Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall sack holloway

Comments

• Options
    I can't see Holloway getting another job too soon
  • Options
    Whats SLL and @Millwallfan views?
  • Options

Last season, they had Doncaster in wobbly form and Birmingham in freefall. It is looking a lot tougher this year, but things could look very different within 2 or 3 games. Their only hope is for someone to do a Donny.

Last season at 12 March:

statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2013-2014/table/2014-03-12

16 Bolton Wanderers 35 9 13 13 46 50 -4 40
    17 Sheffield Weds 34 9 12 13 39 41 -2 39
    18 Blackpool 35 9 11 15 30 49 -19 38
    19 Birmingham City 35 9 10 16 42 47 -5 37
    20 Doncaster Rovers 35 9 9 17 32 54 -22 36
    21 Millwall 35 7 10 18 32 62 -30 31
    22 Yeovil Town 34 7 8 19 30 49 -19 29
    23 Barnsley 34 6 11 17 31 59 -28 29
    24 Charlton Athletic 31 6 10 15 24 41 -17 28

seeing that again just shows what a remarkable job Jose did
    I think us being bottom of the table was a false position; we were never the worst team in the league at any point and with the FA Cup and myriad postponements we'd barely played in the new year. We were only three points off Millwall and had played four games fewer. Having said that though, the fact that we had to make up those games playing Saturday-Tuesday constantly and still producing really solid, energetic displays reflects fantastically on Riga.
    Worst team in the league? I dont know....maybe not.

But there are some short memories here I think. Just before Jose joined, we were really putting in some piss poor performances. So whilst the games in hand maybe lead to a false league position, it was a remarkable upturn in both performances AND results.
  • Options
    Language issues. Apparently. :wink:
  • Options
    Could have waited till after we play them. Arggghhhhh
    Agent Holloway was doing a magnificent job.
  • Options
    He was see doing a jig of joy down Cold Blow Lane singing..."Free, Free at Last!" (apologies to Dr King)
  • Options

Last season, they had Doncaster in wobbly form and Birmingham in freefall. It is looking a lot tougher this year, but things could look very different within 2 or 3 games. Their only hope is for someone to do a Donny.

Last season at 12 March:

statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2013-2014/table/2014-03-12

I think us being bottom of the table was a false position; we were never the worst team in the league at any point and with the FA Cup and myriad postponements we'd barely played in the new year. We were only three points off Millwall and had played four games fewer. Having said that though, the fact that we had to make up those games playing Saturday-Tuesday constantly and still producing really solid, energetic displays reflects fantastically on Riga.

But there are some short memories here I think. Just before Jose joined, we were really putting in some piss poor performances. So whilst the games in hand maybe lead to a false league position, it was a remarkable upturn in both performances AND results.
    I agree. Ok, we had more games to play, but we were averaging less than a point per game. If you generously say we'd have got a point per game from the remaining fixtures we'd have finished on 43 points.....and been relegated
  • Options

Last season at 12 March:

Completely agree. Don't wanna take away from what Jose did, but we had four games in hand on the team 4th from bottom and would have been in touching distance without the games in hand. Still have to win the games but I was always confident we'd stay up.
  • Options

Last season at 12 March:

Absolutely. As I said, Riga did a fantastic job getting that kind of effort and performance from the players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last season at 12 March:

Completely agree. Don't wanna take away from what Jose did, but we had four games in hand on the team 4th from bottom and would have been in touching distance without the games in hand. Still have to win the games but I was always confident we'd stay up.
    That's the thing - we still had to win the games. Based on the fact that we were averaging less than a point a game and turning in lifeless performances week on week, there was nothing to suggest we would have won the games in hand.

Either way - looking at that table makes you realise that if we turned it around, then so can bloody Millwall!
  • Options
    Millwall are doomed this year. Holloway looked and sounded like he'd come to the end of the road but I'm not sure anyone could do significantly better with that group of players. They need a miracle to avoid the trapdoor, especially with Rotherham putting a couple of wins together.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This Saturday's fixtures for the bottom 9

Rotherham v Wigan
    Sheff Wed v Fulham
    Brighton v Wolves
    Bolton v Millwall
    Birmingham v Hudds
    Bournemouth v Blackpool
    Watford v Reading
  • Options
    Tough run in to

Saturday 14 March
    15:00
    Bolton Wanderers v. Millwall
    Millwall v. Brighton and Hove Albion
    Brentford v. Millwall
    Millwall v. Charlton Athletic
    Blackburn Rovers v. Millwall
    Millwall v. Watford
    Millwall v. Wigan Athletic
    Cardiff City v. Millwall
    Millwall v. Derby County
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Millwall
  • Options
    thanks for everything, Ian.
  • Options
    I for one will be clapping on the 4th minute at Saturdays game for the 4 defeats in a row that led to his sacking.
    Can we start an online petition to get him back?
  • Options
    These lot never f***ing know when to just call it a day and die. Neil Harris will rejuvinate the home faithful at least which, although we hate to admit it, does influence the games down there.

A victory against them was looking plain sailing until today. Absolute bollocks.
  • Options

if people think Millwall can stay up then we can still make the play off's

i'll have them staying up and us missing out on the play offs as a charity bet if anyone has no marbles and would like to take the other side as in us making the play offs and scum going down
    one of each will prolly happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

I can't see Holloway getting another job too soon

I always think that when an inept manager gets sacked, only to see some other club give him a job soon after..........
  • Options
    I used to like Ollie, but he has tarnished himself with his last 2 appointments. I don't think he's necessarily bad, but sometimes is the right manager in the right place and others clearly not. I think he contributed massively to Palace going up in the Play Offs and is clearly good at that type of game, but not in the day to day of the league.
    I'm sure he'll be back. After Nigels and Spanners, where next? Welling?

• Options
    rananegra said:

The Gills.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I used to like Ollie, but he has tarnished himself with his last 2 appointments. I don't think he's necessarily bad, but sometimes is the right manager in the right place and others clearly not. I think he contributed massively to Palace going up in the Play Offs and is clearly good at that type of game, but not in the day to day of the league.

He did a good job with Blackpool, playing exciting (if naive) football and made them many people's second team. Nobody expected them to stay up anyway, but he made sure their season in the PL was memorable, and not just a season a parking the bus and still losing.
    I'm not sure what's gone wrong since then...
  • Options

rananegra said:

He did a good job with Blackpool, playing exciting (if naive) football and made them many people's second team. Nobody expected them to stay up anyway, but he made sure their season in the PL was memorable, and not just a season a parking the bus and still losing.
    I'm not sure what's gone wrong since then...
    He got lucky with Blackpool - that would be my suggestion.
  • Options
    He is generally good to listen to, but that is because he says the first thing that comes into his head. His managerial record is so so. I think he could get another job as long as he goes low. He got Palace up, but their form after he joined them wasn’t fantastic and He kept Millwall up last year. He has looked very down in recent interviews – like a broken man,
  • Options

if people think Millwall can stay up then we can still make the play off's

i'll have them staying up and us missing out on the play offs as a charity bet if anyone has no marbles and would like to take the other side as in us making the play offs and scum going down
    one of each will prolly happen
    I'll take it oohaah as it's for charity and obviously I have no marbles ... doubt both will happen anyway but more than happy to pay a charity bet if we get to the play-offs and they go down.

So:
    My side of the bet: Charlton for play-offs, Spanners for relegation.
    Your side: Spanners stay up, we miss the playoffs.

How much and which charity - Demelza?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Don't laugh , stranger things have happened, but Roland might want him in the network, could be our next manager.....

• Options
    WATTever

still going down