Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Prices Frozen for 2015/16 - only if you bought after the early bird prices last year ?

15678911»

Comments

• Options

Did not renew this season because I could not afford it. However I have only had 3 games this season, in which I have not managed to grab a spare from someone for a match.

Think I will try my luck with getting a zone 6 seat after April.

You might want to do it before April 10th as they have now said categorically that prices will rise after this date.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-201516-season-ticket-information-2310568.aspx

And I guess next year they will try and say prices have been frozen even though they will have been raised again....

• Options
    edited March 2015

Did not renew this season because I could not afford it. However I have only had 3 games this season, in which I have not managed to grab a spare from someone for a match.

Think I will try my luck with getting a zone 6 seat after April.

You might want to do it before April 10th as they have now said categorically that prices will rise after this date.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-201516-season-ticket-information-2310568.aspx

And I guess next year they will try and say prices have been frozen even though they will have been raised again....

I convinced myself that the prices were only for current season tickets holders.

I would be classed as a new season ticket holders as well which is a result.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    Can now be renewed online.
  • Options
    Not sending out application forms is a mistake, the news shopper had a spanners' form in it last season.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

seems to crash when I want to buy on-line!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    I

Dansk_Red said:

I've just renewed mine OK.

It wouldn't move on when I was clicking confirm.

Noticed that it was asking for title even when the field was not marked up as mandatory. Once I added Mr it worked fine.
  • Options

I

Dansk_Red said:

I've just renewed mine OK.

It wouldn't move on when I was clicking confirm.

Noticed that it was asking for title even when the field was not marked up as mandatory. Once I added Mr it worked fine.
    Will only move on if you input either "Yann" or "SCP", Clem

:wink:

• Options
    The other thing about online renewals, shouldn't the club have a bit more security around it's season ticket holders? After all there's nothing stopping you from guessing any CON number on the online renewal form to find out the identity of people and where they sit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The other thing about online renewals, shouldn't the club have a bit more security around it's season ticket holders? After all there's nothing stopping you from guessing any CON number on the online renewal form to find out the identity of people and where they sit.

Fair enough but what could they do with that info?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Not a lot in all honesty but would this not be a breach of any Data Protection acts? I'm just being picky lol
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Not a lot in all honesty but would this not be a breach of any Data Protection acts? I'm just being picky lol
    Possibly but I'm not an expert
  • Options
    I doubt a bank would give you an account if you identified yourself by name, zone, stand, block, row and seat.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Actually just thought of a potential issue. By obtaining somebody's name and CON number a non season ticket holder could potentially phone the club with all the information they need to be able to buy high demand away tickets in somebody else's name. Do away tickets even need to be delivered to the address held for the ST holder?

Then when the real ST holder contacts the club and wishes to obtain tickets they could be told by the club "sorry we already sold you the 2 tickets earlier this morning you were allowed to buy"
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Actually just thought of a potential issue. By obtaining somebody's name and CON number a non season ticket holder could potentially phone the club with all the information they need to be able to buy high demand away tickets in somebody else's name. Do away tickets even need to be delivered to the address held for the ST holder?

Then when the real ST holder contacts the club and wishes to obtain tickets they could be told by the club "sorry we already sold you the 2 tickets earlier this morning you were allowed to buy"
    Would fall down when the club asked you to confirm your address. You ain't getting that info from the season ticket renewal.

• Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Would fall down when the club asked you to confirm your address. You ain't getting that info from the season ticket renewal.

Fair enough and that what's I suspected but I thought all the club required was the CON number and didn't need the address? Can't honestly remember.
  • Options
    Just renewed ours on line last night - no surcharge for credit cards and all done in two minutes.

£375 (less Valley Gold discount) is very reasonable for Block F in the East Stand. I've got no issue with the £25 increase - particularly in the light of the £100 reduction last season (the commercial rationale of which I've never understood).
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

The person who bought the tickets could be identified by the credit/debit card they used when they bought them on the phone.
  • Options
    Well when they did send out forms last year, half of them had someone else's details on anyway, so maybe this is progress.