Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• If we want to set down a no spoilers until 10pm on Monday rule, I'll happily abide.

Oh oops, too late for Season 5...

By spoilers are do we mean zero mention of the episode, because I don't really consider what I wrote to be a spoiler?
  • “I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, ‘Look, you’re gone, it’s done.’ And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.”

- Kit harrington

although already there's loaaaaaads of rumours and lore surrounding prophecies in the earlier book so... we can only hope. But maybe it's wishful thinking.
  • Maybe he is talking about Jon Snow not coming back, not Kit Harrington.
  • It was shown on Sky Atlantic last night, not just online.
    Not happy about the ending!
  • I've not read the books so everything for me is a surprise. No other TV show has shocked or entertained me as much as GoT. I think the bad guy winning is a great way of spending an hour every week.

It's been quite slow this season and but the last two episodes have blown me away again.

Do you think Arya is blind as a punishment or its part of her training??
  • edited June 2015
    I was shocked by Jon's death - not because a good guy got killed, this is GoT after all, but because I just didn't see his story going that way (not read the books). They've done great job so far of keeping you on your toes by saying anyone can be killed and the guys you think are bad aren't necessarily as bad as you think and vice-versa but they have almost gone too far the other way now - like Garrymanilow says, a few bad guys need to get whacked to even it up a bit.

It is hard to think who I'm going to be able to root for next season though. Personally have been enjoying Arya's story arch - the stuff with the Hound was great and Jaqen H'ghar is one of my favourite supporting characters, even if he is a bit intense - but if she's gone blind (we don't know its permanent) then she's kinda out, although it was great to see her going all bad ass on the S&M Paedo. Brien is still a likable character, maybe her and Sansa are going to finally meet up and start unleashing some vengeance - perhaps with help from Stannis' Geordie sidekick. Danerys, although essentially a good guy, is just too dull right now, if I'm supposed to be backing her they need give her character a shot of steroids or something cos even with that massive army and bloody dragons she's just a bit pfft.

Stannis might not be dead (we didn't see the body, not that I liked him much even before he burnt his daughter to death) and I guess there's still hope that the Hound might come back and kill the undead Mountain (is that who/what carried the Queen Mum off at the end?) and a few Lanisters.

Personally I still think the show is awesome but it is really abusing my affections right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's a red witch with the power to resurrect the dead when you need her?
  • Unfortunately the power to resurrect the dead can only be used on one-eyed tramps who seem to lose more fights than Audley Harrison.
  • although now i've read kit harrington hasn't been signed on for another season. FUCK YOU GAME OF THRONES

though he did sign up in the past for season 6 & 7...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-leading-cast-members-sign-contracts-for-further-series-9828891.html
  • p.s Kit Harrington said and I quote ''I’m not coming back next season'' no mention of the final season...

As others say Jon Snow not back or Kit Harington not back next season?
  • Where was in shown earlier in the UK?
  • Omg. I've never written those three letters before.

When does the next season start ?
  • Where was in shown earlier in the UK?

Sky Atlantic, it's shown at the same time as the U.S.
  • people saying that bitch priestess was at the wall for a reason... i think that's just hopeful reasoning... although... the mountain appearing "alive" casts some hope...

Has to be. Her story is at a dead end right now, so they could've killed her off. But they obviously need her to be involved in the story more, and of all the places she could've gone to, she went to the Wall? All the characters have had a pay off and a new set-up, being positioned on their news teams.

The Beric thing is also a dead end if they don't use that trick again. We were being told what the rules are. And of all people, they told Melisandre how to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    The series has caught up with the books now, plus added a few of its own twists and omitted bits in the book. For season 6 I think we'll get more from the white walkers, the greyjoys will be huge. Samwell Tarly's father will come into it (maybe). Possibly Brienne's father. They'll fight for the Lannisters I think. Bran will definitely come back. A possible wilding revolt over Jon snow's death? Martin says he'll start book 6 with 2 big battle scenes so maybe we'll get them - one will be in Meereen I think.

These aren't spoilers - this is me guessing now
  • Fiiish said:

Agreed. If you clicked on this thread prior to watching the last episode and wondering why there was about 50 new posts then you only have yourself to blame.

This is what I love though -

Benjen Stark was the only reason why Jon joined the Nights Watch. Then when he disappeared, that's why he went out with the Rangers and ended up sympathising with the Wildlings, leading to him knowing how to beat them and being decisive in their victory over them and being elected Lord Commander. But due to his sympathy, he decided to help the Wildlings and be labelled a traitor.

Then he got killed for being a traitor.

So basically the whole Benjen Stark thing, introduced back in Season 1, was basically one long wind-up that led to Jon very briefly lowering his guard long enough for his own men to kill him.

It's the greatest Chekhov's Gun in modern TV.

Yet to return in the books as well. That is one of the many questions unanswered. I perhaps thought benjen would be that white walker who led the army a couple of weeks back (or at least one of them). Obviously not, but I think benjen will return to help bran or rickon (I think rickon is still north of the wall, but I can't remember)
  • I'm always astonished at how people remember all the names of the even very obscure characters like Beric, I had only just learnt Jon Snow FFS!
  • cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

Agreed. If you clicked on this thread prior to watching the last episode and wondering why there was about 50 new posts then you only have yourself to blame.

Benjen Stark was the only reason why Jon joined the Nights Watch. Then when he disappeared, that's why he went out with the Rangers and ended up sympathising with the Wildlings, leading to him knowing how to beat them and being decisive in their victory over them and being elected Lord Commander. But due to his sympathy, he decided to help the Wildlings and be labelled a traitor.

So basically the whole Benjen Stark thing, introduced back in Season 1, was basically one long wind-up that led to Jon very briefly lowering his guard long enough for his own men to kill him.

Yet to return in the books as well. That is one of the many questions unanswered. I perhaps thought benjen would be that white walker who led the army a couple of weeks back (or at least one of them). Obviously not, but I think benjen will return to help bran or rickon (I think rickon is still north of the wall, but I can't remember)
    Benjen can't be a White Walker surely? At best he'd be a Wight.

Let's face it, Benjen is dead. Bran and Rickon are probably dead. Ayra is either blind or dead. Jon Snow is dead. Sansa died jumping out that tower. No more Starks at long last. At long last the greatest House in Westeros will rise.

The Tyrells, obviously.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

people saying that bitch priestess was at the wall for a reason... i think that's just hopeful reasoning... although... the mountain appearing "alive" casts some hope...

Has to be. Her story is at a dead end right now, so they could've killed her off. But they obviously need her to be involved in the story more, and of all the places she could've gone to, she went to the Wall? All the characters have had a pay off and a new set-up, being positioned on their news teams.

The Beric thing is also a dead end if they don't use that trick again. We were being told what the rules are. And of all people, they told Melisandre how to do it.
    They need to clear this up - he and The Lord of the light have been integral to the books and other characters' story lines. I appreciate there is a need for a slight difference between the 2 given the pace the TV series goes at, but without the berric Dondarion stuff I think they're missing a massive trick.

I also think they made too little of the Stannis and Arya story lines tonight. Too brief
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I've just entered this thread for the first time today, I figured it best to wait until after I had seen the show. GoT has a huge internet following. To avoid spoilers is tricky. To click on a thread called GoT the day after the biggest season finale in the show's history was very risky and unnecessary!

The show aired at 2am this morning and I presumed that made discussion fair game. TV water cooler stuff has changed hugely. It's not all linear anymore. The failure to understand that is the key problem here, not egomania.

Some people work nights, have the day off, whatever - not everyone has to wait until after 5pm. I wouldn't want to deny them the right to discuss because I am working late. It's been available on demand since 10am or so. As soon as 3am passed, the only way to be safe of spoilers is to avoid those parts of the web until you've seen it. That's the way it works now. We don't have a confirmed rule for here either. Hoping people would stick to the rules that are not clearly mentioned in this thread is really silly to me.

Rubbish.

Firstly, clicking on the thread tomorrow would be clicking on the thread the day after the finale.

Secondly, I am very aware that GoT has a massive amount of dedicated internet sites and blogs dedicated to it. Of course I avoided these sites. I made the mistake of logging onto a thread about GoT on a football forum that until today had been very respectful of the fact that most people would first watch each episode at 9 pm on a Monday night. There were no specific rules but common sense, decency and respect meant that no spoilers were posted before 9 pm showing.
  • cabbles said:

JiMMy 85 said:

people saying that bitch priestess was at the wall for a reason... i think that's just hopeful reasoning... although... the mountain appearing "alive" casts some hope...

They need to clear this up - he and The Lord of the light have been integral to the books and other characters' story lines. I appreciate there is a need for a slight difference between the 2 given the pace the TV series goes at, but without the berric Dondarion stuff I think they're missing a massive trick.

I also think they made too little of the Stannis and Arya story lines tonight. Too brief
    I thought this as well, Stannis' end was far too rushed, as was Ayra's bit. Considering Cersei got about 10 minutes of wandering around and the fact that literally nothing happened in the first 3 episodes of this season, this episode left a bad taste in the mouth. This season's pacing has been an absolute mess.
  • Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

Benjen can't be a White Walker surely? At best he'd be a Wight.

Let's face it, Benjen is dead. Bran and Rickon are probably dead. Ayra is either blind or dead. Jon Snow is dead. Sansa died jumping out that tower. No more Starks at long last. At long last the greatest House in Westeros will rise.

The Tyrells, obviously.
    Yeah a wight sorry. It was just a thought but I'm confident he'll be back. Bran will have a huge role to play as a warg in stopping the white walkers. Can't see Sansa dying after the trouble baelish has gone to in saving her. I was shocked at what happened with mycella and interested as to what the dothraki want with daenerys

Bloody hell I want the 6th book to hurry up :neutral: