Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• I can't get the screams out of my head
  • Some of that was a bit unnecessary, but the ending was good.
  • CGI of the ending was horrible, must've been stretching the budget.

Shame the show Stannis is so different to the book one, but oh well.
  • The books are pretty grim... but my word is the show turning it up to 11 or what?! Jeez.
  • We started singing never ending story...

So fanatics didnt shit their pants when a bloody great dragon starts blasting them with fire I think not. And yes a weapons check might have been an idea (as above) bit silly on both counts.

Shame Stannis couldn't have burnt his missus instead....
  • ######spoiler ahead

Agree the cgi was a bit ropey but what an episode.

I doubt Davos will be forgiving of Stannis here...

I don't like Oli.

What's the point of Jorah rejoining the Queens services if he's got greyscale or whatever it's called?
  • Does gray scale help with fire? ;)
  • Why blonde get the greyscale thing when she took his hand ?
  • "Oysters clams and cockles" "how much for your little clam" Ffs hahahaha
  • That's what I thought GH but it must just be with the infected arm?

What an episode.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

We started singing never ending story...

So fanatics didnt shit their pants when a bloody great dragon starts blasting them with fire I think not. And yes a weapons check might have been an idea (as above) bit silly on both counts.

Shame Stannis couldn't have burnt his missus instead....

To be fair the people who were in charge of the fighting pits could have been supporting the Sons of the Harpy. Agree with the fire thing though they were stood in perfect groups of four waiting to get grilled.
  • Poor event management by the unsullied. CAFC should take note and use this episode during steward inductions.

I can't even get a can of coke into the Valley let alone big swords and a dodgy mask.
  • The Stannis thing has pissed me right off. He,was becoming an interesting character, grumpy, bit odd but sort of likeable.

Now he's an evil c-unit.
  • There's one shot - the medium close up on the dragon ride - that looks a little off, but Drogon looks photorealistic and the rest of the sequence in the fighting pit looks great. The best CG is stuff you don't notice and it's easy to miss how much CG there is in this show. They don't saturate it with Walking Dead style blood splatter either.

http://youtu.be/db4nqks8P8g
  • Thought she might be protected in someway by the dragonscale?
  • razil said:

Thought she might be protected in someway by the dragonscale?

I was hoping that or Davos was gonna come out of nowhere and save her. Then I remembered it's the most disturbing show in history.
  • The Stannis thing has pissed me right off. He,was becoming an interesting character, grumpy, bit odd but sort of likeable.

Now he's an evil c-unit.

Is he? I mean sure anyone burning their own child is clearly not all there but given what he's seen Mel do in the past he has to trust her.

They were basically all going to die anyway, no food, fewer men, equipment lost. Doing this means they might stand a chance.
  • colthe3rd said:

The Stannis thing has pissed me right off. He,was becoming an interesting character, grumpy, bit odd but sort of likeable.

Now he's an evil c-unit.

Is he? I mean sure anyone burning their own child is clearly not all there but given what he's seen Mel do in the past he has to trust her.

They were basically all going to die anyway, no food, fewer men, equipment lost. Doing this means they might stand a chance.
    You are joking, right?
  • edited June 2015
    No one could live with doing that, nor could anyone live with someone willing to do that so its a short term thing, and thus not ever worth the sacrifice. Not forgetting he then nas no heir but I guess that can be remedied. None of them are 'Kings' other than by relation to a conquering King, and would the wife not be a queen by the same definition and just as open to sacrifice?

Grayscale is highly contagious but should we assume blondie is immune, as she is from fire, and it seems being pricked by dragon spikes, and dragon breath.. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Show-Stannis has gone in a totally different direction to book-Stannis. Book Stannis would have tried to make his men march anyway even though they were screwed, and almost certainly die in the process. Still stubborn to the point of stupid and sticking to his personal code but definitely not burning his own daughter. He very specifically said that she was his heir at one point, not kindling material.
  • colthe3rd said:

The Stannis thing has pissed me right off. He,was becoming an interesting character, grumpy, bit odd but sort of likeable.

Now he's an evil c-unit.

You are joking, right?
    Col's not wrong. That's just the reality of the situation. And the wider reality is that Stannis has been told by Melisandre that he is the only one who can stop the White Walkers taking over and killing everyone in the entire world. Stannis genuinely thinks he's the only person who can save the world so sacrificing his daughter is a necessary evil for him.

Still a bit bastardy though.
  • The Unsullied really need to look at their urban weaponry and tactics. Carrying 12 foot pikes in narrow alleyways and crowded arenas isn't proving a very effective deterrent to the Harpies.
  • Anyone else pissed off with Ser Jorah? He's supposed to be this double hard bastard but basically gets his arse handed to him every time he gets in a fight and only survives through stupidity of his opponents.
  • thenewbie said:

Show-Stannis has gone in a totally different direction to book-Stannis. Book Stannis would have tried to make his men march anyway even though they were screwed, and almost certainly die in the process. Still stubborn to the point of stupid and sticking to his personal code but definitely not burning his own daughter. He very specifically said that she was his heir at one point, not kindling material.

I understand GRRM told them to do this scene so expect it in book 6.
  • edited June 2015
    Rizzo said:

Anyone else pissed off with Ser Jorah? He's supposed to be this double hard bastard but

Is he? Supposed to be a decent knight but no Hound or pre-amputation Jaime, for example.

In fact, just out of Daenarys's sort of Queensguard I'd say Daario, Grey Worm and (before he died) Ser Barriston would all have comfortably kicked his arse.
  • colthe3rd said:

Now he's an evil c-unit.

You are joking, right?
    No.
  • razil said:

Grayscale is highly contagious but should we assume blondie is immune, as she is from fire, and it seems being pricked by dragon spikes, and dragon breath.. :)

She touched his right hand, his left wrist has greyscale. There's no reason to assume she would get infected by that anyway. He certainly wouldn't want to infect her.
  • Yup but the kid got infected by a toy
  • Did we actually see the daughter die ? I always think if we literally haven't seen the corpse in GoT then there's a chance they've survived.