Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Huddersfield

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Henderson 8 Stunning save and general air of calmness about him. Firmly our number 1. Good hands too.
    Solly 7 didn't have a huge amount to do really
    Fox 8 I thought he had a really good game. Some good tackles, nice passing and went about his job with no frills. Low marks are from people who just don't like him
    Johnson 7 Missed a header early on but I suspect it was a lot windier out there than we thought. Good leader and mentored Gomez through his big day excellently.
    Gomez 8 For a 17 year old to play at CB against Vaughan and Miller is a big ask - he was fantastic. Couple of slips but he made up for them. Incredible goal line block too - no idea how that didn't go in.
    Gudmundsson 7 Lovely free kick. I just love him - he's exciting. Hope the knock is only minor.
    Buyens 7 Better from him. Still looks a yard off the pace but still a yard quicker than Jacko I'm afraid.
    Cousins 8 revelling in playing in the middle. a lot of little knicks of the ball and stealing possession.
    Bulot 7 quieter than of late but still a real handful.
    Vetokele 8 Ran his nuts off and creates space for Watt. Frightening partnership and the best we have had for years and years.
    Watt 9 MOM Nothing more to say that hasn't been said already to be honest. An exceptional workrate, sublime dribbling, first rate first touch and some great finishing. I think it's just clicked to be honest. He seems happy and is fitting in well. Wonderful stuff
    Wilson 7 Good engine, shored things up and unlucky not to score.

Eagles and Diarra - though not eligible they both played a part in the finale and look assured and excellent acquisitions to the squad.

Luzon - 10
    Ballsy to play Gomez - that paid off. Took JBG off as soon as there was a sniff of a knock. Deserves a huge amount of credit for the turnaround of late. I am not taking the piss when I say that if we keep this squad together and add to it a little we would be genuine promotion candidates next season. Solid at the back - a midfield no longer getting overrun, creative and devastating in attack (especially from counter attacks) not to mention defending from the front.
    As much as some people mock his pitchside antics - he is VERY switched on. Constantly badgering people and telling them to concentrate and talk. Some might argue it's for show but I think he really is making a difference.

After a little wobble (I went to Watford...) I'm in love with my team again.

This for my marks too
  • Options
    Henderson 8 so solid
    Solly 7
    Fox 5
    Johnson 8 great partner for gomez
    Gomez 8 class
    Gudmundsson 7
    Buyens 6
    Cousins 7
    Bulot 7
    Vetokele 8