Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• A week to go!  I'm currently without Sky so am hoping that there may be, erm, other completely legal ways to watch a decent copy.  Anyone watched previous series without Sky?  Is it available pretty quickly?
    Why not give NowTV a go then? Cheap monthly subscription which can be cancelled any time.
    This is what I use.
  • edited April 2019
    Rewatching series 7 at the moment and I had a sudden thought, the Mountain is like a walking zombie and if he gets close to the Night King I wonder what will happen.

(Probably been mentioned on here already though).
  • I don't think that'll happen. Unless the Night King skips Winterfell for Kings Landing.
  • True but it is still impossible to know for certain what will occur and the Night King might fly his dragon down to Kings Landing.
  • I see the Mountain as controlled/'alive' by a different sort of magic to the sights, but who knows?

Would be interesting if the Mountain was a Wight in a similar way as that would mean he could be killed by fire.

Would be a kind of poetic/heroic moment and a nice bit of symmetry if the Hound could put aside his fear of fire to kill the brother that caused it.
  • I hadn't seen any episodes up until around Xmas then watched all of them. I absolutely loved it. 
    Then realised about that the new season was starting this month about three weeks ago, decided that I couldn't remember half the people etc, decided to watch it all again. Now just coming to the end of season 7 and feel I did in fact miss a lot of details the first time around (and pleased I watched it all again). It was well worth it.
  • I see the Mountain as controlled/'alive' by a different sort of magic to the sights, but who knows?

Would be interesting if the Mountain was a Wight in a similar way as that would mean he could be killed by fire.

Would be a kind of poetic/heroic moment and a nice bit of symmetry if the Hound could put aside his fear of fire to kill the brother that caused it.
    I think John Snow, who we know has died and come back to life, might have some sort of imperviousness to the Night King (who represents death, which John Snow has already overcome).
  • Cant wait for this, every other season I normally re-watch from Season 1 but I haven't really had the time so did Season 7, it amazes me how every time I watch back I notice bits I didn't before or even at some points I think have I even seen this bit before? So much going on, shame its the finale but also excited!

Not sure why people always try and guess the plot/ ending, just enjoy it and see what happens no one likes a smart ars :P

• edited April 2019
    Smart arse, you say? I can give this a shot!!

My guess is that Daenerys will have to willingly give up the throne. She’s the one who has been demanding it the whole time so it’d be standard dramatic irony for her to turn it down/ sacrifice herself for the greater good. This will dovetail with whatever Jon’s story entails. 

Sansa’s arc has seen her become a smart, experienced and solid leader so she’ll be the queen of something, possibly the north. 

We we saw a group of whites drop dead when a walker was killed so that’s setting something else up, as we haven’t seen it achieve anything yet. 

Most characters have completed their arcs and stories now, so very few are safe. Jaime and Cersei have unfinished business, and the Hound probably needs to meet Arya and his brother again but that’s about it!
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Smart arse, you say? I can give this a shot!!

My guess is that Daenerys will have to willingly give up the throne. She’s the one who has been demanding it the whole time so it’d be standard dramatic irony for her to turn it down/ sacrifice herself for the greater good. This will dovetail with whatever Jon’s story entails. 

Sansa’s arc has seen her become a smart, experienced and solid leader so she’ll be the queen of something, possibly the north. 

We we saw a group of whites drop dead when a walker was killed so that’s setting something else up, as we haven’t seen it achieve anything yet. 

Most characters have completed their arcs and stories now, so very few are safe. Jaime and Cersei have unfinished business, and the Hound probably needs to meet Arya and his brother again but that’s about it!
    I presumed from that scene that the likes of Jon Snow need to prioritise killing the Night King and White Walkers

They're like the command ships in Phantom Menace, kill them and the dead they've each "brought back" will die themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going for Samwell being the hero.
  • There's going to be a dragon vs dragon fight for sure. And The Hound is going to fight his brother at some point. But at this point just about nobody is safe. Cersei is almost certainly a goner, I don't think Jon AND Danerys are both going to make it out alive either. Tyrion might also bite it to give Peter Dinklage a hefty dramatic death scene to sign off with.
    Long shot outside bet: Bronn ends up on the Iron Throne. (Please.)
  • The SkyBet odds for GOT are interesting 👀
  • I’ve got a nagging feeling that there won’t be a throne by the end. 
  • Bran Stark is the night king 
  • Carter said:
    Bran Stark is the night king 
    Has to be something like that. If not what is the Night King’s aim?
  • edited April 2019
    Have heard all sorts of fan theories and this one feels right to me....Bran wargs back in time to stop the White Walkers and accidentally becomes the Night King. Bran is the leader of the WWs. Looking back in episode one when Bran is in bed, an old woman tells him a story about the white walkers. Says the original name of the first WW was Bran. Also, the One-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow) warned him that one can get stuck in the past if one is not careful. Plus, the Night King seems to know when Bran is around and even grabbed him once while he was warging. Because he recognizes himself.
  • How can Bran be himself and the night king as himself at the same time? 
  • edited April 2019
    Personally, I think it would be epic if everyone cancels each other out and this kid sits upon The Iron Throne... she has the most guts of any of em...

• And the most mental accent 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have heard all sorts of fan theories and this one feels right to me....Bran wargs back in time to stop the White Walkers and accidentally becomes the Night King. Bran is the leader of the WWs. Looking back in episode one when Bran is in bed, an old woman tells him a story about the white walkers. Says the original name of the first WW was Bran. Also, the One-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow) warned him that one can get stuck in the past if one is not careful. Plus, the Night King seems to know when Bran is around and even grabbed him once while he was warging. Because he recognizes himself.
    And then the NK tried to kill Bran, which if he needed Bran to complete the circle and become him (in the NK's past and Bran's future), surely he wouldn't have tried to do?
  • Have heard all sorts of fan theories and this one feels right to me....Bran wargs back in time to stop the White Walkers and accidentally becomes the Night King. Bran is the leader of the WWs. Looking back in episode one when Bran is in bed, an old woman tells him a story about the white walkers. Says the original name of the first WW was Bran. Also, the One-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow) warned him that one can get stuck in the past if one is not careful. Plus, the Night King seems to know when Bran is around and even grabbed him once while he was warging. Because he recognizes himself.
    And then the NK tried to kill Bran, which if he needed Bran to complete the circle and become him (in the NK's past and Bran's future), surely he wouldn't have tried to do?
    He tried to kill him? Or maybe he was trying to capture him so he could not go back in time and muddle things up. Hodor saved Bran but I am less sure the NK wanted him dead.
  • Bran being the NK is a classic fan theory. I don’t believe it for a moment. It doesn’t make a lick of sense. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Bran being the NK is a classic fan theory. I don’t believe it for a moment. It doesn’t make a lick of sense. 
    I'll quote you on this when it turns out to be true. :p
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Bran being the NK is a classic fan theory. I don’t believe it for a moment. It doesn’t make a lick of sense. 
    Neither did the Hodor thing really. It wouldn’t surprise me if the writers do it purely for fan service.
  • edited April 2019
    Have heard all sorts of fan theories and this one feels right to me....Bran wargs back in time to stop the White Walkers and accidentally becomes the Night King. Bran is the leader of the WWs. Looking back in episode one when Bran is in bed, an old woman tells him a story about the white walkers. Says the original name of the first WW was Bran. Also, the One-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow) warned him that one can get stuck in the past if one is not careful. Plus, the Night King seems to know when Bran is around and even grabbed him once while he was warging. Because he recognizes himself.
    You're confusing the Knights King and The Night King

The Knights King was Brandon the builder.

He is not the Night King, I think the night king is a stark though.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ve got a nagging feeling that there won’t be a throne by the end. 
    I'm sure I heard (or read) once upon a time that the Iron Throne is made up of valyrian steel swords, so wouldn't be surprised if they were re-moulded to help prepare the defence.
  • I've been banging on about this theory for years - i'm sure Bran is going to control one of Danaerys dragon. It makes so much sense with the whole "Flying" theme that surrounds Bran, each dragon will only accept one rider, so I'm imagining that Dany has Drogon, John will control the other, is it Rhaegal?, and maybe Bran will warg to control Viserion to help defeat the NK.

I personally don't quite buy the Bran is the NK theory, but I can understand where it comes from.
  • I reckon Jamie will end up killing Cersei