Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Prices Frozen for 2015/16 - only if you bought after the early bird prices last year ?

Comments

• Options

Seniors age has gone up to 65. Most people 60-65 work so always thought this odd. Nor sure the bloke handing out trust news will agree as he said he's 62. Then again for the last two games he has said he wants RD out and players who want to play for us and not made to be here. Obviously 3-0 wins don't satisfy him.

My Mum will be gutted, having just turned 60.
  • Options
    What about us the loyal VIP season ticket holders as we didn't pay before the early birds discount last year? (It could be argued that we paid four years before the early bird deadline!)
  • Options

Seniors age has gone up to 65

Very sneaky
  • Options
    Paying before the early bird discount wouldn't help you. Been frozen at prices post deadline.
  • Options

Was told by the ticket office manager if you are between 60 and 65 and already got a concession as I have (I'm 62) then you will continue to get your season ticket at the stated concession price.

Very misleading and inadequate promotional material. Just being straight with people is always a better option. Think I might spend Sunday drafting a formal complaint to the ASA.
  • Options
    Cafcfab don't think my comment would be covered by the ASA authority :-).

Not sure that the information I was told by the manager of the ticket office manager can be trusted until it is confirmed in writing, but that what he told me and my boy, let's hope he wasn't just trying to get rid of me.
  • Options
    I have not seen the info, will they be sending out the renewal forms?

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

HI Said

I will be annoyed about the 150 STS as KM implied at the VIP meeting that she was aware it was an issue a nd asked fans to wait till prices were announces to see how it has been addressed.

Looks like you can pay £175 and sit in a £475 seat.

Except that you and I cannot as those that bought them last year have until the last date (yet to be confirmed) to buy a £475 seat for £175.
  • Options
    £150 = £175 = 16.66 % increase = 55.5 x the inflation rate - Freeze??

Don't mind paying the extra - In fact I want to move further towards the half way line so I will end up paying much more - However I don't like bring taken for a mug - I know, we know, that this is a rise. Why peddle it as a freeze??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015

Don't have a problem if the price is the "post early bird price from last season".

The wording might be misleading (I don't think it is personally).

I don't expect to get the same price when that price from last year was clearly a special early bird offer.

We certainly did the same when I was on T40k.

What I don't get is the need to keep teasing the prices. The U21 news is good but why not just wait today.

I will be annoyed about the 150 STS as KM implied at the VIP meeting that she was aware it was an issue a nd asked fans to wait till prices were announces to see how it has been addressed.

Do you not think that 'frozen' suggests no price rise? For those that bought early it is not a price freeze.

Also how do you view the comment that we should buy soon as they can't guarantee the same price after this price point? If they out the price up after 30 April there will have been an increase across the board. Not a price freeze!

I'm paraphrasing as I don't have my program in front of me.
  • Options
    I have looked on the club website and there is nothing there beyond the snippets already released.
  • Options
    No news on Valley Express or its pricing
  • Options
    My season ticket this season is £250, how with it being 'frozen' can it cost £275?!
  • Options

175 in A block and H block of the west.

Lower north same as upper.

475 in the mid of the east.

Crossbars now free entry

Crossbars free entry? Not seen that anywhere?
  • Options
    Price freeze, my arse. Do they think we are all stupid? More like pissing off the loyal fans who renew early year after year, and the people approaching 60 - the club have kept that very quiet and probably hope that nobody notices.
  • Options
    This is from OS.

The club will reveal the full list of season-ticket prices on www.cafc.co.uk prior to Saturday’s sold-out game against Huddersfield.

I wonder whats gone wrong.

• Options
    Not impressed that I'm paying more when the club have said prices are frozen. Treading the line with that description I think. Plus I'll lose my seat if I don't stump up the increase within 6 weeks.

More to the point, should the club not publish the prices should I not renew by April 10th? Seems that would be part of the decision process, and after all we know it's nothing about cash flow this year after what the VIPs were told.
  • Options
    Clearly it wasn't just the young lady that got f***** at Charlton.
  • Options
    No Valley Gold discount either....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No Valley Gold discount either....

Is this true? Part of the VG selling point is the £15 discount on your season ticket and is still showing on the club's website.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/club/valley_gold/
  • Options
    @addickedandy - try reading the application form which clearly states a £15 discount for VG members
  • Options

Seniors age has gone up to 65. Most people 60-65 work so always thought this odd. Nor sure the bloke handing out trust news will agree as he said he's 62. Then again for the last two games he has said he wants RD out and players who want to play for us and not made to be here. Obviously 3-0 wins don't satisfy him.

I'm not in the 60 age bracket yet, but this stinks - firstly because it has been done without any mention - "prices frozen unless you were a concession of 60 - 65", secondly how much extra revenue is it going to bring in? Thirdly yes its an anomaly but it was something rewarding older fans, fourthly At a time when finances are tight, why increase older supporters. There is no reference to concessions being retained for existing 60 plus's. Finally, it may be yet another shot in the foot by the club, as fans decide not to renew and take up the empty Valley seating on an ad hoc reduced basis.

And yes, I was looking forward in two years time to a reduced ST cost.

• Options

No news on Valley Express or its pricing

I don't use VE but was told yesterday it would be £10.
  • Options
    Why weren't everyone up in arms when under previous owners the same marketing tactics were used regarding this years early bird being the same as last years full price?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Kap10 said:

I'm not in the 60 age bracket yet, but this stinks - firstly because it has been done without any mention - "prices frozen unless you were a concession of 60 - 65", secondly how much extra revenue is it going to bring in? Thirdly yes its an anomaly but it was something rewarding older fans, fourthly At a time when finances are tight, why increase older supporters. There is no reference to concessions being retained for existing 60 plus's. Finally, it may be yet another shot in the foot by the club, as fans decide not to renew and take up the empty Valley seating on an ad hoc reduced basis.

It doesn't seem worth doing, given the bad feeling it will create. Unlike U18s, most seniors who attend buy season tickets so if existing holders are exempted the revenue from new applicants will be tiny even in match sales. If they are not exempted they will likely lose more money in lost sales than they gain.

Exempting existing holders but not including that in the announcement is woeful and suggests another change of mind in the face of a reaction. Is it new seniors who are exempt or does it apply to existing holders turning 60? Once again, it looks as if no one has thought the implications through or understands how people will react. And introducing the A block problem to the lower west - the premium area - after a year's experience in the east must take a special prize for stupidity.
  • Options

Why weren't everyone up in arms when under previous owners the same marketing tactics were used regarding this years early bird being the same as last years full price?

Did they do a big "PRICES FROZEN" splash?

I honestly can't remember so a genuine question.
  • Options
    Perhaps they are working along the lines of water expanding as it freezes.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I queired this at the box office yesterday and the manager stated that existing concession (60 to 65) will keep their concession reduction, if that is true or not I cannot say, but this is what me and the boy was told I'm 62 so it does affect me.

• Options
    WSS said:

Did they do a big "PRICES FROZEN" splash?

I honestly can't remember so a genuine question.
    It's a bit more complicated than that because the details were different, but it's true a similar criticism was made - about 15 years ago.