Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    Henderson 8.5
    Solly 8
    Fox 8
    Johnson 8
    Gomez 8
    Gudmundsson 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 8
    Bulot 7.5
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson 8
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 8
    Fox 4
    Johnson 6
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 7
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9

Wilson 6
  • Options
    Henderson 7.5
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7.5
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9.5
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Henderson - 8
    Solly - 8
    Fox - 7.5
    Johnson - 7.5
    Gomez - 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Buyens - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Bulot - 7.5
    Vetokele - 8.5
    Watt - 9
    Wilson - 7

• Options
    Henderson - 8.5
    Solly 6
    Fox 6
    Johnson 7
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 8
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Henderson 8 Like him more every time I see his unfussy, unruffled approach.
    Solly 7.5 Just typical Solly. So glad he can still play this often even at reduced fitness.
    Fox 7 Well done Morgan; another clean sheet. Tricky opponent in Scannel but nice to see Fox adding more progressive side to his game.
    Johnson 7.5 Proper centre half; just gets on with it.
    Gomez 7.5 Saw off Vaughan and his laughable dives with ease. I barely noticed TBH's absence.
    Gudmundsson 8 Another corker and some fine moments of skill.
    Buyens 6 Conceded possession a lot again but much-improved energy levels.
    Cousins 8.5 Outstanding again inside. Constantly broke up Hudds attacks and often launched our own.
    Bulot 7.5 Another exciting display in his natural position.
    Vetokele 8 Ran them ragged and his aerial prowess is a major bonus.
    Watt 8.5 If I'm honest his first half was a little off but what a second half!
    Wilson 7 His best for some time and a lovely controlled volley.

Diarra n/a Ouzed class and authority (hopefully not just because I've seen his CV!).
    Eagles n/a As above really. Lovely relaxed approach that so suited our comfortable lead.
  • Options

Henderson 8 - fantastic save at 2-0
    Solly 8 - immense after dodgy start
    Fox 8 - best I've seen him play, well done Morgan
    Johnson 8 - very important addition to our team
    Gomez 8 - well done young Joe, showed great mental strength to be so dominant after some early wobbles
    Gudmunsson 8 - just knew he'd nail the free kick
    Buyens 7.5 - not a big fan but he had a decent game today
    Cousins 9 - so good seeing him play in the middle and boss the game
    Bulot 8 - good movement and crossing, quieter in second half
    Vetokele 8 - played really well, superb foil for TWWW
    Watt 10 - it's a perfect ten for that performance, so good to see a striker with such quality (and fighting spirit) at the Valley again
    Wilson 7 - hopefully will gain some much needed confidence from a better display

Diarra n/a
    Eagles n/a
  • Options
    Henderson 8 crucial save
    Solly 7 shaky opening
    Fox 7.5 best game for us
    Johnson 7 wonder if he is still feeling injury
    Gomez 7 awesome pace gets him out of trouble.
    Gudmundsson 7 calf, hammy or thigh?
    Buyens 7.5 silenced a few critics. Like him back next year
    Cousins 8.5 duracell bunny
    Bulot 7 quieter but covered Fox well
    Vetokele 8 back to his earlier form
    Watt 9.5 unplayable vs slow CBs
    Wilson 7 upped his game
    Diarra n/a half fit is much more mobile than Lepoint/JJ
    Eagles n/a class. Hope we can keep him longer
  • Options
    Henderson - 7
    Solly - 7
    Fox - 6
    Johnson - 5
    Gomez - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Buyens - 5
    Cousins - 8
    Bulot - 7
    Vetokele - 8
    Watt - 9
    Wilson - 6
  • Options
    Henderson - 8.5
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 8
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8
    Bulot 8
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8.5
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 8
    Wilson 6.5
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Henderson 8 Deano, Deano both the quality of THAT save and his kicking

Solly 7 Usual solid, reliable display

Fox 7 Well done Morgan. Scannell is no mug yet he dealt with him so capably he switched to have a bite at Solly

Johnson 7 Missed a few headers but one senses his presence and influence are as important as what he actually does

Gomez 7.5 17 years old yet dealt with that big old lump Miller and the wily Vaughan as if to the manor born

Gudmundsson 7 Integral to our fast breaking attacking play and a clinical free kick for the first goal

Buyens 6.5 Did a job nothing particularly noteworthy good or bad.

Cousins 8.5 I hope we'll have him next season. That's all!

Bulot 6.5 Industrious performance and helped Fox out when needed

Vetokele 7 Not quite at his best but better than he has been pretty much since Reading away

Watt 9 The best individual performance by a Charlton striker for a good few years

Wilson 6.5 Slotted in and denied a deserved goal by an excellent save from Smithies
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 8
    Fox 8
    Johnson 8
    Gomez 8
    Gudmundsson 9
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson8
  • Options
    Henderson - 7.5: hugely reassuring and a great save at a key moment of the game
    Solly - 7: solid
    Fox -7: played some nice passes and only really beaten once by Scannell in the first half
    Johnson - 7: mistimed a few headers in the first half but got in a couple of excellent blocks and was largely untroubled as the game wore on
    Gomez - 7: well done Joe. Made one or two errors early on but he is so rapid that he can get back and retrieve the position. Kept it simple (no doubt on instructions) and delivered a mature performance
    Gudmundsson - 7.5: relatively quiet by his standards but, as he demonstrated, this guy is a game changer
    Buyens - 6.5: a bit predictable but kept the ball moving and was much better than of late
    Cousins - 8: he had a horse of a game. Integral to this attacking line up
    Bulot - 7: quick feet and worked hard
    Vetokele - 7.5: his movement and pace troubled Huddersfield's ponderous defenders
    Watt - 9: MOM - a bravura performance, delivered with great panache. Very early days, but this guy could develop into a cult hero
    Wilson - 7: slotted in well and unlucky not to score
  • Options
    Henderson 7.5
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 7
    Gomez 7
    Gudmundsson 7.5
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 7
    Watt 8.5
    Wilson 6.5
  • Options
    to be honest, it got lost in the overall performance, but I thought Cousins was immense at home to Brighton and i could see it that way he is destined for the top.
  • Options
    Henderson 8.5 class! a couple saves that were as important as scoring a goal!
    Solly 7 usual self solid and dependable. Didn't get forward as much as usual.
    Fox 7 had his work cut out with his winger but dealt with him well! A competent player!
    Johnson 7.5 commanded the defense and was clearly a massive help to both Gomez and Fox
    Gomez 7.5 did very well dealt with Vaughan.
    Gudmundsson 7 another terrific free kick was quiet before hand and went off early
    Buyens 7 solid all round performance didn't do too much wrong.. still think we'd see the best of him if he was give a more creative role
    Cousins 8 bossed the midfield for me..
    Bulot 7 beat his man a few times and got to the by line.. linked up well with Fox
    Vetokele 7.5 seemed like he could have done better when Watt set him up early on.. but made some good runs caused the defense trouble and linked up well
    Watt 9 top quality all round performance! We have one he'll of a player on our hand. .. His second goal was right in front of me breathtaking!
    Wilson 7.5 only the second time I've seen him this season but looked very good! Had a great chance and battled well.

Diarra n/a classy.. good range of passing
    Eagles n/a looked good! Shot that was tipped onto the bar was definitely intended.... would love to see him start on Tuesday but not sure who for if everyone is fit!
  • Options
    Henderson - 8.5
    Solly - 7.5
    Fox - 7
    Johnson - 8
    Gomez - 7.5
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Buyens - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Bulot - 7
    Vetokele - 8.5
    Watt - 9
    Wilson - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 8
    Gomez 8
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 8.5
    Bulot 7.5
    Vetokele 8
    Watt 9
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 7.5
    Johnson 7
    Gomez 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 6.5
    Cousins 8.5
    Bulot 6.5
    Vetokele 7
    Watt 8.5
    Wilson 7
  • Options
    Henderson 7 two good saves, kicking out poor
    Solly 6, seemed to lack pace.
    Fox 6 lacks pace
    Johnson 6, was beaten in the air, missed high balls to often. Twice put us in trouble.
    Gomez 6, did a manfull job but is a bit small for a centre back.
    Gudmundsson 7, was great going forward, and did his bit in defense.
    Buyens 6, worked hard but to many sloppy passes, also can not tackle.
    Cousins 7 makes adifference to the team when in the centre of midfield, needs to improve the frequency of good passes.
    Bulot 7 his running worried them, also need more defending than I have seen before.
    Vetokele 6 , he must improve his shooting, but movement off the ball made adifference.
    Watt 8, was the difference between the two teams, holds the ball well and shekes of tackles, as well as knowing where the goal is.
    Wilson 6 did his best.
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7.5
    Fox 5
    Johnson 5
    Gomez 7.5
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 5
    Cousins 8.5
    Bulot 6.5
    Vetokele 7.5
    Watt 9
    Wilson 6
  • Options
    Henderson 8
    Solly 7
    Fox 7
    Johnson 8
    Gomez 8
    Gudmundsson 8
    Buyens 5
    Cousins 7
    Bulot 7.5
    Vetokele 7
    Watt 8.5
    Wilson 6.5
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Henderson 7 two good saves, kicking out poor
    Solly 6, seemed to lack pace.
    Fox 6 lacks pace
    Johnson 6, was beaten in the air, missed high balls to often. Twice put us in trouble.
    Gomez 6, did a manfull job but is a bit small for a centre back.
    Gudmundsson 7, was great going forward, and did his bit in defense.
    Buyens 6, worked hard but to many sloppy passes, also can not tackle.
    Cousins 7 makes adifference to the team when in the centre of midfield, needs to improve the frequency of good passes.
    Bulot 7 his running worried them, also need more defending than I have seen before.
    Vetokele 6 , he must improve his shooting, but movement off the ball made adifference.
    Watt 8, was the difference between the two teams, holds the ball well and shekes of tackles, as well as knowing where the goal is.
    Wilson 6 did his best.

HALF GLASS EMPTY !
  • Options
    Really pleased . A perfect day.

I am glad Chris Powell got a good reception ,but even more pleased we won 3-0 . Like the great man said in his post match interview both he and Charlton have now moved on from the events of last season.

Henderson 8 Our best keeper since Carson
    Solly 8 A captain's performance
    Fox 8 Growing into a good left back . His extra height is also useful .looks a different player with Johnson alongside him
    Johnson 8.5 Extra point 5 for the way he organises the defence and is encouraging Morgan and Joe
    Gomez 8 This is his best position . Like to see him blooded a bit more before the end of the season
    Gudmundsson 8 Great player . Can we get his contract extended ASAP
    Buyens 8 Better than his recent performances
    Cousins 8 Much better in the middle
    Bulot 8 I like him a lot . Another one I would like to see staying his Twitter feed says how much he loves living in London.
    Vetokele 8 Looks much better with Watt
    Watt 9 MOTM . Maybe he is the match winner we have been waiting for
    Wilson 8 Played his part when he came on
  • Options
    Henderson 8 - Solid.
    Solly 8 - See above.
    Fox 8 Best performance to date from Morgan, Hope he can gain a bit of confidence from Saturday and keep Wiggo on his toes.
    Johnson 8 another 8, but Johnson kept a cool head and showed some great positional awareness to aid our shape.
    Gomez 8.5 seamlessly steps in to the team when called upon, great block in the 2nd half and was powerful in the air.
    Gudmundsson 9 CLASS ACT.
    Buyens 8 Good effort from Yoni who could of had a goal. Makes you wonder how good he could be for us if he wanted to be here.
    Cousins 8 5 tireless.
    Bulot 8 don't dismiss Freddie's defensive efforts- really bust a gut to help out Fox at times.
    Vetokele 8 confidence within Igor is clearly apparent over the 3/4 weeks.
    Watt 9 great close control and fire in his belly, long may it continue.
  • Options
    Henderson 7.5 Amazing what having a keeper does for the team. Some great stops, a little way ward with kicking at times
    Solly 7 Solid
    Fox 6 Tackles well, but gives the ball away far to easily
    Johnson 6 Some shaky moments, but stood firm
    Gomez 7.5 Impressive for one so young
    Gudmundsson 7.5 Great strike, generally on his game until he went off
    Buyens 6 In the end the actually seemed to be interested
    Cousins 7 Grew in to this one, he certainly earned his booking, not like him to be so tetchy.
    Bulot 7 Not a bad effort
    Vetokele 8 What a partnership he is developing.
    Watt 9 MOM enough said
    Wilson 7 Looked bright, only a great stop from Smithies denied him a goal.

• Options
    Henderson 8 Stunning save and general air of calmness about him. Firmly our number 1. Good hands too.
    Solly 7 didn't have a huge amount to do really
    Fox 8 I thought he had a really good game. Some good tackles, nice passing and went about his job with no frills. Low marks are from people who just don't like him
    Johnson 7 Missed a header early on but I suspect it was a lot windier out there than we thought. Good leader and mentored Gomez through his big day excellently.
    Gomez 8 For a 17 year old to play at CB against Vaughan and Miller is a big ask - he was fantastic. Couple of slips but he made up for them. Incredible goal line block too - no idea how that didn't go in.
    Gudmundsson 7 Lovely free kick. I just love him - he's exciting. Hope the knock is only minor.
    Buyens 7 Better from him. Still looks a yard off the pace but still a yard quicker than Jacko I'm afraid.
    Cousins 8 revelling in playing in the middle. a lot of little knicks of the ball and stealing possession.
    Bulot 7 quieter than of late but still a real handful.
    Vetokele 8 Ran his nuts off and creates space for Watt. Frightening partnership and the best we have had for years and years.
    Watt 9 MOM Nothing more to say that hasn't been said already to be honest. An exceptional workrate, sublime dribbling, first rate first touch and some great finishing. I think it's just clicked to be honest. He seems happy and is fitting in well. Wonderful stuff
    Wilson 7 Good engine, shored things up and unlucky not to score.

Eagles and Diarra - though not eligible they both played a part in the finale and look assured and excellent acquisitions to the squad.

Luzon - 10
    Ballsy to play Gomez - that paid off. Took JBG off as soon as there was a sniff of a knock. Deserves a huge amount of credit for the turnaround of late. I am not taking the piss when I say that if we keep this squad together and add to it a little we would be genuine promotion candidates next season. Solid at the back - a midfield no longer getting overrun, creative and devastating in attack (especially from counter attacks) not to mention defending from the front.
    As much as some people mock his pitchside antics - he is VERY switched on. Constantly badgering people and telling them to concentrate and talk. Some might argue it's for show but I think he really is making a difference.

After a little wobble (I went to Watford...) I'm in love with my team again.