Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• I'm not going to confirm or deny what prompted my comment, but all I would say is loads happens in this episode. Still lots of reasons to be excited to watch.
  • edited June 2015

I recorded the episode last night and I've just watched it now. Having said that, I saw there were new posts on the thread this morning and didn't open the thread because I knew some people would have already watched it. It aired last night and people have every right to post on the Game of Thrones thread once Game of Thrones has been on. If you went on to a thread that discusses the events of the show after it has aired before you'd seen the episode then it's your own fault if you see spoilers.

Utter tosh!

If this happened Tuesday morning you would have a point. Clearly the vast majority of people watch the series on TV on Monday nights. You know that for a fact, I know it for a fact and everyone who watches an episode before it is aired on UK TV on the Monday night know that for a fact. To watch the episode 12 or so hours before it is aired on TV and post spoilers on this thread before it has been aired on TV is inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass behaviour.
  • I recorded the episode last night and I've just watched it now. Having said that, I saw there were new posts on the thread this morning and didn't open the thread because I knew some people would have already watched it. It aired last night and people have every right to post on the Game of Thrones thread once Game of Thrones has been on. If you went on to a thread that discusses the events of the show after it has aired before you'd seen the episode then it's your own fault if you see spoilers.

Utter tosh!

If this happened Tuesday morning you would have a point. However, the vast majority of people watch the series on TV on Monday nights. You know that for a fact, I know it for a fact and everyone who watches an episode before it is aired on UK TV on the Monday night know that for a fact. To watch the episode 12 or so hours before it is aired on TV and post spoilers on this thread before it has been aired on TV is inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass behaviour.
    Have you considered that it could just be an honest mistake? As opposed to inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass.

Maybe if those accusing people of spoiling things were a little more understanding, those who posted the spoilers may not be so belligerent in their responses.
  • I recorded the episode last night and I've just watched it now. Having said that, I saw there were new posts on the thread this morning and didn't open the thread because I knew some people would have already watched it. It aired last night and people have every right to post on the Game of Thrones thread once Game of Thrones has been on. If you went on to a thread that discusses the events of the show after it has aired before you'd seen the episode then it's your own fault if you see spoilers.

Utter tosh!

If this happened Tuesday morning you would have a point. Clearly the vast majority of people watch the series on TV on Monday nights. You know that for a fact, I know it for a fact and everyone who watches an episode before it is aired on UK TV on the Monday night know that for a fact. To watch the episode 12 or so hours before it is aired on TV and post spoilers on this thread before it has been aired on TV is inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass behaviour.
    It was aired on TV in the UK early this morning. The ones waiting until 9pm tonight are late to the party
  • edited June 2015
    I only opened the thread because I suddenly remembered the next episode was on tonight and thought I would catch up with what people were saying about the last episode and what they thought would happen next. I only saw the spoiler posts for about 2 seconds before I realised what was going on and I clicked off the page. But in that 2 seconds a major incident in tonights episode was revealed. I thought the convention was to put a spoiler warning at the top of the post and insert 10 or 12 blank lines before the start of the next line. That would have caused me to shut the thread down immediatley without seeing the spoiler.

• edited June 2015
    I considered it could have been a mistake, but quickly dismissed that as extremely unlikely.

The first 4 episodes of this series leaked online before the 1st ep aired at 9pm on sky atlantic. Not one person spoilt it for anyone else who was watching them in the regular slot. I am thankful to everyone who kept it to the other thread for that.

• WSS said:

I recorded the episode last night and I've just watched it now. Having said that, I saw there were new posts on the thread this morning and didn't open the thread because I knew some people would have already watched it. It aired last night and people have every right to post on the Game of Thrones thread once Game of Thrones has been on. If you went on to a thread that discusses the events of the show after it has aired before you'd seen the episode then it's your own fault if you see spoilers.

Utter tosh!

It was aired on TV in the UK early this morning. The ones waiting until 9pm tonight are late to the party
    $hit stirrer.
  • edited June 2015

Utter tosh!

If this happened Tuesday morning you would have a point. However, the vast majority of people watch the series on TV on Monday nights. You know that for a fact, I know it for a fact and everyone who watches an episode before it is aired on UK TV on the Monday night know that for a fact. To watch the episode 12 or so hours before it is aired on TV and post spoilers on this thread before it has been aired on TV is inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass behaviour.
    Have you considered that it could just be an honest mistake? As opposed to inconsiderate, attention seeking and crass.

Maybe if those accusing people of spoiling things were a little more understanding, those who posted the spoilers may not be so belligerent in their responses.
    There was absolutely no excuse for it. I am fuming about this and I don't give a f*ck about the beligerent responses of the spoilers.

So, as Suzi said, thanks for spoiling tonight's episode you f*cking tw*ts! (Obviously I am adding the last part).
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe avoid name calling.

That will only provoke further spoilers as revenge.

• The Titanic sinks as well, Red.
  • WSS thanks for that.

Next thing you'll tell me is that the U.S intervened in the UK's world war ending battles.

Utter tosh!

Here's a fun fact: it's not a spoiler if it's already been on UK TV. And it was. It was on Sky Atlantic last night. As a result it's not that people have jumped the gun, it's that you're behind. You're behind the show and you still went on this thread and ruined the ending for yourself. I understand that you're disappointed but the fact is it's your own fault and taking it out on people here who watched it when it first aired just makes you look a bit silly.

Utter tosh!

Here's a fun fact: it's not a spoiler if it's already been on UK TV. And it was. It was on Sky Atlantic last night. As a result it's not that people have jumped the gun, it's that you're behind. You're behind the show and you still went on this thread and ruined the ending for yourself. I understand that you're disappointed but the fact is it's your own fault and taking it out on people here who watched it when it first aired just makes you look a bit silly.
    Are you saying that it is not the case that the vast majority of people watch it for the first time on Monday nights at 9 pm?
  • edited June 2015
    Ok while we're at it - Bruce Willis is actually dead and Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze
  • Noooooooooooooo

Utter tosh!

You're right it was my fault. Like Suzi said, I should have realised that '....people these days are far too interested in breaking news themselves to score ego points and less concerned about spoiling enjoyment for other people.'
  • Oh yeah and the chick in the Crying Game turns out to be a dude

Utter tosh!

Are you saying that it is not the case that the vast majority of people watch it for the first time on Monday nights at 9 pm?
    Nope, I'm not saying that. But there's no convention on here that says no spoilers until after the 9pm Monday showing and there's certainly no convention that says everyone on this board has to kowtow to your personal viewing habits. Like I said before, being aware that people would have watched it last night I deliberately didn't open this thread until I'd seen the episode as I'd noticed people had posted early in the past. People watch the show at different times and can talk about it whenever they want; if you're being really honest with yourself you'll admit that you know that and that you just shouldn't have clicked on the thread. Swearing at and insulting people on this board because you're upset with your own bad judgment isn't the way to go.
  • Sponsored links:

Utter tosh!

Nope, I'm not saying that. But there's no convention on here that says no spoilers until after the 9pm Monday showing and there's certainly no convention that says everyone on this board has to kowtow to your personal viewing habits. Like I said before, being aware that people would have watched it last night I deliberately didn't open this thread until I'd seen the episode as I'd noticed people had posted early in the past. People watch the show at different times and can talk about it whenever they want; if you're being really honest with yourself you'll admit that you know that and that you just shouldn't have clicked on the thread. Swearing at and insulting people on this board because you're upset with your own bad judgment isn't the way to go.
    I am guilty of bad judgement here! Not the people who posted spoilers before they knew most people would have seen the episode? Truely priceless!

Utter tosh!

I am guilty of bad judgement here! Not the people who posted spoilers before they knew most people would have seen the episode? Truely priceless!
    Again, not spoilers as the programme had already been on TV. You're the one who opened the thread and now you're calling people 'fucking twats' because you didn't think that maybe when the programme had already been on TV people might want to talk about it. I think you might need to get over yourself little buddy.
  • Anyone seen Band of Brothers? I don't want to spoil it for anyone but in the end the Allies win.
  • people saying that bitch priestess was at the wall for a reason... i think that's just hopeful reasoning... although... the mountain appearing "alive" casts some hope...
  • although now i've read kit harrington hasn't been signed on for another season. FUCK YOU GAME OF THRONES
  • although now i've read kit harrington hasn't been signed on for another season. FUCK YOU GAME OF THRONES

He also negotiated himself a pay rise for the next two series so he might just be being a dick.