Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, my girlfriend has begun to accompany me to matches...

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff. Clearly tongue in cheek, and very funny
  • Options
    This is great fun. Would make a great stage show!
  • Options
    the pillow talk must be a bit of a 'softner'
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I shan't be bumping this very indulgent thread so much next season, but here's a Twitter link for all concerned fans: https://twitter.com/CAFCAesthetic

The Leeds report is up, btw ;)
  • Options
    Oh dear. We were both in Crossbars today - if you saw the long-haired pair perching by the window suspiciously close to the man of the match presentation screen, you saw us!
  • Options
    'Crouching Luzon, hidden motive'

Class.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I shan't be bumping this very indulgent thread so much next season, but here's a Twitter link for all concerned fans: https://twitter.com/CAFCAesthetic

The Leeds report is up, btw ;)

This is the best yet ...superb
  • Options
    I think I sat next to you and your girlfriend today Leuth! At least there was a guy and his girlfriend in the north upper L block and she was writing furiously in her notebook throughout! She aldo seemed to get excited Each time Bulot got the ball! The fella had long hair and binoculars! Would have said hi but couldn't be sure!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Crouching Luzon, hidden motive..."

THE quote of the season!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Yep, that was us! :D Were you the guy on my left? If you see us another time, please do say hello! Glad we've been #verified at least now :)

Nope I was to the right of your girlfriend! Will say hi at the Bournemouth game!!
  • Options
    So, you're girlfriend is on the lookout for a shaven fox. Better watch out there! ;-)
  • Options
    Another excellent piece.
  • Options
    Fantastic read. Such flair pulsing through the writing style.
  • Options
    Wonderful I was really enjoying this latest report until the dictionary app on my mobile overheated and suddenly went into German mode. Keep it up a great read.
  • Options
    "I order a Whiskey Mac and Pernod and blackcurrant"
  • Options

My dear Ms Leuth
    (Or may I call you Ruth?)
    Please don't think me uncouth
    (Long ago was my misspent youth)
    But as I sit in this quiet booth
    Clutching my fifth glass of vermouth
    Nagging at me like an aching tooth

Is the fact that I haven't yet seen your match report for Bournemouth

Forsooth.
  • Options
    Ain't that the truth
  • Options
    O snivelling pair! Like Stephen Hunt, you must simply await the inevitable.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Bracing myself ....
  • Options
    @Leuth now the season's over, we're expecting your updates on the shoe shopping Saturday afternoons that will now be expected of you over the summer!
  • Options
    Crikey. My Saturday afternoons will be spent playing cricket and cricket alone. I decree it.

Anyway, here you go, gentle people
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "Then Bulot, faced with the altogether alien task of defending, falls down and we all pray for the recovery of his spirit..."

Hidden amongst the fantastic language is actually a bit of football knowledge I'd guess. Definitely tongue-in-cheek. Good entertainment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0
  • Options
    PLEASE get her to continue that blog next season. It has definitely been one of the highlights of this one.
  • Options
    Very good once again ...most amusing
  • Options
    'Bulot reappears shoeless and moreover – shirtless – in Grecian deference to this blog, perhaps? He is the last to leave the pitch and I break into a cold sweat imagining that it could be for the last time.'

Don't want to worry you but............
  • Options
    @Leuth I've been waiting for a thread to say that the blog has been updated with this fledgling season's match reports!
    Checked the blog, and they're there - praise be!
  • Options
    I keep dropping subtle hints in the post-match threads ;)

She's been to both home games so far. I've been to neither. I'm a bad fan. Although - at least my cricket team won both times!
  • Options
    I really really hope this carries on forever