Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• edited August 2015
    :)
  • My mum went to Croatia a couple of weeks ago.

"We went to Dubrovnik, apparently they filmed some of that Game of Thrones there. Maybe I should watch it to see?"

I wouldn't, mum, not sure it'll be your thing....
  • SO HYPED FOR THIS.

Got the missus into game of thrones, over the last month we've been bombing through and she just started season 5. Been really good watching everything over and how melisandra bizarrely predicts a lot of stuff going on. Can't wait to see how bran is after his season training. I've been convinced for a while he's been controlling the dragons.
  • I don't think he is now, but I think he will very soon.
  • looks like he's been put up on a spike tbh.
    You could be right. Maybe it's all a giant bluff and he's really brown bread. Bloody teasers are turning me into a fanboy :-(

• He looks neither fully dead or alive to be honest.

His face had no blood on when he was on the floor after being merc'd by dem Croydon youth init.

Anyway... This is just a typical teaser...
  • Dazzler21 said:

He looks neither fully dead or alive to be honest.

His face had no blood on when he was on the floor after being merc'd by dem Croydon youth init.

Anyway... This is just a typical teaser...

Did LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there any where to get a reminder of the story so far?
    You could be right. Maybe it's all a giant bluff and he's really brown bread. Bloody teasers are turning me into a fanboy :-(

i'm pretty certain kit harington is in the next series as he's constantly been spotted filming scenes. Whether that's as jon snow however...
  • Is there any where to get a reminder of the story so far?

there's a game of thrones wiki. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

if you haven't watched it so far i highly recommend you watch all of it. Some amazing twists along the way.
  • All the people I know who enjoy GOT think Jon Snow is coming back
    I think it's a teaser enticing people into believing he is, but I really don't think he is.
  • Big_Bob said:

All the people I know who enjoy GOT think Jon Snow is coming back
    I think it's a teaser enticing people into believing he is, but I really don't think he is.

Jon Snow may not be coming back... Jon Targaryen however...
  • Big_Bob said:

All the people I know who enjoy GOT think Jon Snow is coming back

Kit Harrington has been on set for months, and hates having to keep his hair long for the part, yet hasn't cut it. It's quite an elaborate trick if he's not coming back. Plus there's the resurrection plot line they've been sewing seeds for, and Melisandre survived the Stannis storyline for some reason and currently has no narrative purpose... at this point it's far more likely that he is coming back to life.
  • We didn't actually see Stan is die.
  • Problem is smug fuckers who've read the books now have as much idea about what could happen next as the heathens who only watch he show. For me loads of breadcrumbs have been dropped as regards what will happen to at least Jon not so much Stannis that it will only be the bloody mindedness of the writer to kill him off once and for all.

He didn't get his head exploded after all
  • edited November 2015
    Here's how I think it's going to have gone down:

The Brothers have seen Jon become worthy of the title Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.

He has stepped up and chose Bowen Marsh as his second in command, a man who hates Snow almost more than he does the wildlings. He was also the man Jon saved during the battle where Ygritte was killed (battle of Castle Black).

They understand this was because Snow has chosen the best man to replace him as Lord Commander as his second.

The Brothers have had time to spean to Melisandre as she arrived hours before at Castle Black.

The Brothers have collectively decided that Jon's death and resurrection is the only way to free him from his vows and also allow him to fight for his remaining family.

Jon has been proven correct in every decision so far and they have seen this...

I think Jon will return as Jon Stark of Winterfell, The name Robb gave to him minutes before being mercilessly slaughtered at the Red Wedding.

Maybe the brothers have been made aware of this news and that's part of their decision to release him from his vows and the name Jon Snow in the only way they know... Death.

Or he's deader than Dead and will never return.

• We didn't actually see Stan is die.

99% of off-screen deaths usually mean the character didn't actually die., granted, but this one is different. Stannis and Brienne were obsessed with doing their duty. Brienne travelled a LONG way to kill him, and had absolutely no reason to change her mind when she got there. At which point he said "go on, do your duty." It's one off screen death we can probably assume actually happened. If it didn't, that would be the cheapest cheat since that zombie show did a similar thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have little doubt that Jon Snow is dead but will be resurrected, which will mean he's free of his vows ('until death takes me' or similar).

What's interesting is what he does next - both Robb and Stannis got close to legitimising him as Jon Stark but never quite did so I'm not sure he can really be lord of Winterfell/Warden of the North (or even King in the North if there were witnesses and allies in the north to Robb naming him as heir). Sure he has an army of Wildlings if he needs one.

Complicated of course by the fact Bran is alive and also the R+L=J thing which may be probed true soon.

What else could he do though?

Should he care about the politics of Westeros when he knows the white walkers are coming?
  • edited November 2015
    With Melisandre returning to Castle Black and Stannis proved not to be the prophesied saviour of the realm, I'd say it's all but confirmed that R+L=J will be a big reveal in season 6. They have apparently been shooting scenes at the Tower of Joy as well...

He will most likely lead the fight against the Others as the prophesied Azor Ahai. He could stake a claim for the Iron Throne if he does turn out to be a Taergaryen prince (son of Rhaegar) but weirdly this would make him the nephew of Daenerys.
  • weirdly this would make him the nephew of Daenerys.

I'd take that deal.
  • edited November 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

We didn't actually see Stan is die.

99% of off-screen deaths usually mean the character didn't actually die., granted, but this one is different. Stannis and Brienne were obsessed with doing their duty. Brienne travelled a LONG way to kill him, and had absolutely no reason to change her mind when she got there. At which point he said "go on, do your duty." It's one off screen death we can probably assume actually happened. If it didn't, that would be the cheapest cheat since that zombie show did a similar thing.
    or brienne thinks that the boltons would make stannis' death more horrific. I'm sure ramsey would see to that. Or try and use stannis as a bargaining chip to get sansa, only for her to learn sansa escaped.
  • With Melisandre returning to Castle Black and Stannis proved not to be the prophesied saviour of the realm, I'd say it's all but confirmed that R+L=J will be a big reveal in season 6. They have apparently been shooting scenes at the Tower of Joy as well...

He will most likely lead the fight against the Others as the prophesied Azor Ahai. He could stake a claim for the Iron Throne if he does turn out to be a Taergaryen prince (son of Rhaegar) but weirdly this would make him the nephew of Daenerys.

it would also mean his claim is stronger than Daenerys'.
  • Not sure Sansa escaped. Save for some unexpected miracles, her and Reek/Greyjoy were heading for a very splatty death a the base of the castle wall.
  • Not sure Sansa escaped. Save for some unexpected miracles, her and Reek/Greyjoy were heading for a very splatty death a the base of the castle wall.

Oh come on Randy, you believe that?
  • Dazzler21 said:

The Brothers have seen Jon become worthy of the title Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.

He has stepped up and chose Bowen Marsh as his second in command, a man who hates Snow almost more than he does the wildlings. He was also the man Jon saved during the battle where Ygritte was killed (battle of Castle Black).

They understand this was because Snow has chosen the best man to replace him as Lord Commander as his second.

The Brothers have had time to spean to Melisandre as she arrived hours before at Castle Black.

The Brothers have collectively decided that Jon's death and resurrection is the only way to free him from his vows and also allow him to fight for his remaining family.

I think Jon will return as Jon Stark of Winterfell, The name Robb gave to him minutes before being mercilessly slaughtered at the Red Wedding.

Maybe the brothers have been made aware of this news and that's part of their decision to release him from his vows and the name Jon Snow in the only way they know... Death.

I think you're giving the Night's Watch too much credit. I think they were just annoyed that Jon had let the Wildlings through the wall and wanted him dead.

Oh come on Randy, you believe that?
    Well the only thing I can see saving them is a dragon, and why would that happen? There is one dragon in Westeros currently after Daenerys appeared to land and then get captured on the Westeros side of the narrow sea, but the dragon has no reason to save Sansa other than unsatisfactory narrative necessity.

Or will they having an unlikely survival after plummeting from the top of the castle walls? That would be equally unsatisfactory if they were to land in a handily placed snow drift.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Dazzler21 said:

I think you're giving the Night's Watch too much credit. I think they were just annoyed that Jon had let the Wildlings through the wall and wanted him dead.

Maybe but I think making Bowen Marsh 2nd in command and also beheading the cowardly guy really will have struck a (spinal) cord with the watch.