Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buyens - Charlton's best ever penalty taker?

13»

Comments

• Options

Although he did miss one or two in his career weirdly enough I would still have staked an important body part on Reidy* scoring if I had to choose.

*The Scottish one not the fat one that is.

Likewise. When he took one, it never crossed my mind that he might miss.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Mendonca missed just one ......... in the 0-0 League Cup match against, if memory serves me right, Bournemouth.

Missed one against QPR too I think. Excellent penalty taker though.

Always thought Paul Mortimer took a good penalty.

Michael Gray was our best penalty taker. ;-)
  • Options

Buyens has just scored his 7th pen out of 7. I can't recall such a consistently good penalty taker in all my years of supporting Charlton.

He just never looks like missing.

mark reid dont remember him missing any
  • Options
    I remember during the 70's we had a spell when we missed about 5 pens on trot, and then when we got one against Watford (i think), some joker in the old covered end shouted that Dave Shipperley should head it.
  • Options
    Not old enough to remember Bob Curtis, so I would have to say, in order, Mark Reid, Super Clive, Buyens, D Bent.

also mention must go to Killer. I'm sure he must have taken them but I cant recall any at this moment in time.
  • Options

I remember during the 70's we had a spell when we missed about 5 pens on trot, and then when we got one against Watford (i think), some joker in the old covered end shouted that Dave Shipperley should head it.

Reid had 3 pens at home to Palace. It was the game we were given the moving to SE25 leaflet. He missed one.