Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Tywin Lannister as manager.

Robert Baratheon as social secretary.

Ned Stark no nonsense centrehalf.
  • Options
    Wherever they play surely some unsullied in the wall.
  • Options
    Grey Worm in goal. Agile and willing to put his body in where it hurts. Wouldn't have to worry about his knackers from close range either.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Wherever they play surely some unsullied in the wall.

Beat me to that joke by seconds!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Tywin Lannister as manager.

Stannis the master tactician as his assistant.

Tommen and Ser Pounce as mascots.
  • Options
    You could put a Fen on the other wing to roast his fullback.
  • Options
    Jaime Lannister is a no-no in goal now I guess.

I'm going for Loras Tyrell as a full back, good coming up from the back.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lysa Arryn/Tully would be a good player, considering how many people she's put through the hole...
  • Options
    Margary Tyrell as cheerleader.
  • Options
  • Options

I'm all for this one.
  • Options
    Game will be called off,frozen pitch,winter is coming after all
  • Options
    It's fine, we'll have a summer winter World Cup in Qarth.
  • Options
    Probably wouldn't want Sansa, definitely getting a Pardewing.
  • Options
    WesteRoss County.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but the bloke who plays Theon Greyjoy is actually Lily Allen's brother.
  • Options
    Doing a good job as Theon/Reek too.
  • Options
    Being honest I don't think many of the actors (there are lots) are fantastic actors.

Aiden Gillen is good, Stephan dillane is good in whatever he does, lena headey is ok. I love the character and kit Harrington is getting better but he is clunky, I think watching Alfie allen is like watching a sixth form drama student. He does smug and smarmy well but his portrayal of theon on a downer is awful. Whoever plays varys is great, Peter dinklage is brilliant. But Roose Bolton is awkward so is sophie turner and Ian glenn is lurchy too. I'm being well harsh because the show is fantastic and the dialogue must be tough but if the budget was lower I think it would be getting caned
  • Options
    Carter said:

Being honest I don't think many of the actors (there are lots) are fantastic actors.

Aiden Gillen is good, Stephan dillane is good in whatever he does, lena headey is ok. I love the character and kit Harrington is getting better but he is clunky, I think watching Alfie allen is like watching a sixth form drama student. He does smug and smarmy well but his portrayal of theon on a downer is awful. Whoever plays varys is great, Peter dinklage is brilliant. But Roose Bolton is awkward so is sophie turner and Ian glenn is lurchy too. I'm being well harsh because the show is fantastic and the dialogue must be tough but if the budget was lower I think it would be getting caned

Emilia Clarke is quite limited too.

• Options
    Carter said:

If you had said what characters these actors play I would have been able to comment. I'm not going to look up to see who plays who so can't comment one way or the other on their acting prowess or not.

• Options
    edited June 2015

Carter said:

If you had said what characters these actors play I would have been able to comment. I'm not going to look up to see who plays who so can't comment one way or the other on their acting prowess or not.

In order:

AG = Petyr Baelish (Littlefinger)
    SD = Stannis Baratheon
    LH = Cersei Lannister
    KH = Jon Snow
    AA = Theon Greyjoy (Reek)
    ---Varys (the Spider)
    PD = Tyrion Lannister
    ---Roose Bolton
    ST = Sansa Stark
    IG = (Ser) Jorah Mormont

And @SantaClaus mentioned Emilia Clarke who plays Daenerys Targaryen.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Not sure I agree with all that. Aidan Gillen's evolving irishness has got right on my tits this series. If he was that good an actor he could have maintained the accent he started with. I like the bloke who plays Roose Bolton - he does a good psycho-sadist, but I do agree that Reek is weak, also Sansa. Agreed on Dinklage being good too, although to start with I thought he was shocking - again because of the terrible accent - but he has enough charisma to carry the viewer past that, to the point where nobody (myself included) really notices his accent any more!
    I don't really think the acting is that bad. It has dodgy moments, but that's always going to happen with such a large cast. Overall I think it's pretty good.
  • Options
    Yeah Littlefinger really tries to overact with his accent wouldn't say he was one of the best in the show at all, had most of his memorable scenes in season 1 with Varys. Ramsey is probably one of the best actors at the moment I think he does a great job. With the ridiculous amount of characters on the show compared to most series obviously they aren't going all be amazing. They've lost the likes of Sean Bean, Charles Dance over the last couple of years too. Even Joffrey was pretty great.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm being harsh probably overly si

Emilia Clarke is playing a character who is learning everything as she goes. And she's stopped getting her tits out which is frustrating but being a purist it is also untrue to the books

I think Arya/Maisie Williams has absolutely nailed her part and the hound is brilliant (character and actor) honourable nod to Liam Cunningham for ser Davos and Iwan Rheon for Ramsay they are very good.

So where is Benjen Starkk?
  • Options
    I thought the fella who played Joffrey was a fantastic actor. Was perfect for the role. Shame that he has actually retired from acting at a very young age.