Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayor Sol Campbell anyone ?

Comments

• Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/01/sol-campbell-may-stand-tory-mp-malcolm-rifkind-seat

Now considering standing as the Tory candidate in Kensington, the seat being vacated by Malcolm Rifkind, the bloke embroiled in cash-for-access claims

Deluded is the word that comes to mind.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JohnBoyUK said:

WayneK said:

I'm a Tory voter ( in case you wondered) but I don't know if I could vote for Sol. And it's got nothing to do with his skin colour before anyone asks.

I'm a staunch Tory voter too but I can assure you that if Campbell stands as a Tory, I wont be voting Tory!
    Meanwhile whichever shaved chimp that's wearing a red rosette is already guaranteed nearly half the vote regardless of their views/qualifications.
    Boris Johnson...
  • Options
    I'd rather vote for this Sol (and I don't really like it):

Reminds me of what that bloke from The Hotel said: "if someone asked me to be Prime Minister, I'd give it a go, I wouldn't know what I was doing but I'd give it a go."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Would they accept a mayor who spent most of his year injured?
    Anyway he would probably switch to the rival party after a couple of years.
  • Options
    blokes got a potato farm on his shoulder
  • Options
    Halix said:

Would they accept a major who spent most of his year injured?

Probably not as the Army has quite a strict medical regime on entry and he'd have to work his way up from Officer Cadet at Sandhurst. :smiley:
  • Options
    I wondered how long it would be before he mentioned "the Black vote" - turns out it was there from the outset.

When is he going to get off his high horse and just acknowledge shit happens. It's nothing to do with the colour of his skin that people think he's an idiot - it's the fact the he is an idiot.
  • Options
    He's going for Mayor now, the other week I read he was going for the Villa job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wants to be an MP too - maybe.

theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/01/sol-campbell-may-stand-tory-mp-malcolm-rifkind-seat

My mate's a councillor for Chelsea Riverside in the RBKC, as a Chelsea supporter not sure he'd be too pleased at the idea of selecting Sol as a parliamentary candidate!
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks Sol Campbell is going to waltz in and take one of the safest - and most sought after - Tory seats in the country is an utter moron.

That includes you Sol.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

He's going for Mayor now, the other week I read he was going for the Villa job.

No that was another former Spurs moron.
  • Options
    I know Sherwood got the job but I read that Campbell was interested too.
  • Options
    Why the fuck does there have to be a black / white / purple or Orange vote? The London Mayor is supposed to be looking after the people of London, the whole of London, not a select few basing their judgement on his colour. This guy needs to just fuck off, he is such an irrelevant creature who is wasting more and more oxygen daily with his drivel.

First Boris, then him.............imagine it. One clown followed by another.
  • Options
    I guess people want to vote for whoever they believe understands their issues and concerns. That rules out sol Campbell then
  • Options

Anyone who thinks Sol Campbell is going to waltz in and take one of the safest - and most sought after - Tory seats in the country is an utter moron.

That includes you Sol.

No one thinks he's going to win!
  • Options

That includes you Sol.

I thought he was in with a shout!

; )
  • Options

That includes you Sol.

He probably does!
  • Options

That includes you Sol.

He probably does!
    Makes two of us then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Haha brilliant!

Sums it up very well.

He applied for the Villa job apparently, which is half of the problem - he expects to be handed a top from nothing because he used to be a good centre back, and isn't willing to work.his way up.
  • Options
    It sounds like he's been smoking too much skunk (allegedly etc etc).
  • Options
    Almost worth moving back to The Smoke to vote for him. C'mon R'Sol for Mayor!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    He looks like Voldemort there.

Not sure why he's only encouraging black people to vote, rather than everyone, but it's still possibly the least objectionable thing I think I've ever seen him do.
  • Options
    How do I sign up for this operation black vote?
  • Options

He looks like Voldemort there.

Not sure why he's only encouraging black people to vote, rather than everyone, but it's still the least objectionable thing I think I've ever seen him do.

Not only does he look like Voldemort but he's almost been photoshopped white
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

My guess is he was watching The Wire in his quest to become an actor, got to season four and decided to do the mayor thing instead.

As an MP, he would be sheeeeiiiit!

;-)
  • Options