Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham 2015 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Up by £8. Such a good start after the first two came in. Well done to all those who won some dough
  • Options
    Drinks are on Peanuts.
    As they say form is temporary but class is forever.
  • Options
    You old flatterer you, Abs. You've feathered your nest pretty nicely this week. No doubt will tomorrow aswell.
  • Options
    Told ya no favorites today
  • Options
    Peace and Co, No More Heroes & Roi des Francs for me tomorrow . Also maybe a little tickle on Ned Buntline for the obvious reasons..
  • Options
    Just totted up my wins and losses for last three days and turns out I am up. By one English pound.

Have that Paddy Power. AFKA the Punters Pal will once again be out to destroy you tomorrow.
  • Options

Told ya no favorites today

Fautour
  • Options

You old flatterer you, Abs. You've feathered your nest pretty nicely this week. No doubt will tomorrow aswell.

Knights Parade (my big bet of the day) Boom

Always send my winnings from Cheltenham to the injured jockeys fund.
  • Options
    SC going for a walk in the Gold Cup, who is your pick?
  • Options
    I always back the giant bolster in the gold cup got robbed last year and at 33/1 with rain coming I think it's well worth an each way bet he loves this race
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gold Cup: backed Many Clouds ages ago and in a few doubles one of which is still alive alive oh .. a saver bet: Road to Riches and a wee wager on Houblon des Obeaux in case it rains lots .. Venetia's horses seem to love treacly ground over 3 miles +

Done rank outsiders for small wagers in a few other races .. Hawk High, Old Guard, Ebony Express (not so rank)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    7 of us put a quid in each at work and done an e/w accy.

It got to the last race where they offered us 600 quid to cash out or 1500 if champagne james came in the top 5.

We risked it and lost :(
  • Options

It got to the last race where they offered us 600 quid to cash out or 1500 if champagne james came in the top 5.

Bad luck. CJ ran a strange race, Was bet almost as unbeatable before the off but ran at the back till it was to late and even though it passed most of the field, was left too much to do. But wasn't the jockeys fault. Horse wasn't bothered.
  • Options
    1:30 hargam, top notch e/w
    2:05 princely con
    2:40 no more heroes
    3:20 road to riches
    4:00 salsify
    4:40 Rio des francs
    5:15 ned Buntline, next sensation e/w
  • Options

You won't want to hear this but why didn't you cash out and have a separate bet on Champagne James?!
  • Options
    HandG said:

You won't want to hear this but why didn't you cash out and have a separate bet on Champagne James?!
    Because we were all getting excited like kids in a sweet shop. Haha. All while trying to keep it on the sly with the bosses sitting near us. Plus being a group decision majority said just leave it and hope he gets top 5.

We are doing the same tomorrow too but can't see us getting to the final race again.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Gold Cup: .......a wee wager on Houblon des Obeaux in case it rains lots ........

I'm with you Lincs. No give in the ground no interest but the forecast rain should be a big help to Houblon Des Obeaux, who did it for me as runner up with top-weight in the Hennessy (3.25L behind Many Clouds giving him 6lbs) on soft. 66/1 from Ladbrokes (4 places) is unbelievable each way value IMHO. Have to have some of that.
    Also, for the same reasons, an e/w interest in Sam Winner.
    Gold Cup often throws up a long price placed horse....and very occasionally a Nortons Coin.
  • Options
    Here we go. Last day.
    1.30 HARGAM 7/1
    2.05 PRINCELY CON 9/1
    2.40 NO MORE HEROES 9/2
    3.20 CONEYGREE 9/1
    4.00 CONSIGLIERE 33/1( E/W)
    4.40 FULL SHIFT 10/1
    5.15 TURN OVER SIVOLA 25/1(E/W)

• Options
    Hargam
    Sort it out
    Value at risk
    Many clouds
    On the fringe
    Roi des francs
    Eastlake

Will have e/w on houblon des obeaux in gold cup. Also have to back McCoy in the last.

Final day let's hope I don't hand everything back.
  • Options
    5mm of overnight rain peanuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only bet today is 5.15 Blood Cotil
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Is that enough to have an effect??
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Never do well in the Foxhunters but the rain tempts me to have a dabble.
    Softened ground could well see On The Fringe improve on last years' staying on 3rd (on Good) and I'll have him at 8/1 on the nose.
    But funny things happen in the Foxhunters and Nina could find traffic problems if she employs her usual hold up tactics.
    So will also will have an e/w interest in Vital Pilot (25/1 [4 places]). Well held by On The Fringe based on Punchestown Hnt Ch last May but he also handles soft, came down 3 out when going well when fav Paint The Clouds won the big 3.5m HntCh at Stratford last summer (PTC probably won't appreciate the softer going) and has the excellent Jamie Codd on board.
    Good luck all.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

The course was good - soft in places so it might take a little bit of the quickness out the good but unless it rains further I can't see it making too much difference to be truthful
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Never do well in the Foxhunters but the rain tempts me to have a dabble.
    Softened ground could well see On The Fringe improve on last years' staying on 3rd (on Good) and I'll have him at 8/1 on the nose.
    But funny things happen in the Foxhunters and Nina could find traffic problems if she employs her usual hold up tactics.
    So will also will have an e/w interest in Vital Pilot (25/1 [4 places]). Well held by On The Fringe based on Punchestown Hnt Ch last May but he also handles soft, came down 3 out when going well when fav Paint The Clouds won the big 3.5m HntCh at Stratford last summer (PTC probably won't appreciate the softer going) and has the excellent Jamie Codd on board.
    Good luck all.

It's on. I have gone for a super heinz

1.30 Peace & Co
    2.05 Princely Conn
    2.40 Tea for Two
    3.20 Road to Riches
    4.00 Paint the Clouds
    4.40 McKinley
    5.15 Blood Cotil

Good luck everyone
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Speaking on Sky Sports, clerk of the course Simon Claisse said: "We've had five millimetres and expect more, though it is forecast to clear by early afternoon.

"We are now good to soft (from good on the hurdles course, good, good to soft in places on the chase course) and if we have another three to five millimetres we'd be on soft ground."
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

The course was good - soft in places so it might take a little bit of the quickness out the good but unless it rains further I can't see it making too much difference to be truthful
    Don't disagree smiffy but marginal changes that 5mm+ of rain make can have a major impact on horses staying on up the hill at the end of 27f.
  • Options
    my picks for today;
    1.30 hargam
    2.05 quickjack
    2.40 blaklion
    3.20 holywell
    4.00 carsonstown boy
    4.40 on tour
    5.15 blood cotil
  • Options
    1:30 - Hargam
    2:05 - Waxies Dargle
    3:20 - Djakadam
    5:15 - Bellenos
  • Options
    What's the catch with Current Event in the 4:00 other than me betting on it?!