Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Big_Bob said:

I avoided this thread yesterday just in case- only to see someone actually put up a status on fb about jon snow which was v irritiating. Great episode tho still loved it.

Can't believe the optimism on here about JS returning, i think there's no chance. Dead as a doorknob.

No chance, eh? Fancy a wager?
  • The thing with game of thrones unless someone has their head removed from their body they tend to pop up again

Next season should be good, pirates and samwells dad involved and a lot of brand new stuff for those all caught up with the books
  • This thread is forum gold! What was the spoiler, that something big happens in the season finale?

Spoiler, something big happens at the end of the next series!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Big_Bob said:

I avoided this thread yesterday just in case- only to see someone actually put up a status on fb about jon snow which was v irritiating. Great episode tho still loved it.

Can't believe the optimism on here about JS returning, i think there's no chance. Dead as a doorknob.

Yeah why not?
  • I'd recommend reading the books in between the seasons, adds a lot more of the backstory and certain decisions from characters make a lot more sense than in the show.

Personally thought the last season was poor, some of the dialogue was amateur and certain characters have been basically ruined in terms of development.
  • This thread is forum gold! What was the spoiler, that something big happens in the season finale?

Spoiler, something big happens at the end of the next series!

Someone open the moon door.
  • Big_Bob said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Big_Bob said:

Yeah why not?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyvjgs40Oo
  • Carter said:

The thing with game of thrones unless someone has their head removed from their body they tend to pop up again

Next season should be good, pirates and samwells dad involved and a lot of brand new stuff for those all caught up with the books

But will the Hound return ?
  • se9addick said:

Carter said:

The thing with game of thrones unless someone has their head removed from their body they tend to pop up again

But will the Hound return ?
    Maybe...

• Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Common Sense Quiz:

The Game of Thrones season finale has already aired. This is the 50th episode of the show, so if you are a fan you are already aware that the show airs in the US before the UK and UK fans can access the episode before its 'official' primetime showing on UK TV. However, you are yet to watch it, but you are also a Charlton Life member and you log onto the board.

Which of these threads do you click on if you wish to avoid GoT spoilers?

[ ] The Game of Thrones thread
    [ ] Literally any other thread on the forum

Answers on a back of a postcard to the usual address please.

The General Election thread
  • Wowzers Batman I think we've got a live one!

Red it's a TV show, it's not the end of the world. There is literally NO excusable reason for turning to personal insults to other forum members over a TV show.

(No VG not even Towie)
  • Thought it was the poorest season so far, too reliant on shock value and with some very poor side plots like Dorne. However, I still enjoyed it overall - ome good acting and dialogue and the changes to the various sub-lots in the book generally make sense.
  • There's also no excusable reason for going into a thread about the subject you're so desperate to avoid that you're willing to flirt with a lifetime ban, but here we are!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Wowzers Batman I think we've got a live one!

Red it's a TV show, it's not the end of the world. There is literally NO excusable reason for turning to personal insults to other forum members over a TV show.

(No VG not even Towie)

It is excusable when the poster is Fiiish and he starts posting his usual snidy condescending comments!
  • Jints said:

Thought it was the poorest season so far, too reliant on shock value and with some very poor side plots like Dorne. However, I still enjoyed it overall - ome good acting and dialogue and the changes to the various sub-lots in the book generally make sense.

Agreed (apart from the bit about the books which I haven't read!)
  • @Red_in_SE8 and @Fiiish

Careful AFKA will bang your heads together....if you're not too tall to reach.
  • I do enjoy your use of the phrase 'dickhead'. A term that's faded over the years but you're really bringing it back. Thanks.

Looking forward to future uses of the words knob jockey, bell end and cock goblin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

@Red_in_SE8 and @Fiiish

Careful AFKA will bang your heads together....if you're not too tall to reach.

I'm not the only person commenting on the lack of common sense someone must have to click on a GoT thread and be horrified to see spoilers. I think it is mainly due to built-up angst since May's vote and his previous conduct in the General Election thread that he's specifically naming me (although he has been swearing at others as well).
  • edited June 2015
    Great thread. Never watched GOT, but it can't be as good as this. Please carry on.

PS, I've just opened, the Joe Gomez, rumours thread & I'm gutted to read, that there are rumours, that he may be leaving. FFS.
  • Pack it in now please, everyone has made their point.
  • In the match thread it's frowned on and done to irritate when people post premier league scores and I agree with that, it's a thread with no relevance to anything other than the cafc match thread,

If I was to open the thread that says premier league scores from this current weekend or evening, and I saw that there was updates or final scores I couldn't really moan,

Now before red gets the hump I am not comparing this thread totally to that scenario, as I don't see why there was a need to post the conclusion on this thread as it has run 21 pages without it getting to people giving anything other than opinion and understanding

But you do run the risk of reading something that you don't want too and that is the risk you take opening the thread

Now everyone is a knobhead, we are all a bunch on cnuts

Can we move on to playing dungeons and dragons Rd reds gaff and I want to be the warlock with the mace and broad sword
  • i'll be the sorcerer with chloroform and my own broad sword
  • That's a bit kinky , but as long as you are a bird with a fetish for being called dave I am in

However if you are fella who is called dave then I will politely decline , hopefully before the chloroform is used and the broad sword leaves me unable to bath without fear of filling up with the water