Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• You know nothing John Snow
  • You know nothing John Snow

Yeah, but winter is coming.
  • Not sure Sansa escaped. Save for some unexpected miracles, her and Reek/Greyjoy were heading for a very splatty death a the base of the castle wall.

Oh come on Randy, you believe that?
    Well the only thing I can see saving them is a dragon, and why would that happen? There is one dragon in Westeros currently after Daenerys appeared to land and then get captured on the Westeros side of the narrow sea, but the dragon has no reason to save Sansa other than unsatisfactory narrative necessity.

Or will they having an unlikely survival after plummeting from the top of the castle walls? That would be equally unsatisfactory if they were to land in a handily placed snow drift.
    a moat.
  • There is absolutely no way Sansa and Reek are both dead. If that was their death scene, it would've played out a lot differently.

Stannis is dead. Sansa is alive. Reek is alive (but might still die from injuries from the fall). Snow is dead but will be alive once more. I'd put good money on all that.
  • There didn't appear to be a moat in the falling scene. Maybe Reek saves Sansa by landing beneath her, some sort of retribution for the pain he has caused the Stark's.
  • Or bran can Warg into the dragon (convinced this will happen sooner or later)
  • There didn't appear to be a moat in the falling scene. Maybe Reek saves Sansa by landing beneath her, some sort of retribution for the pain he has caused the Stark's.

I think they'll just be alright, in GoT terms that didn't look like a deadly fall.
  • Not sure Sansa escaped. Save for some unexpected miracles, her and Reek/Greyjoy were heading for a very splatty death a the base of the castle wall.

Well the only thing I can see saving them is a dragon, and why would that happen? There is one dragon in Westeros currently after Daenerys appeared to land and then get captured on the Westeros side of the narrow sea, but the dragon has no reason to save Sansa other than unsatisfactory narrative necessity.

Or will they having an unlikely survival after plummeting from the top of the castle walls? That would be equally unsatisfactory if they were to land in a handily placed snow drift.
    I believe the latter scenario. Sansa is a major character (yes I know they get killed off by the bucket load in GoT but not without a bit more drama than that!).

I believe the latter scenario. Sansa is a major character (yes I know they get killed off by the bucket load in GoT but not without a bit more drama than that!).
    plus whenever a character does get killed, they love to show us in all it's gore. Stannis is (for the moment) still alive, The Hound is still alive as well imo.
  • Sponsored links:

plus whenever a character does get killed, they love to show us in all it's gore. Stannis is (for the moment) still alive, The Hound is still alive as well imo.
    Stannis couldn't be more dead. Cut up, crippled and facing the sword of someone who is dedicated to killing him, there was nothing about the critical blow that implied it wasn't to his head. I think you're seeing ambiguity where it wasn't supposed to exist.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Not sure Sansa escaped. Save for some unexpected miracles, her and Reek/Greyjoy were heading for a very splatty death a the base of the castle wall.

Stannis couldn't be more dead. Cut up, crippled and facing the sword of someone who is dedicated to killing him, there was nothing about the critical blow that implied it wasn't to his head. I think you're seeing ambiguity where it wasn't supposed to exist.
    Whilst the death was implied, the fact that the writers/director cut away before you actually see it does indeed leave room for doubt and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up again at some point.

• edited November 2015
    That only makes sense if a) they are massively cheating the viewer and b) you weren't listening to a word Brienne said for 3 years.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

That only makes sense if a) they are massively cheating the viewer and b) you weren't listening to a word Brienne said for 3 years.

GoT has never shied away from showing even popular characters meeting gruesome fates so why did they choose not to here?

• It's entirely possible that it was simply to grisly to show on UK TV. Has anybody seen the same scene on the original HBO airing? HBO are famously uncensored (not regulated by the FCC at least), which Sky have the various regulatory bodies to answer to.
  • edited November 2015

It's entirely possible that it was simply to grisly to show on UK TV. Has anybody seen the same scene on the original HBO airing? HBO are famously uncensored (not regulated by the FCC at least), which Sky have the various regulatory bodies to answer to.

considering they showed some one's eyes gouged out and then their skull crushed as well as stabbing a pregnant woman's belly I'm pretty sure showing something isn't a problem.

It was the exact same as all versions broadcast.

My personal thoughts is brienne will be killed off, a massive shame as she's a fantastic honourable character. But we all know what happens to honourable characters in westeros... She's served her purpose and has spent the last couple of seasons wandering around aimlessly, a lot like robb stark was by the end of season 3.
  • I imagine Brienne would have just cut his head clean off if she has killed him, which has been shown several times in full detail already.

If Brienne has spared Stannis, I imagine it is to barter him for Sansa or something? Either way I agree, Stannis is not confirmed dead until we see his head and body in separate pieces on screen.
  • I don't think Brienne would have 'spared' Stannis. If Stannis is alive I think it would be because something nasty happened to Brienne before she could kill him.
  • A week to go!  I'm currently without Sky so am hoping that there may be, erm, other completely legal ways to watch a decent copy.  Anyone watched previous series without Sky?  Is it available pretty quickly?
  • Sponsored links:

• A week to go!  I'm currently without Sky so am hoping that there may be, erm, other completely legal ways to watch a decent copy.  Anyone watched previous series without Sky?  Is it available pretty quickly?
    There be ways to watch without SKY Atlantic but dont think those ways are very legal; Garrrr

They usually appear quite quickly (within 24-hours) or so I be told me hearty
  • Rewatched S7 last week as I am terrible for forgetting pretty much everything in between series. Looking forward to next weeks, apparently the first episode is incredible!
  • Will there be a series recap?
  • Will there be a series recap?
    I think there’s one on Sky catch up now 
    My mate (cough, cough) has watched every episode as well as everything else worth watching on Sky. He uses Cyberflix.

He says if you look on YouTube there are loads of ways of downloading it using an Amazon Firestick.

I would not dream of doing this as it is illegal but my mate (cough, cough) cracks on.
  • Torrents are up within hours of it being on TV
  • Torrents are up within hours minutes of it being on TV

Why not give NowTV a go then? Cheap monthly subscription which can be cancelled any time.
  • edited April 2019
    A week to go!  I'm currently without Sky so am hoping that there may be, erm, other completely legal ways to watch a decent copy.  Anyone watched previous series without Sky?  Is it available pretty quickly?
    My mate (cough, cough) has watched every episode as well as everything else worth watching on Sky. He uses Cyberflix.

He says if you look on YouTube there are loads of ways of downloading it using an Amazon Firestick.

I would not dream of doing this as it is illegal but my mate (cough, cough) cracks on.
    I wouldn't dream of using Cyberflix.  I also have a mate who does though. 

So that would be good news to him.  Thank you.
    Why not give NowTV a go then? Cheap monthly subscription which can be cancelled any time.
    £8 a month for the entertainment package.

Worth noting that Tesco are selling the NowTv sticks for £15 with 2 free entertainment passes, I’ve just picked one up as your essentially getting a stick for -£1!