Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, my girlfriend has begun to accompany me to matches...

Comments

• Options
    Wow only just caught up with this thread - just read the Hull City blog....just an amazing use of the queens English that delightfully and teasingly tempts you to want to read more. Get your girlfriend to write more of these please @leuth they are very very good.
  • Options
    I really like them, all football punditry ought to be replaced by stuff like this, traditional punditry is stale and predictable, aesthetic analysis is refreshing.
  • Options
    Leuth, with the loss of Bulot, has she another favourite yet?
  • Options
    Just instant messaged her. She says:

"Little Kashi is my favourite! I always like the fastest on the green"
  • Options
    Is Stuart Hall her Dad?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The wrong kind of Sprite - very funny as usual.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Danny pundit Murphy do this well.

'I love when they run into the ‘dark space’ of the pitch – I always imagine that its properties are different to that of the remaining pitch; a pirate zone in which all boundaries are abolished.'
  • Options
    Another masterpiece, thank you.
  • Options
    Love these. Becoming a must read after every home game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read Charlton Aesthetic instead of the official match reports. She effectively captures the subtle moods of the game.
  • Options
    Excellent, again!
  • Options
    The main reason that I was hoping that we'd hold on to Bulot was the potential effect of his leaving on the Charlton Aesthetic write ups but this one contains some of my favourite sections yet!
  • Options
    I missed one passage of play yesterday and had to admit to my companions that I’d temporarily ‘phased out’. I now believe worry that my subconscious had taken me here.

‘I wonder what all of this might look like if played on the underside of the pitch – would we be forced to grow attached to our favourite clusters of earth, our preferred convex formations?’
  • Options
    Brilliant as always
  • Options
    She says thanks!

But oh! I am worried for her. I think Charlton have tonight driven her quite beyond the precipice. "Too soon", you cry, but it is here.
  • Options
    Just caught up with the Rotherham one, and the bit starting "Cousins loses it and runs over to Pope" has broken my brain. Even Kevin Nolan at his most surreal would be hard pushed to beat this one.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Leuth said:
    I think I sit near you, are you a youngish chap with dark hair any your missus has red hair ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Leuth said:
    I think I sit near you, are you a youngish chap with dark hair any your missus has red hair ?
    Don't tell him Pike :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on, 19th Century Sardinia definitely a preferable place to the Valley after their second goal. Most places in fact, with or without distant firs. Keep it coming!
  • Options
    Another good one.
    Love these.
  • Options
    Cheers folks. Well, AshBurton still the only one to halloo me in person, but I feel that se9addick is closing the net...perhaps come the Preston game, all shall be confirmed...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    lol I think she's on acid for this one :wink:
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    These just get better & better.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Cheers folks. Well, AshBurton still the only one to halloo me in person, but I feel that se9addick is closing the net...perhaps come the Preston game, all shall be confirmed...

"Everyone leaves to down several pints apiece at 2/4 time" definitely gives it away !

Top stuff by the way, I haven't got a clue either what the "Wow" adverts are about
  • Options
    Another great episode. When will it be made into a film?
    BTW, the WOW advert/vinyl wrap is for the Hadlow College.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I sat next to you and your lady friend at the Leeds game last year but was too scared to approach...
  • Options

Leuth said:

I sat next to you and your lady friend at the Leeds game last year but was too scared to approach...
    You could have spoken to his Butler and asked him to deliver a message to His Lordship on a plastic plate
  • Options
    "Everyone has a direct instruction for the team – we could make a killing were we to harness my in-match telegram initiative."