Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

I feel sorry for Blackpool and their fans, but man, a 3-0 away win on a tuesday is sweet. I begin to feel Church is a bit like a playing versión of Parky. To begin with, he was loathed by everyone, but slowly, people are noticing that although his goals to games ratio is poor, he creates a lot of space for other players and tries hard. He's never gonna be POTY at the Valley, but we've had players who earned more and deserved less tan hi, and despite the stick he gets, he still puts in a shift.

Like a supernova fading in its death throws, spewing out the last of its heavier elements fused at its core, before gravity sucks it back in and reduces it to a dense white dwarf. In English, his contract is up at the end of the season and we won't see him in a Charlton shirt thereafter.

He has always tried his very best though, and although I've criticised him a lot on here, thanks for all your efforts Churchy, I hope you find a club where you can score goals and get 1st team football.
  • Options
    Have to admit that after the properly flat performance on Saturday, I was concerned that the players had gone on holiday already and was sure we'd slip up again tonight.

Big kudos to Guy (again) shuffled the pack and comes up trumps (again).

Very surprised to see Solly playing on that pitch, but am now now wondering whether we were being over protective earlier in the season.

Seen JBG's goal and it is a cracker. He will pretty much be able to hold his own goal of the season comp now!.

Love Guy's "David Beckham of the Championship" comment.

Slightly pissed off that I can't make Saturday, but am sure 3 days on the piss in Gdansk and a Lechia Gdansk game on Saturday will soften the blow.
  • Options
    JBG to finish as our top goalscorer I reckon.
  • Options
    Fair play boys scoring three and keeping a clean sheet is very impressive albeit against Blackpool. Looking forward to saturday now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win, very us to have slipped up there! Lovely win! Mind the gap Piggy!!!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a decent bit of tinkering by Guy and a very professional performance. Very happy with any away win, let alone 3-0 !
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    poor pitch which made passing difficult so the ball spent a lot of time in the air which didn't suit us but 3 well taken goals and a great team effort. Blackpool had chances but didn't take them, we took our chances, that was the difference. Like others feel sorry for their supporters.
  • Options
    Very happy for Church. Deserves nothing less.
  • Options
    Disappointed to see we no longer have the most draws in the division as brighton caught us up with tonights draw at the toolbox
  • Options
    Seen all three goals on sky ... JBG involved in all three.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Great win in a potential banana skin game with arguably a slightly weakened team. Well done boys, 3 more on Saturday please , tho I'd sacrifice that for a win at the toolbox

Sounds like a clinical performance on an awful pitch so well done but Blackpool are this type of banana skin.

• Options
    One thing that is certain we cannot finish bottom of the league after this victory.
  • Options
    Brilliant result - well done to all the lads, and the die-hards who made the trip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Tremendous swearing by RJ, completely out performed the crowd and home effort by Clark. With lino abuse like that surely a long term oath of allegiance can't be far off. Assist for JG goal to the keeper who clearly had 0-3 on his coupon. Took him til the restart to get across his goal he was so far over. Churchinho goal and oh so nearly a glancing finish from Pointyhead. Would of been a legendary night if that had gone in. Fantastic shapes in the air from Captain France, balletic really, definitely deserved a better audience than last Xmas's leftover tangerines.
  • Options
    Sorry to spoil the Church love in, but it is easy to praise him to the hills when he hardly plays. Glad he scored tonight but please don't put him in against Millwall, Guy....
  • Options

I feel sorry for Blackpool and their fans, but man, a 3-0 away win on a tuesday is sweet. I begin to feel Church is a bit like a playing versión of Parky. To begin with, he was loathed by everyone, but slowly, people are noticing that although his goals to games ratio is poor, he creates a lot of space for other players and tries hard. He's never gonna be POTY at the Valley, but we've had players who earned more and deserved less tan hi, and despite the stick he gets, he still puts in a shift.

No coincidence that Igor's early goals for us came when playing with Church. Watt is a significant upgrade now though.
  • Options
    JBG's freekick is class
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bit of a crap game to be honest on a boggy pitch, not sure what the attendance was but atmosphere was very flat. But will take that every week. Strange formation but it worked. Church gave it to us big time when he scored. Guddys goal was superb especially from 20yards out.

Nice to meet a few of the guys afterwards including fanny and her husband nursing a sore head now lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Great day out, shocking drive home. Not the greatest game but they did well on a tricky pitch. Touches of class from Hendo giving his gloves to someone and Tony Watt giving his shirt to a young supporter.
  • Options
    Let me tell you
    Might as well do
    'Bout a boy who can do anything...
  • Options
    A good win. Feel sorry for Blackpool players and fans, treated very badly. Still, great to see Eagles score, and delighted for Church too. Take JBG scoring as granted! Well done to all fans who made the long trip, pleased it was worthwhile for you.