Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Agreed. If you clicked on this thread prior to watching the last episode and wondering why there was about 50 new posts then you only have yourself to blame.

Where do you get 50 posts from dickhead. There were only 4 or 5 people who felt compelled to post about the episode this morning after they had watched it.

• Move on.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I've just entered this thread for the first time today, I figured it best to wait until after I had seen the show. GoT has a huge internet following. To avoid spoilers is tricky. To click on a thread called GoT the day after the biggest season finale in the show's history was very risky and unnecessary!

The show aired at 2am this morning and I presumed that made discussion fair game. TV water cooler stuff has changed hugely. It's not all linear anymore. The failure to understand that is the key problem here, not egomania.

Some people work nights, have the day off, whatever - not everyone has to wait until after 5pm. I wouldn't want to deny them the right to discuss because I am working late. It's been available on demand since 10am or so. As soon as 3am passed, the only way to be safe of spoilers is to avoid those parts of the web until you've seen it. That's the way it works now. We don't have a confirmed rule for here either. Hoping people would stick to the rules that are not clearly mentioned in this thread is really silly to me.

Rubbish.
    Which one of us had the show spoilt?
  • I found the Cersei walk of shame really uncomfortable viewing.

My boner was pressing right up against my jeans.

Not entirely convinced that was Lena Headey... looked more like a bad guy out of Goldeneye on the N64.
  • Haha yeah the CGI is amateur at times.
  • Why are you getting involved again you twat. I was responding to somebody else. Do I need your fucking permission?
  • edited June 2015
    As much as i try ( and believe me i do try ) i can never really understand who is who in this show and why they are doing what to whom. It feels like TV for nerds yet i continue to watch it and still enjoy it !.
  • Just can't help but think that the way they made a big thing about Melisandre returning to Castle Black immediately before Jon Snow's death made it really obvious that he's going to come back to life (like Beric Dondarrion).
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I found the Cersei walk of shame really uncomfortable viewing.

Not entirely convinced that was Lena Headey... looked more like a bad guy out of Goldeneye on the N64.
    You are definitely right. That wasn't her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just can't help but think that the way they made a big thing about Melisandre returning to Castle Black immediately before Jon Snow's death made it really obvious that he's going to come back to life (like Beric Dondarrion).

Agreed. Either it's done on purpose to fuck with the audience or, once Jon has been resurrected, he can leave Castle Black as technically his death releases him from his vows. Maybe that's why Melisandre led Stannis to a battle he was never going to win once she found Jon Snow and realised he was the true saviour of the Light.
  • As much as i try ( and believe me i do try ) i can never really understand who is who in this show and why they are doing what to whom. It feels like TV for nerds yet i continue to watch it and mildly enjoy it.

That's how I felt for the first three seasons. But I got really into pausing the show and going on the GoT Wiki page and reading backstories. I'd like to think I might get round to the books, but in the meantime the wiki gives it an extra layer of depth that the show can't offer, and really helps to tell who is who. I thought John Snow and Robb Stark were the same person for most of season one. I was so confused as to how he kept visiting the wall but got back down to Winterfell so quickly.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

As much as i try ( and believe me i do try ) i can never really understand who is who in this show and why they are doing what to whom. It feels like TV for nerds yet i continue to watch it and mildly enjoy it.

That's how I felt for the first three seasons. But I got really into pausing the show and going on the GoT Wiki page and reading backstories. I'd like to think I might get round to the books, but in the meantime the wiki gives it an extra layer of depth that the show can't offer, and really helps to tell who is who. I thought John Snow and Robb Stark were the same person for most of season one. I was so confused as to how he kept visiting the wall but got back down to Winterfell so quickly.
    The throne cast show helps a bit but i do think you have to have a certain way of thinking to get it completely.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

As much as i try ( and believe me i do try ) i can never really understand who is who in this show and why they are doing what to whom. It feels like TV for nerds yet i continue to watch it and mildly enjoy it.

The throne cast show helps a bit but i do think you have to have a certain way of thinking to get it completely.
    Thought Thronecast was brilliant tonight, that Gwendoline Christie was surprisingly funny
  • Fiiish said:

Just can't help but think that the way they made a big thing about Melisandre returning to Castle Black immediately before Jon Snow's death made it really obvious that he's going to come back to life (like Beric Dondarrion).

Agreed. Either it's done on purpose to fuck with the audience or, once Jon has been resurrected, he can leave Castle Black as technically his death releases him from his vows. Maybe that's why Melisandre led Stannis to a battle he was never going to win once she found Jon Snow and realised he was the true saviour of the Light.
    I think this is spot on, but I think Melisandre truly believed in Stannis. Her face dropping when she heard about half the men and all the horses leaving was when she realised that she had the wrong man down as Azor Ahai.
  • Ahhhh, that's better.
  • The bird with the big tits betrayed them all and a dragon burnt the town down
  • I went to Thronecast last night and I would definitely recommend it, although the applausestore free tickets are not a guarantee of entry (some had been queuing 4 hours prior to entry). The show itself was great the warm up guy was very good, Gwendoline Christie was huge and obviously I had a nice chat with Sue about CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I found the Cersei walk of shame really uncomfortable viewing.

I think Lena Headley was pregnant whilst this was being filmed hence the double
  • Did the butler do it ?
  • cfgs said:

I went to Thronecast last night and I would definitely recommend it, although the applausestore free tickets are not a guarantee of entry (some had been queuing 4 hours prior to entry). The show itself was great the warm up guy was very good, Gwendoline Christie was huge and obviously I had a nice chat with Sue about CAFC.

Is Perkins an Addick then CFGS?
  • edited June 2015
    Never seen it, don't have sky television. Michael Gove is a fan.
    Saw the first Star Wars film at the pictures, thought it was crap and never seen any others.
  • cfgs said:

I went to Thronecast last night and I would definitely recommend it, although the applausestore free tickets are not a guarantee of entry (some had been queuing 4 hours prior to entry). The show itself was great the warm up guy was very good, Gwendoline Christie was huge and obviously I had a nice chat with Sue about CAFC.

Yes an Eltham girl.

• seth plum said:

Saw the first Star Wars film at the pictures, thought it was crap and never seen any others.

Completely unrelated to Game of Thrones... Completely different story in a different galaxy in a different time zone. This is closer to a LOTR style than a Star Whores.
  • Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

Completely unrelated to Game of Thrones... Completely different story in a different galaxy in a different time zone. This is closer to a LOTR style than a Star Whores.
    What's it got to do with the price of fish?
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Yes an Eltham girl.

Oh wow, never knew that!
  • Glad that traitor is dead. Been taking the piss for far too long.
  • I avoided this thread yesterday just in case- only to see someone actually put up a status on fb about jon snow which was v irritiating. Great episode tho still loved it.

Can't believe the optimism on here about JS returning, i think there's no chance. Dead as a doorknob.