Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    TBH I wasn't caring too much about the Son's of the Harpie storyline or the religious Sparrows. But when Cersei got arrested and Tyrion finally met Daenerys things started to get interesting. Then last night kicked off. My wife hates Lord of the Rings sort of programs but even she admits last nights episode was excellent and exciting. Can only hope there is even more to come in this series.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Were the hordes of the undead clambering over the walls etc people who were locked out when they shut the gate against the ensuing avalanche and were subsequently crushed to death, only to be resurrected by the chief White Walker guy who mugged Jon Snow off whilst he paddled away ?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2015

SEASON 5 EPISODE 8 SPOILER

Loved this sequence. Had to watch it again and share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyX1pw2Phh8

My favourite bit is the Walker's 'oh shit!' face when Snow's sword doesn't shatter. You're a thousands of years old zombie murder king and your reaction to a sword functioning like a sword is to shit yourself. Maybe work on that.

I suppose if you've been killing off hundreds of defenceless humans for a while, it would come as a bit of a shock that someone had a sword made of "dragon steel". Even Jon swung the blade more in blind hope than in expectation.

Especially after he crumbled Snow's first weapon like every other human before him.
  • Options

My favourite bit is the Walker's 'oh shit!' face when Snow's sword doesn't shatter. You're a thousands of years old zombie murder king and your reaction to a sword functioning like a sword is to shit yourself. Maybe work on that.

I suppose if you've been killing off hundreds of defenceless humans for a while, it would come as a bit of a shock that someone had a sword made of "dragon steel". Even Jon swung the blade more in blind hope than in expectation that it would work.

Especially after he crumbled Snow's first weapon like every other human before him.
    Yeah, but play to the whistle man!
  • Options
    Jon Snow is a boss
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

You lot are pathetic, throw some fighting with zombies in and everyone's having a wank about the show again.

Woaahhhhhh, don't pigeon hole all of us. Ive enjoyed the whole series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Jon Snow is a boss

He's Lord Commander, show some bloody respect
  • Options

It'd be my reaction too if I realised that he so much as touches me with that sword I shatter into a million pieces
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

You lot are pathetic, throw some fighting with zombies in and everyone's having a wank about the show again.

Yeah, something entertaining happened and people are happy about it. So weird.
    It's always been entertaining. I just find it disappointing it has to stoop to the lowest common denominator just to get the lower IQ classes to watch it.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

It's always been entertaining. I just find it disappointing it has to stoop to the lowest common denominator just to get the lower IQ classes to watch it.
    Perhaps you should do a post-episode breakdown each week that explains all those difficult talky bits to us dunces
    Will do. I'll dumb it down enough for everyone. After all I do have experience living in Medway.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Perhaps you should do a post-episode breakdown each week that explains all those difficult talky bits to us dunces
    Will do. I'll dumb it down enough for everyone. After all I do have experience living in Medway.
    Boring day? Fancy an argument? No dog to kick?

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

So did you wake up with the intention of deliberately trolling everyone on this thread today or is it something you decided on over breakfast?
  • Options
    Maybe I should have added a smiley winky thing. Chill out a bit people, I know it was an intense episode.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Good though, wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Good though, wasn't it?
    Yeah it was superb.

Honestly though I have enjoyed this season and last night's episode I enjoyed the whole way through. The Dany and Tyrion exchanges were great and intriguing. I liked Arya's scene. And I wonder what Ramsey is doing with the 20 men? Presumably it won't just be to have some sort of cock chopping orgy.

Oh and no sand snakes which obviously helped.
  • Options
    Can someone explain again whats going on with Arya. I presume her training is to kill the insurance/gambling man? Why?
  • Options

Can someone explain again whats going on with Arya. I presume her training is to kill the insurance/gambling man? Why?

This is one of the parts of this series that is in line with the books. Let's just call him "training"
  • Options

The faceless men are the servants of the many faced God....and assassins for hire.
  • Options

This is one of the parts of this series that is in line with the books. Let's just call him "training"
    Hopefully i'm not giving much away but in the books that bloke doesnt have any influence on any plot lines. It's really just a test for Arya.
  • Options
    No but I think without him as a sort of visual signpost to what was going on it would be doubly confusing to anyone who has not read the books
  • Options
    How about using some well targetted dragon (glass/steel tipped arrows) to take out the leaders? Let the giants deal with any zombies.
  • Options
    Westeros football team, what do you reckon? At their peak (i.e. Alive).

I'm going for Jon Snow captain and centre mid - leader, calm, good fitness levels for getting box to box.

The Hound centre back - big and tall, mean, commanding and vocal.

The Mountain as a target man - considered him in goal for obvious reasons but think he'd be slow in getting down.

Prince Oberyn on the wing - showed good footwork in the trial by combat, bit of foreign flair.

Who else?
  • Options
    Tyrion Lannister - false no 9 - not got any height but has plenty of strength and skill. His low centre of gravity makes him an excellent dribbler and he's always looking for opportunities to exploit holes.