Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Prices Frozen for 2015/16 - only if you bought after the early bird prices last year ?

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

I am surprised that Airman opposes the £175 season tickets . He was part of a regime that kept prices down in the Premiership years and I know that he fought battles with other senior employees at the club about this . The fact that we have kept prices affordable is great in my view whatever the marketing or so called loss of revenue is . It is one of things that has kept Charlton special for me . I accept that they should be stewarded better . Also in terms of revenue for some it might be a major factor in whether or not to renew.

On a day across the River when West Ham were charging £44 to the Nigels , we offered Football for a Fiver . We should celebrate this and publicise the affordability of the Valley.

That doesn't mean that all cheap prices in all combinations are sensible. We always set out to maximise revenue and I don't believe you do that by having a price range that goes from £175 to £525 in the same seating section. Nobody could sensibly believe that the central seats offer three times the value of the wing ones in the lower west.

As in the east, the club is inviting people to abuse the price structure and given what has happened over this season it will be clear that there is no genuine intention to manage the situation. If you trash the integrity of your own offer you are likely to get what you deserve.

I think the club was foolish to reduce prices to the extent it did last season. Of course low prices are popular and the lower they go the more popular they will be, but as Katrien says the club is a business. Pricing is not a popularity contest.

Despite all that, they have a decent offer and an opportunity to market it arising from recent results. Yesterday was great in that respect. I was at a party with a number of other fans last night and we were all enthused by it. But once again the club has upset supporters by bungling the presentation of the prices. It's not just on here. I had a string of people coming up to me to voice their complaints before the game, at which stage I hadn't even read the programme.

• Options
    If ST prices had been left the same people would moan that they should have gone down, should have gone up or the cheeky A blockers should be punished

If ST prices had gone down the 5 year people would have moaned and anyone else who wants to have a special seat away from the rabble would have felt dirtied

If ST prices had gone up everyone would moan

If U11s are free those without U11s moan

If 60 becomes 65 all the 59 year olds moan

Has anyone moaned about Crossbars changes yet ?

If they gave STs away people would moan
  • Options
    Well. This season my seat in A Block cost me £110, because I am over sixty. Using the information in yesterday's programme, my season ticket will cost me £175, because they have increase the concession to 65+. That is a more than 50% increase. Immaterial really because I have made up my mind not to renew. Does that count as a revenue loss to the club. If you sell up Roland, do it once I'm 65.
  • Options

What are the changes?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

It's now called Goalposts
    Thought it was centre circle, with a free shag.

• Options

Richard J said:

I am surprised that Airman opposes the £175 season tickets . He was part of a regime that kept prices down in the Premiership years and I know that he fought battles with other senior employees at the club about this . The fact that we have kept prices affordable is great in my view whatever the marketing or so called loss of revenue is . It is one of things that has kept Charlton special for me . I accept that they should be stewarded better . Also in terms of revenue for some it might be a major factor in whether or not to renew.

On a day across the River when West Ham were charging £44 to the Nigels , we offered Football for a Fiver . We should celebrate this and publicise the affordability of the Valley.

That doesn't mean that all cheap prices in all combinations are sensible. We always set out to maximise revenue and I don't believe you do that by having a price range that goes from £175 to £525 in the same seating section. Nobody could sensibly believe that the central seats offer three times the value of the wing ones in the lower west.

As in the east, the club is inviting people to abuse the price structure and given what has happened over this season it will be clear that there is no genuine intention to manage the situation. If you trash the integrity of your own offer you are likely to get what you deserve.

I think the club was foolish to reduce prices to the extent it did last season. Of course low prices are popular and the lower they go the more popular they will be, but as Katrien says the club is a business. Pricing is not a popularity contest.

Despite all that, they have a decent offer and an opportunity to market it arising from recent results. Yesterday was great in that respect. I was at a party with a number of other fans last night and we were all enthused by it. But once again the club has upset supporters by bungling the presentation of the prices. It's not just on here. I had a string of people coming up to me to voice their complaints before the game, at which stage I hadn't even read the programme.

I don't disagree about the stewarding, but I know a lot of long term fans who probably wouldn't renew but have because of these prices.

Football is not affordable for the masses anymore and this offer does something positive about that. As someone who was at the forefront of Football for a Fiver you should be proud that your legacy continues.

It wasn't just the football, but the atmosphere yesterday was superb.
  • Options
    When all is said and done I'm getting a central seat with a great view for just over £16 a game. I'm happy.

Now, if someone can put a strait jacket on the fidget arse who sits next to me I'd be delirious.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Addickted said:

A 32 year old will be paying the same ST price as a 22 year old though.

I have a 22 year old who works for me that has a mortgage. Mind you, feck knows how she can afford it.

Why doesn't she live in the servant's quarters with your other staff?
  • Options

Well. This season my seat in A Block cost me £110, because I am over sixty. Using the information in yesterday's programme, my season ticket will cost me £175, because they have increase the concession to 65+. That is a more than 50% increase. Immaterial really because I have made up my mind not to renew. Does that count as a revenue loss to the club. If you sell up Roland, do it once I'm 65.

From my understanding of the situation your ST next year will be £135.

That works out at £5.87 per match.

You bastard Roland.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Where is this in writing or are you speculating?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Where is this in writing or are you speculating?

I may have that wrong, but I'm sure the Club will confirm before the end of this month.

One thing I'm fairly sure about is that apart from last season, you could not purchase an adult season ticket in the East Stand since it's been opened for £175.

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

I thought I'd heard it was becoming a bit more open-access
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:

I don't disagree about the stewarding, but I know a lot of long term fans who probably wouldn't renew but have because of these prices.

Football is not affordable for the masses anymore and this offer does something positive about that. As someone who was at the forefront of Football for a Fiver you should be proud that your legacy continues.

It wasn't just the football, but the atmosphere yesterday was superb.
    Understood, however, by the time you factor in those trading down from higher-priced areas who would renew anyway and add back the revenue that those priced in to STs would have spent on match tickets, I doubt if it makes much commercial sense, even without the issue of people relocating to more expensive seats match by match. One of the reasons for the big shortfall between the club's announced attendances and actual people in the stadium is that the season-ticket pricing makes it worthwhile to buy even if you don't plan to attend every game. At £150 (now £175) you need to attend fewer than half the matches to make a season-ticket worthwhile, far fewer than that unless you are buying £15 match tickets. There isn't any financial gain to the club if the people buying the tickets would attend even semi-regularly without a season ticket. The net gain to the club is what they pay over and above what they would have with match tickets.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The information was in yesterday's programme. Did not get one

The information will be on the website shortly. Was due before the Huddersfield game

The information will be reported on various forums. A lot of mis-information

The 2015/16 season commences in August. That's true

There are no early bird reductions. (Does that mean the price will not rise after 10th April?) The statement was in the last paragraph on the OS

No need to panic about 'lack of information' No panic

Thank you, Sergeant Jones.....

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

No, it's in the renewal leaflet
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

Is that the leaflet you can get from the ticket office? (And presumably available on the OS at some point)
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Dansk_Red said:

PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

Is that the leaflet you can get from the ticket office? (And presumably available on the OS at some point)
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CatAddick said:

Dansk_Red said:

PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

Yes
    Ta. I'll pick one up Tuesday if not on the web by then.
  • Options

Stu, the Trust were/still are seeking meaningful dialogue with the club about the outline strategy (not every detail nor commercial confidences) as, in the past, Charlton enjoyed great success with such a model, it strengthened the connection between owners and fans through thick and thin and we all mutually benefited. Some might say it became a positive part of our culture.

The current owners dismissed this, only wanting our input re "building attendances" and operational issues re fans' forum. We have been providing this all along where asked, but in the end, the whole thing really needs to go hand-in-hand, doesn't it?

It is difficult to help with initiatives on attendance if you don't know the priorities eg fill the Valley no matter the price or bring in younger supporters and not bother re older supporters or attract new fans from SW London or promote the club as edgy/sexy etc etc. What exactly are the objectives?

The Trust were not consulted at all re season tickets nor were any other fan groups to my knowledge, which is a shame, as once again we are left with some of our most loyal fans feeling as though their support is not valued.

I don't want to stir up trouble but they did ask for the Trust's help but the Trust declined anything other than an audience with the very senior management team.

Katrien mentioned this at Ashford last week and gave the impression that she thought it was a snub by the Trust.

I know views differ but had the Trust turned up to the meeting they might have been told what you say you would need to know. Asking for the CEO of a multi-million pound company to explain that to you before you decided to help, or not, makes you (those that declined the opportunity) look arrogant.

Just my view.
  • Options
    Sorry if I've missed it, but does anyone know why it isn't on the OS yet?
  • Options

How can I put this, if you don't fuckin like it don't buy one,for fuck sake it's simple.

It's about being lied to. Maybe you're alright with that, others are not.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

PL54 said:

Dansk_Red said:

What are the changes?

Speculation

Have you seen one?

• Options

Stu, the Trust were/still are seeking meaningful dialogue with the club about the outline strategy (not every detail nor commercial confidences) as, in the past, Charlton enjoyed great success with such a model, it strengthened the connection between owners and fans through thick and thin and we all mutually benefited. Some might say it became a positive part of our culture.

The current owners dismissed this, only wanting our input re "building attendances" and operational issues re fans' forum. We have been providing this all along where asked, but in the end, the whole thing really needs to go hand-in-hand, doesn't it?

It is difficult to help with initiatives on attendance if you don't know the priorities eg fill the Valley no matter the price or bring in younger supporters and not bother re older supporters or attract new fans from SW London or promote the club as edgy/sexy etc etc. What exactly are the objectives?

The Trust were not consulted at all re season tickets nor were any other fan groups to my knowledge, which is a shame, as once again we are left with some of our most loyal fans feeling as though their support is not valued.

I don't want to stir up trouble but they did ask for the Trust's help but the Trust declined anything other than an audience with the very senior management team.

Katrien mentioned this at Ashford last week and gave the impression that she thought it was a snub by the Trust.

I know views differ but had the Trust turned up to the meeting they might have been told what you say you would need to know. Asking for the CEO of a multi-million pound company to explain that to you before you decided to help, or not, makes you (those that declined the opportunity) look arrogant.

Just my view.

More misinformation I'm afraid. The Trust did not decline a meeting with CAFC staff about building attendances. The Trust have attended two such meetings with CAFC staff on that subject. It is just that the Trust chair did not attend.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Dansk_Red said:

I am not moaning about paying £1.09 extra per match, but about the headlines and the small print and the lack of information and clarity which leads to speculation.

The information was in yesterday's programme.

The information will be on the website shortly.

The information will be reported on various forums.

The 2015/16 season commences in August.

There are no early bird reductions.

No need to panic about 'lack of information'

Im not sure about this. The program says that April 10th is the end of that price point. That sounds like an early bird deal to me - or at the very least that they are leaving themselves the option to put the price up!
  • Options
    Pico said:

Just my view.

More misinformation I'm afraid. The Trust did not decline a meeting with CAFC staff about building attendances. The Trust have attended two such meetings with CAFC staff on that subject. It is just that the Trust chair did not attend.
    Am I right in assuming the Ashford meeting is the one that is, errr, 'restricted' especially when it comes to reporting what went on?
    If Katrien 'gave the impression she thought it was a snub by the trust' did she say that in so many words I wonder, because if she did it seems downright graceless. If on the other hand she has been mis understood and mis reported that is also ungracious.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Just my view.

I'm not doubting you but that is exactly what Katrien said.
  • Options

Pico said:

Just my view.

I'm not doubting you but that is exactly what Katrien said.
    Ah, the off the record briefing by a Charlton director that turns out not to be true. Some things haven't changed then.