Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Prices Frozen for 2015/16 - only if you bought after the early bird prices last year ?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I know it's largely obvious but it is also basic practice to provide the full return address, including postcode. Previously this was used, together with a suitable return envelope supplied, to enable easy separation of the post internally, enabling other departments to receive their mail during the rush.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have looked at the application form online, and can't see the bit that says if you're already an over 60 concession and are renewing, then tick this box, it simply doesn't exist. So what box are you supposed to tick? Should there also be terms and conditions online?

It isn't there
  • Options
    If you're already a season-ticket holder in Block H of the west stand (won't be many, admittedly), are you allowed to buy a £175 seat or must you move?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have looked at the application form online, and can't see the bit that says if you're already an over 60 concession and are renewing, then tick this box, it simply doesn't exist. So what box are you supposed to tick? Should there also be terms and conditions online?

From ticket office:

Tick over 65 box. They have records if you are currently over 60 season ticket holder and will apply concession.
  • Options
    Christ, what a mess...
  • Options
    Has anyone got a chart of the ground and prices? As all I can see on the websites news article is them talking about renewing?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Has anyone got a chart of the ground and prices? As all I can see on the websites news article is them talking about renewing?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/pick-up-your-201516-season-ticket-now-2306831.aspx.

Was mentioned earlier in this thread, you need to scroll down through the article.
  • Options

• Options
    I'm sure I paid about £375 for Upper West, block M last year. Maybe £395, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't over £400, so it's a hefty increase. It means the L/M boundary has a difference of £150 on either side, which seems like a lot. If that goes up again after April that will be pretty steep.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I'm sure I paid about £375 for Upper West, block M last year. Maybe £395, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't over £400, so it's a hefty increase. It means the L/M boundary has a difference of £150 on either side, which seems like a lot. If that goes up again after April that will be pretty steep.

An adult seat in M was £450 pre-deadline, now £525. You make a good point about the differential with L&P though, which could be a matter of moving one seat . . .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

Uboat said:

An adult seat in M was £450 pre-deadline, now £525. You make a good point about the differential with L&P though, which could be a matter of moving one seat . . .
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't. D and E might have been, but I don't think it was upstairs.

Edit - no, you're right. What the hell did I pay that for?
  • Options
    D & E were £500 last season, think M & N were slightly cheaper.
  • Options
    I've got about five very good reasons why I shouldn't renew next season. I definitely wasn't going to renew next season. But now I've seen the pretty coloured diagram....
  • Options
    edited March 2015

D & E were £500 last season, think M & N were slightly cheaper.

Correct I've still got a copy of last year's application form and M &N were £450.
  • Options
    If you want to renew online today, don't bother the link does not work.
  • Options
    VIPs get 10% which isn't the £50 mentioned at the VIP meeting.

I'll get £47.50 which is close to be no matter but others will get less.

I'm not being picky, I will renew despite the silly A block pricing but overall the pricing and zoning is over complicated and doesn't provide a clear marketing message.

Sounds like the commercial people need to include the press team and the operations team much earlier on in the process let alone ask supporters for their input.

The entry card is good news but it is only a card. It doesn't sell STs.

Kids prices are very good IMHO.

Overall I think the pricing remains affordable for most certainly compared to other clubs.

There are some real bargains to be had at 175 if limited and despite the bizarre imbalance in prices in the same stand.

So for me there are some things that haven't been done well or completely thought through bit overall it is a good package for fans.

How it will work in terms of meeting the financial and strategic needs of the club I don't know because I don't know what they are beyond a vague "break even".

So what are the learning points for next time? Something for the target 27k committee to review next time they met.

There is a T27k committee isn't there?
  • Options
    Is the equalisation of prices in the North Stand a new thing? If so, has the upper got more expensive or has the lower got cheaper?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Uboat said:

Is the equalisation of prices in the North Stand a new thing? If so, has the upper got more expensive or has the lower got cheaper?

No, upper and lower North Stand + NWQ were £300 last season so up £25 all round. crossbars package was £530 but this was scrapped wasn't it?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Its was the same price last year for both levels. It is the match day prices which are higher in the Lower
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Its was the same price last year for both levels. It is the match day prices which are higher in the Lower

To match up with the higher prices charged to away fans I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Katrien was asked about this at the VIP meeting, said she was aware of the issue and that it would be addressed.
    If it has been addressed a year late, then fine. If not, why not ?

She also stated at an East Kent meeting and I believe one other that this (whole A block debate) wouldn't happen again, yet I see nothing stated showing that it'll stop. Perhaps they want to sell the tickets first and then try and implement something, rather than state it before.

All a bit of a mess, just keep it more simple and don't stick out false marketing to your own fans. They're not learning very fast this new lot.
  • Options
    People who call themselves fans of Charlton really really hate the club for various reasons.

No wonder that none of our "rivals" need to.

If it's that shit don't buy.

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

For the purposes of away sales
  • Options
    I like the fact that Crossbars is being chucked in for free now for ST holders in the North Upper. More than makes up for the £25 increase.

Gives me more incentive to get to the ground early, watch the early kick off on TV in the lounge and more than likely purchase food & drink I wouldn't have done this season. Then depending on evening plans, mood, our result etc may even stay behind and watch a 5.30pm kick off too.

Also means less crowding in the North Upper concourse at half time which when the NU is full is almost impossible to get served and be back in your seat in time for the 2nd half.
  • Options
    Slightly confusing as there are so many options, maybe misleading as some people will pay more than last year but still really good value and I will be renewing my two. Excellent pricing for children as well.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Fuckwit of the month winner. I just checked my tickets and it turns out I'm in L block.

Please ignore everything I ever say.

Don't be so hard on yourself, £350s worth then. Could have bought three of mine for that price :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I like the fact that Crossbars is being chucked in for free now for ST holders in the North Upper. More than makes up for the £25 increase.

Gives me more incentive to get to the ground early, watch the early kick off on TV in the lounge and more than likely purchase food & drink I wouldn't have done this season. Then depending on evening plans, mood, our result etc may even stay behind and watch a 5.30pm kick off too.

Also means less crowding in the North Upper concourse at half time which when the NU is full is almost impossible to get served and be back in your seat in time for the 2nd half.

Not quite. It's free for everyone, which was the original intentiion when the stand was built, but not allowed for safety reasons I believe. The only time the north upper get exclusive use is half-time and I guess you'll have to go out and come in again before the match - assuming, that is, they've squared the plan with the council before announcing it.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what email address I can use to contact KM about season tickets?