you checked who is playing who. If Reading, Bolton & Leeds win 3 does that mean Huddersfield can't win 2 and draw 2. If you are going to post this Stig then I expect absolute perfection :
    The following shows one combination of how it is possible. However it needs Birmingham to get three wins rather than 2 wins & 2 draws and crucially requires Reading to beat Charlton. Personally, I'd take it like a shot, if it was on offer. Think of the fun we had relegating Palace and remember that that wouldn't have been possible if we hand't lost to West Brom.

Rotherham to beat Wigan, Forest, Wednesday & Brum and draw with Huddersfield
    Fulham to beat Bournemouth, Brentford & Wednesday and get draws with Leeds and Udders
    Brighton to beat Wolves, Millwall, Norwich and draw with Blackburn
    Reading to beat Watford, Birmingham & Charlton
    Bolton to beat Millwall, Ipswich and Wigan
    Leeds to beat Ipswich, Wigan & Forest
    Udders to beat Norwich & Birmingham and draw with Fulham & Rotherham
    Birmingham to beat Blackpool, Derby & Cardiff
    Cardiff to beat Brentford & Bournemouth
    Charlton to beat Millwall and Blackpool
    Blackburn to beat Wednesday & Brentford
    Wendies to beat Wolves & Blackpool
  • Options
    Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

cabbles said:

The following shows one combination of how it is possible. However it needs Birmingham to get three wins rather than 2 wins & 2 draws and crucially requires Reading to beat Charlton. Personally, I'd take it like a shot, if it was on offer. Think of the fun we had relegating Palace and remember that that wouldn't have been possible if we hand't lost to West Brom.

Fulham to beat Bournemouth, Brentford & Wednesday and get draws with Leeds and Udders
    Nice work! What's the odds on that coming to fruition then? Forget that stick a £1 on it for me I'll settle up next time I see you, I've always wanted to be a millionaire :wink: .
  • Options
    Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

cabbles said:

Brilliant.
  • Options
    we ll crucify them on good friday
  • Options
    Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

cabbles said:

what a waste of time.

haven't you got some timelines to finish : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry ;-(
  • Options
    lolwray said:

we ll crucify them on good friday

And on Easter Sunday, Birmingham will get a record points deduction, and Millwall will be resurrected.
  • Options
    There's a Millwall fan at work who is really complimentary about Charlton's form and reflective about Millwall's current situation. It's really weirding me out
  • Options

Very good and another great scoop for our resident lol / like attention seeker.

Haven't you got a film review to write? I was getting worried for a while because it seemed to go quiet. But then I realised piratebay was down. Must be back up as I was glad to see your back to your usual output. Or did you get another parcel of region 4 dvd's?
    ;-)

Haven't you got a film review to write? I was getting worried for a while because it seemed to go quiet. But then I realised piratebay was down. Must be back up as I was glad to see your back to your usual output. Or did you get another parcel of region 4 dvd's?
    ;-)
    Touch a nerve did i Mr Troll.
    Is that the best you can come up with BadSadDick.
  • Options

;-)

;-)
    get a room you two
  • Options
    Uboat said:

;-)

;-)
    Booooom!

Some advice - when using the phrase 'Is that the best you can come up with?' don't then follow it with the worst thing anyone has ever come up with.
    Don't say that to the lovely Malaysian lady who came up with this gem.
  • Options

Wigan have 6 of the top 8 still to come, starting with a visit to Norwich on Wed eve, so it's looking even worse for them, but they do have some quality in their squad that Millwall don't:

Norwich V Wigan Wed 4 Mar 19:45 WON 1-0
    Wigan V Leeds Sat 7 Mar 15:00
    Rotherham V Wigan Sat 14 Mar 15:00
    Wigan V Watford Tue 17 Mar 19:45
    Wigan V Bolton Sat 21 Mar 15:00
    Middlesbrough V Wigan Fri 3 Apr 15:00
    Wigan V Derby Mon 6 Apr 15:00
    Fulham V Wigan Fri 10 Apr 20:00
    Millwall V Wigan Tue 14 Apr 19:45
    Wigan V Brighton Sat 18 Apr 15:00
    Wigan V Wolves Sat 25 Apr 15:00
    Brentford V Wigan Sat 2 May 12:15

Well, Wigan cleared the first hurdle successfully, now 22nd above Millwall on goal difference. Three wins, all on the road, from their last five. At the moment, they really look like more of a threat to Rotherham than Millwall do.

No movement 19 Brighton 35 -3 40
    No movement 20 Fulham 35 -13 39
    No movement 21 Rotherham 35 -18 37
    Moving up 22 Wigan 35 -15 31
    Moving down 23 Millwall 35 -26 31
    No movement 24 Blackpool 35 -40 22