Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CEO on Radio 4 this evening (Thursday 19th)

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-ceo-on-radio-4-on-thursday-evening-2344828.aspx

This will be discussion with Scadamore mentioned at the Bromley meeting last week.

Comments

• Options
    good show that, well worth a listen on an average show
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I did pose the question to Katrien last week that they needed to promote and get their views across to the British media, because it wasn't just CAFC fans in the Charlton bubble that were struggling to understand the big picture.
    Martin Samuels in the mail and Chris Dunlavy in the Football league paper are just two who have been critical of the network model.

Katrien conceded that they were working on this aspect and i hope this may be another step in this journey.
  • Options
    Is she going eye to eye with Evan Davis ?
  • Options

He has a great face for radio.

• Options
    Wouldn't mind being the seat or microphone
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I'll never forget the dragons den sketch on the new harry and paul show when they did Evan Davis, classic
  • Options

Stig said:

Imagine the comments on here a couple of months ago if it had been announced that Meire would be on a programme called The Bottom Line. Thankfully everyone seems to have grown out of that now.

PL54 said:

Wouldn't mind being the seat or microphone

O no they haven't.

Oh dear
  • Options
    Very impressed, so far, with our Katrien
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished, so, very impressed with our boss lady
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    She sounded good, but a bit of a shallow program really, but then can't really expect much in depth coverage in 1/2 an hour. Good that we should be included on such a program.

I wonder what Scudamore is texting to his friends about our CEO now.
  • Options
    thought she gave a good representatio of the Football League, so we need £3m from somewhere
  • Options
    Katreen Myhre! Any relation of Thomas?
  • Options
    Just listened to it. katrien was very impressive as usual.
  • Options
    Personally I thought she spoke very well , without giving much away.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Katreen Myhre! Any relation of Thomas?

Sounds about the right pronunciation to me. Wonder if they checked with her first?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just listened in. Really impressive & like the way she wants to work hard to plug that £2-3m gap rather than rely on handouts from PL. Came across really well, in good company.

My downside from that is the impression that German clubs are moving away from their model of club/fan ownership of 50% + 1 vote.
  • Options
    She came across very well , especially as the general questions were tailored towards the 'big' leagues in the prem and bundasliga... Adapted answers well to fit the need and give an account of the championship as a whole.

Heart sank a little when she said 'it's unlikely for charlton to get to the premier league' but had more optimism regarding the business side to charlton from the last minute or so from her answers.
  • Options

Very proud of her.

FL is woefully undersold. Did I hear correctly - Bundesliga 2 gets 20% of the German deal ?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Kap10 said:

She sounded good, but a bit of a shallow program really, but then can't really expect much in depth coverage in 1/2 an hour. Good that we should be included on such a program.

We were an answer on The Chaser the other day an all, blew me away
  • Options
    brogib said:

Kap10 said:

The Chaser?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Just listened in. Really impressive & like the way she wants to work hard to plug that £2-3m gap rather than rely on handouts from PL. Came across really well, in good company.

My downside from that is the impression that German clubs are moving away from their model of club/fan ownership of 50% + 1 vote.
    Hardly surprising that fan ownership is declining.

Charlton don't have enough fans to lose £12m every season from their own money.
  • Options
    Quiz programme on ITV, on air at 5.00pm during the week.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Kap10 said:

brogib said:

Kap10 said:

The Chaser?
    Wasn't me, not guilty for a change. :wink:
  • Options
    This will be int
    TelMc32 said:

That was the slant that Evan Davies took on it, and I was very surprised that he did that. In fact, the only new development the Cologne guy mentioned was at Hannover. Leverkusen and Wolfsburg have always been "works" teams. I know that the Hannover proposal prompted huge fan demos across Germany so it would be interesting to get more background on the news that they have apparently won. One possible answer is that the German guy, who spoke well and was very likeable, nevertheless represents what we might call the Scudamore wing of German football.

As we will explain in a Trust article on Jena, which should be out today, one of the businessmen who has learnt to live with 50+1 is Roland Duchatelet.

I agree with @rikofold that Katrien stood up well to Scudamore and exposed the financial reality of the Championship to a wider audience. Scudamore himself skillfully concealed what a ***** he is until the final minutes when he said that the lousy state of grass roots football is down to local authorities and it is they who should be spending the money to fix the problem.

But in a short programme that covered a lot of ground, Evan Davies swerved round the elephant in the room. Why is the FAPL allowed to even exist as a separate entity and therefore control all the money when as the Cologne guy mentioned , in Germany it is the German FA which negotiates and distributes the money?